FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Ketchups are moving to SoCal! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Ketchups are moving to SoCal!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
So*, Jeff has a good enough offer that it's official. We're moving to California! [Party]

(He may not take this offer, actually, if he gets a better one; he's waiting to hear back from one more potential employer.)

We've still got to find housing, and we've got to find a way to move (total costs will probably end up being somewhere in the $2,500 range), and we've got to pack, and all. But we're going to do it. And we'll even be able to scrape by on just Jeff's salary, which is a good thing.

We'll be in driving distance of all the shindas; I'll even be able to sneak over and spy on rivka while she washes her hair! (Just kidding, rivka. [Razz] ) I'll be near my family, and we'll actually have health insurance for the first time since 6 months after we were married! Jeff will be able to work a straight, 40-hour work week, and once we settle in, to go to school. There's plenty of room for promotion and raises, and we'll be able to pay off some of our debt and eventually improve our credit again instead of getting into more.

Thanks, Hatrack, for all your help, prayers, and good wishes. We love you! I'll miss the Jatraquera/os I've met out here, especially katharina, Coccinelle, Boon... You guys have kept me sane sometimes. And I'll try to make it out to visit as often as I can, and I'll still be on Hatrack. Now that we're actually moving, I'm realizing how many friends I've made and how many things out here I'll miss! Plus, I had a baby out here, and all our "family" memories-- pretty much everything after the honeymoon-- is out here, so I feel I've kind of put down roots. But I think we'll be happy, and be able to make a good life.

We'd appreciate your continues prayers, love, and good wishes. Also, please don't get offended if I'm snippy until the move is over; it's going to be a stressful month. I don't mean it, and apologize in advance. [Group Hug] You are all the best!

[ June 29, 2005, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Best days ever ahead of you!
[Party]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome (back) to CA!
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
*grins* Good...ahem...job! [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

I'm happy for you, really I am.

I still feel like I've met a long lost sister and she's leaving.

Thrilled for your family, that you'll be doing better financially and all...but sad for me.

Carp, too sentimental.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the job offer KQ!! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Hope the move is painless!

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
"They said 'California's the place you ought to be',so they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly"

"Hills, that is. Swimming pools, movie stars" [Cool] (<--movie star)

Mazel Tov! [Party]

Shvester Esther

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy for you two that it's worked out this well! Good luck with moving and all that that entails, and may your snippiness be light!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

I'm glad for you and your family kq.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

[The Wave]

[Party]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, everyone. I feel so much better actually having a solid job offer we can live off. I can finally get some sleep-- barring Emma waking me, that is. [Wink]
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you think you get to sleep after news like this? [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations for all of you! I know this is a greatly desired move, but we'll miss you here!

Yay! [Big Grin]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I must have missed it, what city are you moving to?
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, that all depends on the housing we're able to find. But we're aiming for Tujunga/La Crescenta/Montrose/Glendale (north of Pasadena, for anyone unfamiliar with the area.)
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
But I just met you all! 'Sokay, though cause I knew you were hoping for this. I'm glad everything is working out and good luck with the move (I don't envy you that - I hate the process of moving. Teleportation can't come too soon for me).
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
(I don't envy you that - I hate the process of moving. Teleportation can't come too soon for me).
Amen to that! We're going to have two garage sales, to get rid of as much as possible before we have to haul stuff halfway across the U.S.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the job Jeff, and I'm happy you guys are moving back to CA.

I suppose this means I'll have to cough up that Wenchcon commemorative shot glass for Emma now? [Angst] Or was it a tea cup, kq?

quote:
Now that we're actually moving, I'm realizing how many friends I've made and how many things out here I'll miss!
Isn't that always the way? You only realize how good things are when they change.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Shot glass or miniature mug. And maybe you should wait until we move; one less thing, especially breakable thing, to pack is always good! And we can probably even send you the postage to cover that.

I'm getting better, though; I remembered to pick one up at the Tulsa Zoo on Monday. The nice thing about shot glasses as a collectable is that they're usually under $5 (Disneyland, of course, being the exception.)

Morbo
Member # 5309

That's what I meant, that after you moved I would ship you the glass or mug.

So you hope to move in July, or when?

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We're going to give our 30 days' notice and be out of our apartment by July 31. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

Hey! We can be moving buddies! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rember
Member # 8273

- posted      Profile for Rember   Email Rember         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Ketchups! Hmmm, armed with this valuable info I'm wondering if I should spill the beans. Here's my favorite expression of the day, "A multiplicity of blessings to you!"
Posts: 216 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats guys! best of luck out there...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Moving is a pain, and I can't imagine doing it with a toddler (the dog was bad enough), but I know people do. May your moving headaches be small ones.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
This scepter'd isle,
this other Eden, demi paradise,
this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this...

Los Angeles.

Welcome to our fair city. [Smile]

A good way to apartment hunt is through a rental service called Westside Rental. It is a paid subscription service, but you can purchase someone else's subscription at a discount through Craigslist. Just go here and search for "westside rental."

Best of luck!

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I know this is what you wanted. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Hmmm, armed with this valuable info I'm wondering if I should spill the beans.
You're welcome to, especially since I'm not posting over there any more.

Beren, thanks for the info; my dad had mentioned that, but the Craigslist info is very valuable help.

Thanks, everyone else, for the congratulations. Now, to find a place to live and a way to get there...

Rember
Member # 8273

Hi, KQ, why? The tone has improved considerably of late, don't you think? And I wasn't going to share your news, just a little ribbing to go along with my good wishes for you.
Posts: 216 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'll e-mail you.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Posting over where?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The forum I first met the person who posts as "Rember" here on.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Ah, how specifically vague.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Sorry, I don't feel like sharing with you right now.

Especially after your comments about men who don't serve a full-time mission. I married one, and I'm not taking it well.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Pfft. Get over it. I asked some serious questions and then started goofing around with JB. Nothing in there can be construed as an attack on you or your husband.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You get over it. It's none of your business who I know or from where, and I am not in a good mood right now.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Eh.
Rember
Member # 8273

Everything's comin' up roses. A dozen red ones for KQ.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
How exciting! Good Luck!

((((ketchupqueen))))

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck KQ, I hope you will be able to buy house someday. The prices there are OUTRAGEOUS! Perhaps you will be able to find something after the bubble bursts.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Maybe rivka and I will have to build a giant bubble-pricker.
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, but it has to wait until the place I-still-co-own-don't-ask sells.

Which it's in the process of doing. Maybe. Sort of.

Don't ask.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, it will take us time to construct this pricker, anyway. So you'll have time.

*doesn't ask*

Morbo
Member # 5309

Awww, I'm sorry you're still stuck in that legal morass [Wall Bash] , Rivka. [Frown]
I'm not asking, I'm commiserating. [Cry] [Kiss]

rivka
Member # 4859

Thanks. [Smile]
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congratulations and best wishes for a painless move.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.