FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Free Emails? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Free Emails?
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
And if ludosti runs out, email me and I'll send one out. [Smile]

And if they run out, I have a hundred of them.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too! I want to give away some invites! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Here! I could use one. Please?
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Will someone send me a gmail invite? It sounds really great! I have to get my own! [Smile]

annekateard AT bham DOT rr DOT com

Thanks!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

accio and AK, invites sent. Yelp if there's a problem! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Foiled again! [Grumble]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, when gmail offers a service where people can:

1.) host email for other domains using the gmail service, and
2.) allow wrapped versions of their interface on the web sites for those domains.

They're going to make a TON more money.

Even if they only allowed #1 I might pay for it.

Edit: Also, someone sent me an invite but I didn't recognize the name. Thanks!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag: interesting idea, though there are some significant technosocial issues involved before it could happen.

Given things like their Maps API (which includes a number of just plain utility objects), though, its a future possibility.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a gmail invitation once. I never could get it to let me sign up. I'd fill in all the blanks, hit the button to make it submit, and nothing would happen.

I guess it just hated me.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Wanna try again?
SpiffWilkie
Member # 8464

- posted      Profile for SpiffWilkie   Email SpiffWilkie         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link for an invite...first one to click gets it http://mail.google.com/mail/a-25ab6c7ad0-d1131e82e5-192db22fdb?invt=g
Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
It used to be that gmail invites were worth something. People were trading favors for them, and buying them on e-bay. Now the market's glutted, and people are falling over themselves to give them away.

In the highly unlikely event that Rivka and Quidscribis run out, I have 50 invites as well.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Howell
Member # 8072

- posted      Profile for Peter Howell           Edit/Delete Post 
the only reason they don't jsut completely remove the invitation system and let everybody in as normal is that they would probably have to take it out of beta to do so... and until they're really confident about everything and have stopped testing, they can just say to anybody who loses data or complains about some other malfunction: "Hey, sorry, it's beta, things like this happen in beta". Not that that will ever actually happen of course. With the amount of hardware redundancy that google uses, it would take nothing short of a natural desaster (or the programming equivalent) to cause any noticable damage.
Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

Sure, Rivka. Wanna email me one? [Smile] It's katarain AT yahoo DOT com.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Sent!
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
If everyone else runs Out of Gmail Invites I still have 50.

Just email me at

mandrolin AT Gmail DOT COM

[Blushing] [Wave]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
That was me, Dag.

And I'm hurt. You mean you never clicked through to any of the links of my bylined work that I have posted over the years? [Razz]

EDIT: And sorry I didn't make the connection clear. I usually mention the Zal-name when I e-mail Jatraqueros, but forgot to this time.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I still have something like 90 invites left (between my two accounts) if people are still lacking.... [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

Thanks rivka:) I now have a gmail account! [Smile] I have joined the ranks!

I'm still unique, though. [Smile]

My new email addy is katarain at gmail. I am not sure I'll use it a lot. I already have several emails. Yahoo is for online use (so it gets a lot of spam), and I have one through our internet.. it's like the "official" one. And I have others..

I'm not sure what to use gmail for...

rivka
Member # 4859

Storage? One thing I use my gmail for is storing files I want to be able to access anywhere.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
By the way, when gmail offers a service where people can:

1.) host email for other domains using the gmail service, and
2.) allow wrapped versions of their interface on the web sites for those domains.

They're going to make a TON more money.

Even if they only allowed #1 I might pay for it.

Edit: Also, someone sent me an invite but I didn't recognize the name. Thanks!

Bragging bump.

Google is now running a beta of their new service to host email for other domains using the gmail service. I hope they implement number two soon.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
And I'd like to thank Enigmatic for sending me a Gmail invite. Gmail is awesome and I've been liking it alot ever since you sent it to me.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone else out there doesn't have a gmail invite and wants one, let me know and I'll send you one.... [Wink]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Has GMail started using some program that tells you when you have mail yet? The primary reason why I'm sticking with Yahoo -- followed closely by a) my history with my e-mail and b) Yahoo's clean interface -- is that Yahoo Messenger tells me I have e-mail the moment I get it. Does, what, Google Talk (or whatever it is) do the same?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
There's the Gmail notifier. I haven't downloaded it, partly because I'm as likely to check my Gmail at work as at home, and partly because I don't like the Yahoo notifier. [Dont Know] I'm just weird, I guess.

Anyway, here's the Gmail help center, with answers to many questions you might have.

And, I have 99 invites ...

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Heeyy ... Can I have an invite? [Wave]

My address should be in my profile, but if not, it's the_third_wiseman AT hotmail DOT com. Yes, I'm still using hotmail [Frown] . I'm ready for a change.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I can also send people invites if they'd like, but I'm lazy and probably won't check this thread again. If you send me an email to the address in my profile asking for an invite, I'll send one immediately.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got you all beat. 583 invites left.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I have both gmail and yahoo, and I still prefer gmail. [Razz]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gaal!
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.