FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Calling Crafty Crafters (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Calling Crafty Crafters
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Goody's stitching blog
Warning, I've been letting quite a few more rants go off there than I used to, so there may be some language and possibly controversial topics.

Status pages for each of my major works in progress are along the right side with bars to represent approximate progress.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
anybody know a good source for natural wool yarns? I just purchased some merino from Ebay but I wondered if there was a better source for quality yarns.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Coccinelle, thanks for the suggestions. I'll put both of those of my Christmas wish-list for my family. I'm not really doing a pattern (though I can't wait to do a Log Cabin). The friend who taught me already had some large blocks cut, so she gave them to me and told me to start simply. So, it's basically just a baby print block, white block, baby print pattern.

A quilting store in a neighboring town is holding a beginner's quilting demonstration this Saturday which I'm planning to attend. It's basics like cutting fabric, etc. which I think will be helpful.

Sarah - those dolls are adorable!

Belle, if you go to mothering.com and search through the crafts forums I'm quite sure you can find links to some great sources for wool through there.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think every Chinese person I've ever known was a fabulous knitter. Curious.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, there are a lot of talented people here!

I'm looking for a needlepoint or cross stitch for the baby's room, but I haven't really found anything that I like.

They also just opened a knitting store close to my house and I signed up for a class. I love cardigans and I'd love to be able to make them for the Ladybug.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M, this is the one I sort of have in mind for when I ever do one for a baby.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow I want to do this one. Too bad I'm just about 1/4 of the way through my cross stitch.

http://www.solaria-gallery.com/gobelins/gob/d2.htm

Yes, I do realize that I'm a grad student. I know I know I should focus. But crafts are so much more fun and doable than my PhD.

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sarahdipity:
I just bought fabric for my first quilt. This will be the first time I've sewn on a machine in quite a while. I'm going to do the piecing by machine. I have a dumb question about the quilting thing though. I have a dark fabric for the backing of the quilt. But there's lots of light and dark patterns on the front. Do I quilt w/ white thread even though it's going to show up everywhere? Someone mentioned clear thread but won't nylon thread possibly damage the cotton?

1. Adorable dolls!

2. There is no rule that says your quilting has to blend in. However, you want to consider the entire design of the quilt when you decide what color thread to quilt with. Some things to consider...

The qulting showing up on the back is just as much a part of the design as the front. Judges in quilting competitions look at the back and how the design fits with it as well. I've seen many quilts where the back was a dark color and the quilting was in a lighter color. It can be breathtaking if the quilting is done well. It can be a mess if not.

Are you going to machine or hand quilt? Hand quilting lends itself to white thread as it's the more traditional way to go. That said, there are no steadfast rules. It's a design decision.

Do you want the quilting to blend with the top?
Are you doing straight lines or "stitch in the ditch"? This can be a pretty bland design and might not be something you want to show up on the back.
You could change colors of quilting thread in different areas of the quilt.
If machine quilting, I've seen quilters use different colors on the top and bottom threads so that they blend on both sides. Of course, your tension has to be perfect for that to work.

On nylon thread-
Nylon thread tangles and curls easily. It requires a looser tension on the machine. I've seen quilts where it blends in and looks very nice. I've also seen quilts where it looks tacky. It shines so that can make a difference. They make a smokey color that looks transparent on dark fabrics.
If you're making a utility quilt (one that will be used often) don't use the nylon thread. It doesn't stand up to the wear and tear. Cotton/Poly threads are much more durable.

To sum up: It's a design decision. You decide what looks best with the design you've chosen. If you're doing pretty quilting then the fact that people can see it against the dark back is just a bonus. If you want the quilting to stand out over the pieced pattern but blend with the back, then consider a darker color.

I'm sure that's more than you really wanted to know [Smile] Good luck! I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I agree with Coccinelle, but have one more suggestion - have you thought about a variegated thread? They're a bit more expensive but you might find one that blends with all the colors well and doesn't stand out too much.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I love reading experts talk about their field. *admires Coccinelle's posting*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a drop spindle kit with some roving from a llama farm near me, but wasn't all that great at spinning. The lady who owns the farm let me try out her spinning wheel, but I was even worse on that. I suppose I'd probably get pretty good with the drop spindle if I practiced more, but I'd really rather knit.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a spinning wheel, but I haven't used it in ages.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
We seem to have some experts in here!

I have two fairly big projects that I'm working on at the moment - one is a scrapbook to hold some of the 700+ photos I took on my trip through Europe, the other is my first quilt.

I did all of the cutting in mid-June, and I'm now terrified that after all of the washing and drying and trimming threads so the fabric wouldn't unravel that I'm going to terribly botch up with the sewing. I don't have anyone guiding me so I'm just going off of books here but if anyone (coccinelle? [Big Grin] ) could give me a few pointers I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not following a real pattern, I actually made that up myself as well - it's a big quilt (7' x 5'6"), with a 6 in. border running all the way around and diamonds in three differents colors for the rest of it and then just one big plain back. Plain and simple but still pretty and will fit the wear and tear I think it's going to get. I haven't cut the border or back yet since I want to get the real size of the center first, but there are a few triangles between the border and the diamonds which I'm particularly worried about sewing properly (that and just corners in general).

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie
1. Did you wash the fabric after you cut it?
2. Have you already cut the diamonds?

I might not be able to respond this evening in library doing research) but I do have some pointers that I'll be happy to share [Big Grin]

Edit:
Help me get an idea about what type of diamonds you're talking about-
squares turned "on point"

actual diamonds

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to thank Belle again for methioning Dharma trading company on Hatrack. I bought the fabric for my wedding veil there and it was so perfect. (That was the third veil I made -- the first two fabrics (one bought locally and one ordered online) were just not quite right.)
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie,

Yay having yours cut! I started cutting mine tonight and it's going to take me a while to get the hand of the rotary cutter.

Thanks for all the great advice. I'm going to worry about piecing it but at least that gives me something to think about while I cut things forever.

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

dkw I didn't remember that! I'm glad you got something that you liked there, and the veil was gorgeous. [Smile]

Pixie, you have any pics? Be careful with rotary cutters, all! *looks down at healing finger*

Only advice I can offer about machine piecing is be sure to do lots of tests to make certain that the quarter-inch seam line on your machine is set correctly. I also used a permanent marker and a ruler to extend mine so when I'm piecing I can be sure to keep the fabric straight along that line. Consistent 1/4 inch seams are necessary if you want everything to line up perfectly and look sharp and crisp.

As for the corners, be sure to stop your machine, leave the needle in the fabric, then pivot the fabric in the other direction before continuing to sew. That will ensure you get a nice tight turn.

There's some diagrams here that may help.

Pixie
Member # 4043

Thanks for the link and the tip on the corners, Belle! I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but I'll have to lay out all of the pieces again before I start sewing so I'll take one then. I'll give you a hint, though - it's made up of blues, blacks/grays, and whites/light-beiges with a bright maroon/burgundy back so... it isn't really "pretty", but it's not bad-looking either (it's also for BlackFox so I tried to make it something he won't get teased too much over in the barracks [Smile] ). I'm really pleased with the details or patterns on the pieces themselves, though - subtle vines and leaves on all but a few and even those continue the winding or dots found on the rest.

Coccinelle, I'm using what are apparently technically called "squares turned on point". I figured doing anything but squares would turn out horribly. Washed them before I cut to keep from shrinking but, yes, already cut them.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw what ribbons my projects got at the fair.

The black halter top dress got a red ribbon "second place," it wasn't perfect, the hem was pretty bad, I'll re do it to wear.

The scrapbook got blue and honor, which is good, I think I was third in the class of 12, which is even better.

Woven Shawl got reserve champion in baskets, weaving, and spinning class, the winner was a gorgeous red white and blue reed basket.

Knit hat and skarf got reserve champion to a really awesome knit teddy bear.

(not crafts but my cat and dog both have gotten reserve champions so far too).

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, breyerchic!

quote:
Originally posted by kwsni:
I just finished my brown coat to wear to Serenity. It's pretty. Linky.

Ni!

kwsni, that is absolutely fabulous. I'm stunned.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a cross stitch sampler I started two years ago that I am only just completing. [Embarrassed]

(I've only been stitching off and on - it's been abandoned for months at a time).

It's for my little sister, and is all animals - she is animal, and dog in particular crazy.

I'll post a picture when I'm done. I'm pretty proud of it. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Congratulations Breyerchic! That's awesome. [Smile]

Coccinelle, I thought about you and your brother when I was browsing Ebay. I found listings by a seller who sells dye kits like this one.

They're procion dyes, like the ones I use, and she includes synthrapol and soda ash in the kit.

Now just by looking, I'd say that's not enough soda ash. You use much more soda ash than you do dye - for example for a typical yield in a vat dye you'd use a tablespoon of dye per gallon of water, but a cup of soda ash.

But, it's a nice way to get several colors to try out. If you bought the smallest size of those dye colors from dharma it would run you well over $20.

I did the math and she must have a better source than me, or else she buys the dyes by the pound, because I couldn't make a profit selling kits like that for that price.

Pixie
Member # 4043

As of an hour ago I've handsewn the entire pattern of my quilt [Big Grin] . I'm really proud of it and have become very attached to it. My biggest lesson so far has been to never estimate the allowances needed on triangles - I barely had the extra 1/4" on the hypotenuses.

After I attach the border (how much of an allowance do I need for that and the back?), I'd like to continue with the handsewing for the actual quilting, but I'm not sure how to do the right stich for that, or quite sure how to neatly secure the edges once I've layered in the batting. I've read a few things, but they all include complicated words like "applique" and make me forget what I'm reading about. Should any of the fair quilting matrons and gurus of Hatrack have any tips, I would be more than willing to pay homage to their excellence and wisdom henceforth [Smile] .

Belle
Member # 2314

When do we see pics?

Oh, and as a personal update - I dyed the leotards and they came out pretty, but didn't work well in gymnastics practice. For one thing, it was lower cut in the front than the leotards she normally wears, and Emily didn't like it. So she decided to just keep it for practice at home.

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to scrap the baby quilt. The squares that my friend had given me were so badly cut that I couldn't sew the strips together correctly - even she advised me to give it up.

I bought some cute Disney Princess fabric, which I cut and began machine quilting as a wall hanging for Operaetta's bedroom. Wow, lining things up is much more difficult than I thought! I got the hang of it by the bottom, so there's a bit of crookedness in the beginning and middle. However, now it's time to bind it and I've been putting that off for a week. [Razz]

I've also planned (with the help of my mother-in-law) Christmas gifts for my 2 sisters. I'll be making 2 Christmas pillows for each of them and a quilted holiday coaster with a jar filled with spice tea. I've already got the fabric from a Christmas in July sale.

Oh, and I also bought a cool book called Felt Wee Folk which shows you how to make the most adorable tiny fairies and people. Someone stop me now before I start sewing people vacuum covers shaped like cows.

space opera

edit: stupid letters

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm going to bring one of my stitching projects to the Bloomington barbecue this weekend. Probably won't work on it at all, but at least I can show off. =)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I need some advice and opinions, please.

Okay, my cousin and his wife just found out they are expecting a baby, and since they live in Virginia and we don't get a chance to see them often, our family has all decided to have a baby shower for them during our family reunion on labor day weekend.

I like to make baby gifts rather than purchase them but with school starting and my father and stepmom coming in town soon I don't have much time. I found a project that looks quick and takes very little fabric - it's a diaper duffle. Look here.

We don't know if the baby is a boy or a girl yet. So, I need suggestions. would you use yellow or pale green fabric? I even thought about a fine wale courdoroy. You think that would work, or should I just stick with a cotton broadcloth?

What type of embroidery designs? The bunnies like in the example? I really like these baby toy borders but they are pretty gender-specific, aren't they?

If I knew the gender I'd use one of these baby fashions designs. But alas, none of them will work in this case.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

If you can find a fabric with lots of pastel colors (I recall a pastel rainbow plaid when I was working for Joann Fabrics) then you don't have to worry about gender issues. If I remember, that fabric was a cotton flannel, if that matters any.

As for the embroidery, on the site you linked the blocks and ducks are (to me) non-specific. These also look to be for machine embroidery, which is a consideration - make sure the patterns are compatible with your machine.

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the bunny is adorable and the diaper duffel is a great idea. I probably wouldn't use courdory - it's more of a fall/winter fabric.

I would also use pale green. I've never understood why yellow is considered a neutral color - it seems feminine to me.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

The only reason I was thinking corduroy was because I wanted a substantial fabric that would hold its shape better and still be soft to the touch. And I was planning on a really fine wale, the type you use for baby clothing.

You might be right, Mrs. M, I'll just go look at the fabric store and see what I can find. Goody, I'm safe on any machine embroidery design because I have software that converts. And I've ordered from that place before. Good point though, it's something everyone should consider!

Mrs. M, I kinda agree with you - if I did a yellow and white nursery, for example, I would assume it was for a girl.

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't worked any more on the dress and I just bought fabric for curtains to decorate our finished attic. I want to make a magnetic wall for Sophie and a little art/activity area. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be cool(est)?

Ideas so far:

Magnetic wall
Felt board on wall

Activity table w/
gearello -- pegboard gears
Duplo
Thomas train set (my mom is getting Sophie some of the trains, so I figure we're going to need a setup)
Tabletop puppet theater

The Duplo/gearello also come in wall mounted/magnetic forms, but I'm guessing they'd be more fun on a table. I figure we'd rotate what is out on the activity table and use it for an art table as well.

Eventually I'd also like to add a dress-up bin/box and there is a little nook that we have stuffed animals in right now that I've thrown a sheet over to make a hideway tent.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Christy, I think those are all great ideas! One thing I would definately add to the dress-up clothes is a set of play silks. They can be used for dress-up, blankets for dolls, practically anything. atoygarden.com has ones that are well-made and cheap.

On days you don't mind running the vacuum, you can also add a rice or bean table as well. Kids usually love to play in those with a few cups and spoons. You can also throw some small plastic animals in there for her to find.

space opera

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

I love the bean table idea, especially with the excavation suggestion! Obviously you need to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't try to eat anything, though rice and beans would digest in time.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Bed rest leaves a lot of time to craft! [Smile]

I finally finished the Disney princess wall hanging for Operaetta's bedroom the other day with the help of my mother-in-law. It looks really cute in her room, especially up against the newly-painted pink walls.

Last night I finished my neice's birthday present. Her first birthday is this week, and since I can't go to the party I at least wanted to ship her gift. I sewed her a cloth book (the pre-printed material you can buy at Wal-Mart) and then together Mr. Opera and I made her a set of four wooden gnomes. They are absolutely adorable; I should have taken a picture of them before sending them off this morning! Mr. Opera turned the bodies on his wood lathe (just simple wooden pegs) and then I made capes and pointed hats out of felt which I embroidered. They're just the right size for little hands to carry around.

Lately I've also been working on crocheting Operaetta a Care Bear for Christmas. So far I've got the rough head, body, and arms done. I think it will be really cute!

What's everyone else working on?

space opera

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
The bean table is a great idea! Although, I may try a large shallow tupperware. She has a sand and water table for outside that she absolutely loves and she's always rubbing her food over her high chair tray. *laugh*

Yeah, I really want a costume/dress up box, but I'm going to wait until she's a little older. She liked the scarves at her music class and I've been meaning to make her one of those, too.

Working on the curtains today. Painting's done -- woot! Sophie loves the magnetic wall -- yay!

Sounds like you've been keeping busy, SO! How wonderful!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I did an appliqued blanket for the baby finally.

If you go to this page:

flannel fabric

I used the polka dots on yellow for one side, the polka dots on green for the other and bound it with the purple stars fabric. The yellow side had an appliqued baby elephant out of the green fabric and the green side had an apppliqued baby giraffe.

It was pretty cute when all was said and done.

Anyway, right now I'm working on a purse for my daughter and a dance bag for the other one.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Still working on the same big cross stitch projects... but if things go well I can probably have the memorial piece done this month.

And now the yarns are starting to call my name after the shawl suggestions recently.

imogen
Member # 5485

I've put cross-stitch aside for a while and have gone knitting crazy.

It's a whole new world of needles, cotton, wool, angora, possum fur (!) and so on - and I'm loving it.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Starry Night .... that is all. [Smile]

Oh, and Home of the Brave, as long as i'm at it.

imogen
Member # 5485

Well done Goody!

I accidentally went to Lincraft the other day when they had a 50% off yarn sale.

Um, oops?

Belle
Member # 2314

I wanted to let you guys know that next week, the 17th through the 21st, Ebay will be having auctions of handmade items to benefit breast cancer.

If you are interested in donating something, let me know, I can put you in touch with the group that's sponsoring it.

If you're interested in buying something, I'll remind everyone next week when it starts, there will be some beautiful items for sale and all the money benefits breast cancer research.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Imogen, it's only oops if you spent more than you had available... otherwise it's woohooo sale!

And Belle, I'm definitely interested in buying. Don't have anything available to donate at the moment.

Belle
Member # 2314

Goody, you do amazing work. Both of those are gorgeous.
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently became interested in these felted wool patterns for knitting/crocheting. I went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and the Super JoAnn fabrics and none of them had any patterns yet! Not sure if they had the right kind of yarn, either. I guess I should look for a real yarn store. I might be going to Indianapolis on Sunday, come to think of it. Might be a store there. Bet yarn stores wouldn't be open on Sundays, though.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

A lot of quilt shops have felted wool patterns now, Theca.

Most craft stores are not open on Sundays, you're probably right.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I know there are at least two yarn stores in Indy, not sure where they are or if they are open on Sunday, though I was sort of thinking about looking them up because I will be there on Friday, so if i do, I'll post here. Also, i recently got a www.knitpicks.com catalog, and they have free patterns, and some good wool yarn for less than I think it is at most stores, but I haven't bought any yet (my grandma has in the past and says they're good).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

I don't really get what felting is - anyone care to explain?

Goody - you're right. [Smile]

Hmmm, I also got an interweave knitting magazine subscription yesterday (only $28 US - including international deilvery!) and I love the subsciption only bit of their website.

I think I am not going to buy any more yarn unless it's for a specific project. I have enough balls of "but it's so beautiful and such a good bargain" stuff now. [Smile]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Felting is when you take wool and put it in the washer (though I think there are otherways) and it shrinks up, I'll look for you a link tommorow when I'm on a faster connection.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Felting is awesome; I really love the look of it. I'm making a felted tote for my mother-in-law for Christmas, which will be my first felting project. I second the recommendation of knit picks; I bought some merino wool there for super-cheap.

After the first of the year I'd like to start a project for myself. I've recently fallen in love with alpaca yarn, so I'd like to do something with that - I just need to find the right pattern.

space opera

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.sewyoungsewfun.com/freeprojects/feltmitten/feltmitten.html
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.