FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » punwit, Noemon and Farmgirl!

Author Topic: punwit, Noemon and Farmgirl!
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Caleb and tabithecat are coming now and will be here between one and two. They have to leave around 5 or so because tabithecat is going to the baseball game. So, if you want to come earlier than the 3-5 discussed in the other thread, feel free.

Unless something changes, of course.

Not that we needed a new thread or anything, but I just wanted to make sure to get your attention.

[ July 01, 2005, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

I don't get my name on a thread title simply because I was paying attention and answered in the other thread! [Cry]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I checked the other thread already and answered. I really expect I'll be there about 1:30 unless I run into some unexpected spousal requests.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

No. I didn't put your name on it because I already knew you weren't coming till 3.

Well, actually, I have no idea when you're coming. I just know if you wait too long, the brownies will be gone. Man, they smell good.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

USRs are a pain in the butt.

I know you wife doesn't like this kind of thing, but are you sure you don't want to bring your daughter? Farmgirl's kids will be here, and so will mine.

punwit
Member # 6388

She (Anna) left for the Lake of the Ozarks last night. She'll be gone until Monday afternoon. I did ask Cheri if she wanted to go since she'd be home alone and I received a rather abrupt "NO, I don't really enjoy standing around talking with people I don't know" She isn't the gregarious type and I don't bug her to go cause then I don't have to leave early when she's ready and I'm not.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Okay. Just thougt I'd check. The Ozarks sound more fun anyway. And I forgot she was going there.

I knew about your wife, though. If this weren't at my house, I probably wouldn't have gone, either.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I'll try to make it earlier than 3, then.

My dilemma is-- my sister is in charge of the parade in our small town. (yes, it' s on the 2nd instead of the 4th) I have no desire to see the same parade I see every year, but she is short a parade judge and might need me to do that; at 10 AM. So if I have to do that, then I can leave here until probably around noon.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to get there earlier than 3, but it'll depend entirely on what kind of time I make tonight.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Are you still here?
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yep
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

K. Sent another e-mail.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Got it--see you tomorrow!
Hatrack
Member # 2291

- posted      Profile for Hatrack   Email Hatrack         Edit/Delete Post 
For those old-school enough to know who this is....

We're leaving right now and should be there in about 30 minutes! Hopefully I can find the tupperwear I owe you...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 86 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

[Big Grin]
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hatrack:
For those old-school enough to know who this is....

Gosh darn I wish I was in on the secret.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Caleb, baby, I miss you.

[Kiss]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

10:45 PM -- Kayla and all -- we got home fine.

I'm not a great night driver, so the last hour or so the kids played their music loud to keep me awake [Smile]

We detoured through Ottawa so I could show Steven the neighborhood punwit lives in, with all the great big old houses with beautiful architecture. We also stopped for ice cream. But overall, I guess I just drive slow, that it takes me so long to get across the state.

Bonus on the way home, after 10 PM there were many neighboring town doing their annual fireworks displays, and we could see them all across the horizon -- matching the lightning now in our western sky tonight. Made for a beautiful show on the last part of the trip.

Kayla is a wonderful hostess and I really had a great time today. I really needed this day away for a little R&R to take my mind off everything around here.

The company was great, and I'm sure glad we made the trip.

Farmgirl

Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just post here that I'm jealous of all of you. I'm glad you had a great time. Have a happy July 4, too. [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

I'm glad y'all made it home safely.

My son had a great time with your kids and my husband is looking forward to his omelet this morning.

quote:
We also stopped for ice cream
Damn, I had a huge tub of Blue Bunny Chocolate Chip ice cream that I meant to serve. If I didn't completely space out they could have had ice cream here with their brownies!

We really appreciate you making the trip. I know it's a long drive, so thank you.

Kayla
Member # 2403

And tstorm, there are lots of leftovers. I'll be here all weekend. [Wink]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hopefully I can find the tupperwear I owe you...
I don't know what's more disturbing, the image of Caleb wearing a plastic container or the thought that I didn't get any of Kayla's leftovers.

I'm sorry we couldn't join you all. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Well, now that you're closer, you could come almost anytime. [Smile]

And punwit, I forgot to ask. Can I have the recipe for that incredible dip? Yummy!

And the name of the chipotle?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, now that you're closer, you could come almost anytime
Quite true.

So, about this dip recipe...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Mmm. . . spinach, artichoke. . .
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oh yum...
punwit
Member # 6388

Much appreciation to our hosts, Kayla and her very witty husband, Kile. It was a pleasure meeting Caleb and Tabithecat and Noemon. The food was very good (I'm still full) and the conversation was, as you'd expect, stimulating and varied.

The dip is a mixture of Fiesta Spinach and Artichoke with cream cheese. You mix a quarter jar with each block of cheese.

The salsa is made by a guy I new in school. Here is his site with all of his products. The particular one we had was called Monty's Party Picante Chipotle.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth!

Edit for stupidity. I forgot to mention that I finally got to meet the rest of Farmgirl's family. It was nice meeting the the male contingent of the Pribbnow clan. [Wave]

Second edit to tell Kayla that you've acquired friendly points with the wife. I showed her the care package that you sent home with me and she said, "Ohhh, I LIKE this Kayla person!"

[ July 03, 2005, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.