FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Weird (great) day...

Author Topic: Weird (great) day...
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
In this thread we were discussing writing for free. I mentioned that (apart from Hatrack) I don't.

Today, I get two calls directly related to my work on the mag I mentioned in that thread.

This morning I got a call from our largest television network asking for an interview for a new kids TV show on future technology.

A few hours later I got a call from a PR person in one of our hugest post-production companies (think major motion picture, think ground-breaking visual effects, think a couple of brothers) wanting to outsource some PR writing - press releases, production info, that sort of thing - at a quite reasonable hourly rate!

Weird how you work hard for so long and it seems nothing ever comes of it... then when you least expect it, these things just drop out of the blue...

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Troubador. That is truly great news and I hope that even more good things come of your writing!
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Did the shoot today - turns out that I wasn't just being interviewed... it's a kind of science & technology show for kids and the concept is that they have a different presenter for every show. So no interviews - just me playing with gear and doing straight-to-camera pieces. I've got to go back for the voice overs and they want to use me again for their film post-production show at a later date...
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.