FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What I like about you (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What I like about you
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
I like scottneb because I almost always end up smiling after reading his posts.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Bokonon.

He's cool.

*Takes photo of self-image*

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I like how Tante always has something nice to say to people. And she throws in the perfect amount of humor.

Aside from that, I feel under appreciated. [Cry]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
SteveRogers you were the very first person to flirt with me on Hatrack (in my Newbie thread, if I recall correctly), and I will always hold a special place in my affections for you because of that. And, judging from your writing, you are cute as all get out.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Zotto because he always inspires me to live life to the fullest even if he doesn't post here as much as he used to.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I want a link to his flirting of which you speak, because I can't find it and I want to verify what I said.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
SteveRogers you are all over me in this thread.
(Why oh why do we not have a graemlin who bats her eyes coquettishly?)

<bats eyes coquettishly>

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tante is cool. She and CT are the women I want to be when I grow up. (because they're not grown up at all)
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Anna and Corwin because they help me particularly when my heart was broken. Anna, your story about the little polar bear was a great medic. [Smile]
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
Hey- I was the first to bring the song up!

I just got the lyrics wrong.

you had the lyrics right, I think.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

quote:
Originally posted by scottneb:
Is racist and pro-genocide.

I bet I was racist and pro-genocide before you and I also bet I'm more dedicated to it than you are [Razz]

Tante, you hold the opinions of Steven that you wish, but I guarantee you he got far less than he tried to give... it's not our fault his malice was covered over by his startling incompetence as a troll. Within the first page of his first thread, aside from insulting everyone who had more than 1 kid, he unprovokedly and directly attacked both Geoff Card and myself, got belligerent with literally everyone who posted on it, and "warned" Papa Moose with full knowledge that he was the moderator.

Then again, being bad at trolling is probably a good trait and speaks of an earnestness that is an asset to a soul. </pollyanna>

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Jay because his views are a lot like mine. Which means he is right most of the time. I like that.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard for me to understand where you are coming from, Jim-Me. How about you tell me how you feel about the Catholic church's stance on birth control in sub-Saharan Africa?
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

why should I? so you can tell me to shut my yap again?

I happen to have some strong opinions on the subject. If you showed any inclination or ability to listen, think, or, for that matter, treat your opponents with the respect typically accorded to hen, much less people, I might be inclined to share them with you.

How 'bout we drop this and quit ruining Tante's very kind thread?

steven
Member # 8099

Enjoy that meme, Jim-Me. Ride it 'til the end.

I'll gladly make this my last post directed toward you in this thread.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
steven, I don't know where you got that chip on your shoulder, but it's about to crush you into the ground. Maybe you need to let it go.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

- posted      Profile for Lurker-Girl   Email Lurker-Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
In the interest of getting back on topic, I like ketchupqueen because she's amazingly nice, open, and a great cook.

Also, she let me beat on her at DallasCon. [Big Grin]

Posts: 74 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
When are you going to come do that again? Jeff wants to know. [Big Grin]

I like Lurker-Girl because she's witty, smart, expresses herself well, and gives a heck of a massage. [Big Grin] Oh, and she likes my cooking.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

- posted      Profile for Lurker-Girl   Email Lurker-Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww. Just call me, silly! I will warn you, though, that I'm slightly out of practice... [Smile]
Posts: 74 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

All right, I may have a chip somewhere in the head/neck/upper-torso area.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You need to find someone wonderful like Lurker-Girl to remove it for you. [Big Grin]

I'm e-mailing you right now, btw.

[ July 19, 2005, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

Hmm. . . maybe if it were a knot instead of a chip. . . [Wink]
steven
Member # 8099

In fact, I DID receive a head injury that affected me, around age 2. *waits for inevitable jokes*
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Too easy.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
*avoids obvious joke*
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Too easy.

Yeah. It'd be like kicking a one-legged puppy.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

What about a three-legged dog who has 1 hind leg, and has to sit on his testicles? I saw one of those, once.

Seriously, I fell and hit my head when I was two. it knocked my jaw and nose out of alignment.

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

ouch... that's a rough fall...
steven
Member # 8099

I required 6 stitches to my lip, and I still have the scar, 27 years later.

I do ascribe SOME of my behavior to "post-concussion syndrome". Hits to the head have created serial killers. One in particular whose name escapes me was completely normal until he hit his head in a motorcycle accident. Dr. Oliver Sacks noticed that 46 of 47 patients who received an injury to a particular area of the brain quit their jobs and became gourmet chefs and/or food critics. Etc, etc. it only gets weirder with head injuries and brain research.

steven
Member # 8099

bump for "post-concussion syndrome" edit.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Uh, where is it?
steven
Member # 8099

it's on my lip. the scar, you mean? Or the edit? It's in the post just previous to my "bump" post.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Then why bump? *confuzzled*
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
<---Has had close to ten concussions so far.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Steven is just confuzzling like that.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by steven:
bump for "post-concussion syndrome"

The bump leads to the concussion; it does not follow it.

Sorry about the head injury, and that you feel that you still have residual effects.

An advantage of being nice to folk, is that they are nice to you, and maybe even to others, in return. This increases the sum quotient of psychic goodness in the universe, and helps the world to heal.

(Words of wisdom from Jewish mysticism)

Also, it feels nice.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
SteveRogers you are all over me in this thread.
(Why oh why do we not have a graemlin who bats her eyes coquettishly?)
<bats eyes coquettishly>

Two things involving that thread:

1) I'm sorry I killed your introduction thread, I'd never noticed that before.

2) Did you ever say who it was?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

1) You did not kill it. I was impressed that you helped it go on for 3 pages.

2) Nope!

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

1) I meant I was the last one to post on it, that means I killed it.

2) Will you tell me now?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

1) Nah, it was played out by then. You were keeping it on life support. I think it died a natural death. You are no killer.

2) Nope!

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

1) Or so you think!

2) Why not?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Because I don't want to embarrass the other person. It is someone who posts often, and I wouldn't want things to be uncomfortable.

And I STILL like your flirty banter.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

1) E-mail it to me. Its not like I'm going to spread it all over the 'rack.

2) Thank you.....I think...........

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

SteveRogers,
Check your email.

steven
Member # 8099

Tante--there are parents whose children were murdered as the result of a head injury. I can do the research if you want.

I have had plenty of other head injuries, but the ones that cause obvious cranio-facial misalignment are ALWAYS personality-changers. Count on it. Obvious cranial assymetry is nearly always sure to cause/accompany behavior problems. Not that my nose is super-crooked or anything, but it's noticeable from up close.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'm a rehab nurse, and am fully aware of the implications of TBI. When I said I was sorry about the head injury, I was not being glib. I was being sincere. It is the kind of handicap that can have its own unique challenges, partly because it can be invisible.

You have my sympathy for your travails.

That said, I still think you ought to be nice.

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Tante- That wasn't too hard was it?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'm exhausted from the strain. Good night!
[Sleep]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Good night........
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Because I don't want to embarrass the other person. It is someone who posts often, and I wouldn't want things to be uncomfortable.

It is possible that he/she/it wouldn't mind, you know.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.