FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What I like about you (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What I like about you
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You think?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure Katharina is used to this by now, Tante. [Evil]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
What if I was born with obvious cranial-facial asymmetry?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
I think a smidge of asymmetry is totally hot in women and in men. Mimi Rogers and Mariska Hargitay are two women I stare at, just because there is something so memorable about them. Both have asymmetry -- especially Mimi in the mouth and Mariska in the eyebrows.

Perfect symmetry looks plastic to me, like a WalMart vase. I prefer handblown (with natural variation, but not misshapen).

There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I read about Marlon Brando that breaking his nose on stage was one of the best things to happen to his career. It made his face slightly imperfect and much, much more memorable.

Perfect side

Non-perfect side

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

Yeah. Gimme door number two, please. [Big Grin]
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I can never be sure if it's you with one of these new names until you start talking about a topic like Mariska.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:

I can rearrange your skull bones by sticking a balloon up your nose. Would that help?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

*laughing

edited to add: The lyrics should've been a dead giveaway, too, come to think of it.

Annie
Member # 295

When we first got Corel photo software in the 90s, my Dad went crazy over splitting pictures of people in half and mirroring their faces. He'd print out a picture of my baby sister with two left halves and then one with two right halves and show it to everyone he knew.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:

I can rearrange your skull bones by sticking a balloon up your nose. Would that help?
That sounds too complicated, why not just find someone with perfect facial symmetry and switch their skin with yours? If it's good enough for John Woo it should be good enough for you!
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

The balloon sounds fun.

Just for kicks, I mirrored the two halves of my face.

Here is Annie if her left brain were totally in control
and here she is with the right brain calling the shots.

Freaky, no?

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

The right-brain Annie looks more sinister. I'd be afraid of her.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Really? I thought she was the cuter of the two.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

You can be sinister and cute at the same time.
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie i prefer a face with a light disymmetry.

But the idea to study the mirored right face and left face is really interesting. I notice.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, I think the person might mind. Though I'm not sure I should be the judge.....
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

quote:
You can be sinister and cute at the same time.
That's the secret!

*goes off to get sinister*

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'm hideously sinister. I apologize. I'll go plot against the voices in my head in the corner. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
rivka, I think the person might mind. Though I'm not sure I should be the judge.....

I'm going to have to disagree. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, you guys! All this Hatrack banter! That's what I like about you!

<doesn't have a sinister bone in her body, yet remains cute as heck>

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I was actually trying to be mysterious. I hadn't noticed that she had told people yet. I wasn't paying that much attention. Because attention has never paid a nickel of my money back.
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I figured out who it is...
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by JaimeBenlevy:
I think I figured out who it is...

Refer to "Newbie Alert, Newbie Alert..." thread, page 3
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
D'oh! Didn't realize you already said it. But I was right about who it was!
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.