FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Man Arrested For Exposing...Breasts?

Author Topic: Man Arrested For Exposing...Breasts?
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Linky

quote:
Jerome Mason, 23, six feet tall and 200 pounds, was charged with indecent exposure after going topless on a city street early in the morning of April 22.

"This complaint is based on Arrested exposed his breasts in public," the police report states.

It's not clear whether Mason's "full set" came about naturally or artificially.

In a medical condition called gynecomastia, men grow female-shaped breasts; however, a series of mug shots of Mason posted on WCPO-TV's Web site shows the arrested man's hair gradually growing longer and more feminine, culminating in a chin-length bob.

Whatever the size or shape of Mason's breasts, he shouldn't have been arrested, argued defense attorney Michael Welsh.

This is somewhat disturbingly hilarious.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I think any law which states that a man can have his shirt off in public and a woman can't is all sorts of wrong.

In fact, I was told by one of my parents that women could legally be shirtless in NY because of that very reason. But, whichever parent who told me that might have been wrong. I'll have to look it up sometime.

Edit:
quote:

2005 June 19. Jonna M. Spilbor, a lawyer, arrogantly claims in the Poughkeepsie Journal that it is illegal for women to be barebreasted in New York State.

She is dead wrong.

This from http://tera.ca/
Off to find correlating data...

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Follow the link to the progressive mug shot pics. It just compounds the weirdness.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've heard that also. I read an article once by a woman who tested it by walking around in New York city topless on a hot day. She wasn't arrested, but she got some astonished looks.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In 1992 New York's highest state court ruled that women could be topfree in public. Since 1992 women in the highly populous State of New York have enjoyed the right to bare their chests whenever men could do so. As one New York Justice wrote in his concurring opinion, "One of the most important purposes to be served by the equal protection clause is to ensure that 'public sensibilities' grounded in prejudice and unexamined sterotypes do not become enshrined as part of the official policy of government."
Yay for equal rights!
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that this guy has a "series of mug shots" is of some concern as well..... (they span over several years)

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In 1992 New York's highest state court ruled that women could be topfree in public.
Yay for b- er... equal rights!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I second that, yay for breaqual rights!
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure that's not bra-equal rights?
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.. Awesome, though I wouldn't do it. Mostly because that's sensitive tissue and would suck if sunburned. But I burn like crazy, so...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.