FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Broadway fans!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Broadway fans!!
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so excited everyone loved Wicked. I have tickets to see it in Chicago on my honeymoon in two weeks. I can't wait! I have been wearing my copy of the cd out in anticipation.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wear the frock. It's pretty!

that is hands down my favorite line from this show. I kept cracking up during the show thinking about it. It was the delivery of the line that was priceless.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
That cracked me up too. As a matter of fact that whole Popular part did.

Did you know much about the storyline before you went? I had no clue other than from the music and it was SO FUN to put all the cleverness together. Man, what a great show!

Theresa, same questions as for Ben! I wish I could go again with you, it's over here for a year. [Frown]

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
I was not even familiar with the Music. Lindsay has the CD but we havent loaded it into itunes so i was not familiar with any of it. And I had no interest in reading the book (I still don't as a matter of fact). I actually went for Lindsay but I enjoyed it immensely nonetheless.

that is all...

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!! Ben liked Wicked!! [Smile]

Next week I'm going to see Michael Crawford do Phantom in concert as the inaugural performance at the recently renovated (and renamed, ugh) Shubert Theater. I don't care if the wall says LaSalle, it'll always be the Shubert to me.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooh! That will be fabulous Goody. Have such a good time. Phantom was the first Braodway show that I ever saw, so it's a little nostalgic for me. Like someone else said earlier, after it ended, it was like I didn't want it to be over so I just sat there wishing for more. Michael Crawford...you lucky!
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Phantom was my first, too. And our seats were exactly eye level with the balcony used for the rooftop... [Smile]

And yes, I'm completely geeked about seeing Crawford. My Broadway buddy is insanely jealous.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

SPAMALOT!!!!!

Dad and I just saw this today - on the last night of the Chicago run. I haven't laughed this hard in ... I don't even know how long. I don't think I laughed this hard at the movie, even!

While I wished certain scenes hadn't been removed (like Castle Anthrax - Galahad simply did not have enough stage time IMHO), I knwo they couldn't have done everything. And I know that some scenes had been cut after the pre-Broadway tryouts here in Chicago in 2004.

One of the best parts was hearing pretty much the ENTIRE audience whistling along with "Bright Side" - with no prompting. From the very first time. And it just got stronger as the song went on.

I believe the next stop on the tour is Washington DC. So if there's anyone in that area who's been thinking about seeing this, I absolutely recommend it! Even if you're not familiar with the movie.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
6 Days till the Tony Awards!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know it was coming to DC. My husband was sad that we didnt' get to see Spamalot on our honeymoon in Chicago because we ran out of time but we live in DC now. I'll have to look into getting tickets for us. I had a great time at Wicked. I loved the set and all of the costumes. It wasn't my favorite story ever but I still had a great time and am really glad I went.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

According to a news blurb on The Daily Llama, Spamalot is at the National Theatre in Washington DC tomorrow (6/7/6) through July 9, then moves to Pittsburgh September 19-October 1. No idea what they're doing during the break.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.