FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 11 Hours and Counting - Countdown Complete - Pop's Home

Author Topic: 11 Hours and Counting - Countdown Complete - Pop's Home
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
until Pop gets home (approximately). The church van drivers think they will get back in town from LAX around 10PM tonight. I can't wait. I will try to stay awake (although I will probably fall asleep on the living room couch). The kids will be asleep by the time he gets home (unless Mooselet gets too excited and can't sleep).

Get your partying out of the way before he gets home. You probably have all night. I don't think he will be checking in at the 'Rack until tomorrow, especially if he doesn't sleep on the planes like last time.

[ August 02, 2005, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Mama Squirrel ]

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
We've all been frolicking, posting hideously evil and obscene things, knowing that Papa Moose would not catch us.

But now I suppose you're going to TELL on us and then we'll be grounded for WEEKS AND WEEKS.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Mama Squirrel, I hope he gets in on time. When Wes was in Honduras for a mission trip, he was delayed on the way home and didn't get here until a day after he was supposed to come home.

That was a miserable day. [Frown]

So I'll pray the flights all go as scheduled and you get to see your beloved when you expect him. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everyting comes in on time, meanwhile, I'll go post a bunch of swear words while I still can!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
And don't forget the Graemlins.

[Big Grin] [Blushing] [Taunt] [Party] [Hat] [Evil]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we're all in trouble if Papa grounds SCOTT!!!

And {{{hugs}}} for Mama and the Mooselets. I'm sure you've all been kind of frazzled not having Papa home.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
racingbird
Member # 8400

- posted      Profile for racingbird   Email racingbird         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck staying awake-- and I hope the kids sleep. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, unfortunately. My husband is taking off for S. Korea in a few days and will be there until early September. It's his sixth TDY in the last 16 months. Which is a serious bummer since Kidlet (the younger) is 14 months old. He was a month old before my husband met him. The AF pays the bills and has its benefits, but the travel schedule lately hasn't been on that list.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Racingbird-We have a friend at church whose husband is gone for 1-3 months at a time. He is in such secret ops that she never knows where he is. They can write each other once a week (and that gets read by "someone" before being delivered). I don't know how she (or anyone with a spouse in the military) deals with it. I was only without Pops for 2 1/2 weeks. I could never imagine months without him. You (and all other military spouses) have my utmost respect for supporting your spouses in the job they do.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
racingbird
Member # 8400

- posted      Profile for racingbird   Email racingbird         Edit/Delete Post 
I have nothing at all to compare with that. My husband flies a desk. [Smile] The longest he's been gone was three months, which was when I had Kidlet. After that he was home for six whole weeks before they sent him back to the same base he'd just left for six MORE weeks of training. Colicky baby and alone in a new city-- I thought I might never speak to the man again. I got to have him home until the first of the year and since it's been one trip every other month. He spent half of June in Korea and now this trip in August, which is the longest trip this year (so far). Thank goodness my parents love me. They don't live very close, but they've been so much help.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mama and the Mooselets
That would be a great name for a band! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Mama and the Mooselets
That would be a great name for a band!
Like if The Mamas and the Papas broke up and formed their own bands? [Confused]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

Countdown complete. Pop is home, earlier than I expected. He is currently trying to fix the e-mail so he can actually receive the mod alerts for when you people act up. [Wink]

He looks very tired. I am sure he will be checking in tomorrow.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Act up? Us? O:)

Welcome back, Pop. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug* Welcome back. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I want a complete report of the mission on my desk by 13:00 hours!

[Smile]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
And at least as complete as the Where I Wasthread!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.