FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Muppet Show: Season One DVD collection... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Muppet Show: Season One DVD collection...
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Rolf is definitely hilarious. I LOVE "You and I and George."

"3 copies of 'You and I and George' were sold. I bought one and George bought one. Where were you?

[ROFL]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
A "Fraggle Rock" movie?

Came past this while scanning for more news on the passing of Jery Juhl.

This _could_ be very cool, though the premise of the proposed film doesn't sound all that great.

That reminds me: I must get a copy of the Fraggle Rock Season One DVD boxed set. Especially if it has that powerful episode where Boober and Red are trapped after a cave-in.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a new Muppet show possibility -- America's Next Muppet

quote:
Twenty-five years after the puppets retired from television, Kermit will introduce a selection of Muppet hopefuls who will compete to join the wacky cast in a new series.

The satire on Pop Idol will feature Miss Piggy and Gonzo making acerbic observations on the wannabes, created by the Jim Henson Company, before final selection is turned over to the viewers.

After buying the rights to the Muppets in a £30 million deal, Disney has chosen America’s Next Muppet as the vehicle for a peak-time television return for what was once the world’s most successful comedy show.

The six-part series will mark the 50th anniversary of Kermit’s first television appearance and, if it is a hit, will herald a range of Muppet tie-ins, from theme parks to a stage musical.

Reliable Muppet sources revealed that a pilot episode made for the ABC network begins with Kermit and other classic characters setting up the talent contest to find the newest member of the troupe.

The concept updates the original Muppet Show scenario as the setting for the strangest variety show on television, featuring a range of weird and wonderful acts. Statler and Waldorf, the Muppets own worst critics, will again offer a sour running commentary from their traditional box seats.

The series, scheduled to be broadcast next spring, will again show the chaotic scenes backstage as Fozzie Bear, Animal and the rest of the gang organise the challenges on the show. This will give an opportunity for celebrity guests to drop by, a highlight of the series, which ran in 100 countries from 1976 to 1981. Ricky Gervais and Jennifer Lopez have expressed an interest in appearing.

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.