FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Undebateable Hatrackers, Now Accepting Applications (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Undebateable Hatrackers, Now Accepting Applications
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
*avoids the obvious answer*
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
well first we need to define, "undebatable hatrackers"

Is it anyone with a screen name?
Is it someone who knows they are a jatraquero?
Is it someone ragingly incoherent
or someone overwhelmingly logical?

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
It's me, isn't it? [Embarrassed]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Yes.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you itching to get ANOTHER thread deleted,. Scott? oh wait. You're the type that could get every thread and post deleted for a year and not even notice.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Ooh, burn!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

steven, not every thread is about you. I was seriously thinking Jon, we think to much alike. If you remember correctly, I did debate you.

...and I deleted that thread.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

You're so vain.
You probably think this thread is about you.

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
*stabs Jon Boy*

That's for putting Carly Simon in my head!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

I love regurgitated jokes.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Since steven decided to poke his head up in another thread, I'll take another stab at this.

steven, why did you refuse to modify either your existing posts or even your posting style in future posts when it was pointed out how insulting you were being, yet once someone ridiculed you for those same posts you decided to delete them?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
<---Missed it.

<---Not sad about that.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

Are you holding to hold me to a higher standard, Dag? That would be pointless.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*thwap*

<-- doesn't miss

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Nope. I'm trying to hold you to the lowest possible standard, which, unfortunately, seems to be out of your reach.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
I forgot, that was another board.
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
Nope. I'm trying to hold you to the lowest possible standard, which, unfortunately, seems to be out of your reach.
[edit] There was a bunch of nonsense posted here, I've deleted it.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well that's good. I wasn't talking to you and I hate eavesdroppers.

Once you have one of them land on your foot, you won't forget it.

scottneb
Member # 676

[Smile]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Regurgitation jokes are even better.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

*glad to have remembered my thwap-proof suit today*
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Mmmm... engraved apologies... :drool:
steven
Member # 8099

hey scott, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Happy?
eslaine
Member # 5433

Posty go "poof"!
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
<---Missed it.

<---Not sad about that.

Well, eslaine, not to be picky, but seems to me that means you just didn't see it. Sounds like you didn't really miss it at all. [Wink]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

Well...

Point taken.

*slinks away*

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It must be Fried-day. I just got a really disgusting visual of a giant bird nest. A stand-up comic was feeding her open-mouthed younglings regurgitated jokes. [Angst]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

You guys just aren't the Enders I thought you were.
eslaine
Member # 5433

The enemies' gate is across the hall, down to the left, and under the stairs.
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
hey scott, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Happy?
You never really hurt my feelings, steven. No need to appologize.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You're so vain.
You probably think this thread is about you.

[ROFL]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
More seriously, I've taught my kid to respond to folk who are incoherently viturperative by smiling, shrugging, and saying, "Well, I can't argue with THAT."

Sometimes the only way to win is not to play.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Tante, it was much funnier when I SAID IT THE FIRST TIME!

Jon's a joke stealer!

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

What? I never saw you post that.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Maybe he deleted it...
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

He's just the sort of person that would do that.
scottneb
Member # 676

It's from your own website! The joke starts in the second post from the bottom.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought Stilton would be more intimidating. Not bright, but at least a little threating.

One out of three ain't bad, I guess, all things considered. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

I'm a little sorry I followed that link. I have plenty of friends who've read Dr. Price's book. Of the lot of you, none have read the book, and none agree. Of the group of people I know who've read the book, nearly all agree with his conclusions.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
There are two conclusions you can draw from that, steven. One is that Price's book is so compelling that those who read it cannot help but be convinced; the other is that those who already share a belief in his conclusions are more likely to read his book to have their beliefs reinforced. Neither conclusion actually speaks to the validity of his claims.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

I wish I was Tom. Or at least have half of his logic.
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
I'm a little sorry I followed that link.
[Dont Know]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets not forget the third option:

That most of us aren't going to give much of anything you say any type of serious consideration, based on your previous faulty logic and poor manners. At least not while you seem to not understand how poorly you behaved earlier, in other threads.

Harsh, but true...We don't suffer fools gladly.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

Tom--I was a 100% raw vegetarian when I read that book. Price's work shows that cooking food, while not the best thing you can do, isn't AUTOMATICALLY poisoning it (except for dairy foods, which were basically never cooked by any straight-tooth tribes). Not only that, I've had to face the fact that meat is not (when it's of good quality) the worst poison on the planet, necessarily. I wasn't particularly open to Price's pro-meat, cooked-is-almost-as-good-as-raw agenda. Nevertheless, I have had to open my mind in that regard.

Not only that, my best friend, a prety staunch vegetarian, had to admit that Price was right. He's no fool, himself. He went to grad school at Viriginia Tech, and knows shoddy research. His aunt, another highly intelligent person with a grad school diploma, also agrees with Price after reading the book. None of these people particularly were in line with Price's ideas before encountering the book.

All I have to say is this--every Guaymi Indian I met in Costa Rica had perfect teeth, excellent physical structure, and was very strong and flexible, and could work hard all day with no problem. However, plenty of people I grew up with had crooked teeth, flat cheekbones, and general poor health. The Guaymi are a lot healthier, on average, than the people I grew up around. They also have no access to refined sugar, refined grains, or any other processed foods, since they live a 3-hour hike through the virgin rain forest from the nearest DIRT road.

scottneb
Member # 676

You're totally derailing my thread, steven.
eslaine
Member # 5433

So, what is it with sedimentation anyway? I mean, it's just more rock, right?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be curious to learn how many people came to Price's work from the raw foods side, and how many "normal" eaters find his work revelatory. I wonder if it speaks more powerfully to the raw foods demographic.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

According to this entry in Wikipedia, The word "sedimentation" is actually the settling of suspended particles. So, in that sense no, "sedimentaion" is not "just more rock," however "sediment" is just more rock. Jeez.
steven
Member # 8099

What is all this about sedimentation? Have I missed something?
scottneb
Member # 676

eslaine and I are trying to get the thread back on subject.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.