FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So* who all is going to the Charlotte signing Thursday? Also Atlanta Braves question.

Author Topic: So* who all is going to the Charlotte signing Thursday? Also Atlanta Braves question.
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
So* I’m going to do the ol mini vacation later this week. Thursday I’ll head out to the Charlotte signing. With my box of books for me and various buddies to get inscribed with that great unique OSC branding. If anyone is going to Charlotte and would like to grab something to eat a head of time let me know. There seems to be a few things near by: http://tinyurl.com/8ujlk

Then, after that I’m going to visit some friends in Atlanta. One set I’m going to the Braves/Pirates game with on Friday and then another set of friends I’m going to hit the Saturday Braves/Pirates game. Fun! I’ll of course be wearing Bucs stuff, but doubt they’ll do very well against the Braves. When I go to Pirates games in Pittsburgh, I know where to park with easy access and exit and then I can also have dinner at Outback which is in PNC Park and can watch batting practice while I eat. Very cool. So* is there anything like that I should know about Turner Field that is similar?

Guess this could almost be two threads, but it’s one fun weekend coming up!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
I will be at the Charlotte signing
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
it looks like I will not be able to make it, but as you pass through Greenville on I-85, think of me [Smile]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
The ONE TIME this year I'll be in NC, and I'll miss the signings. Oh well.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, I don't know what time the game is on saturday, but saturday night, Ben Folds is playing a free show downtown Atlanta. you should make it if you can. it's freaking Ben Folds! For Free!

[ July 26, 2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh geez... that sucks! I don't think I can make that either...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

The game is in the evening. Wonder if this will make traffic even more fun. I've never head of Ben Folds. Hope this isn't a mortal sin. I tried to look up some of his stuff. Looks interesting. What are some of his better known recordings?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
"Brick" was a radio hit back in '98. "Army" and "Song for the Dumped" also got a fair amount of radio play. All of those were when he was with Ben Folds Five.

I think "Rockin' the Suburbs" is the only big song of his solo career, but I haven't really listened to the radio the past few years.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Anyone know the record for the furthest drive to an OSC signing?
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping to hit the Charlotte signing, as there were a few books I failed to have signed in Pittsburgh last spring, but I won't be in Charlotte until Friday morning.

You all have fun though.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

OK, just about ready to hit the road and start my weekend mini vacation. Wonder what I forgot to pack.
OSC books…....
Braves tickets…..
Extra Ibuprofen for my bum ankle…
Maps….
Kitchen sink….. oh wait…

Also, got the VCR set for Friday night Sci-fi and have an extra bowl of water out for KC. Neighbors informed and going to check on her. Oooo…. Guess might be good if they got the mail too.

Fun. So if you’re there in Charlotte tonight I’m the guy in the WV shirt and with the big immobilizer on his leg.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.