FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC's Birthday! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC's Birthday!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We're glad you were born. I wouldn't have met half my friends if you hadn't been. Happy birthday, Mr. Card!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, OSC! You're, what, twenty-nine now?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday OSC! Thank you so much for writing so much, and for hosting Hatrack. It really means a lot to us ratraquenhos.

"For he's a jolly good fellow,
For he's a jolly good fellow,
For he's a jolly good felloooooow,
Which nobody can deny"

I always liked that song.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
We're glad you were born. I wouldn't have met half my friends if you hadn't been. Happy birthday, Mr. Card!

Heck, I wouldn't have met my wife.

Happy birthday!

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
animal friendly version:

Hippo bird deer two ewes
hippo bird deer two ewes,
hippo bird deer, deeeer EWE,
hippo bird deer two ewes

every day on this side of the dirt is a good one. Be sure to celebrate!

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday! May this year bring you great joy!
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday!
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Λαβύρινθος
Member # 8534

- posted      Profile for Λαβύρινθος   Email Λαβύρινθος         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:

Heck, I wouldn't have met my wife.
I wouldn't have met you! Though, on second thought... [Razz]

Your Apprentice

Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan Howard, I presume? I loved the movie about you; you know, the one with Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Λαβύρινθος
Member # 8534

- posted      Profile for Λαβύρινθος   Email Λαβύρινθος         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I loved the movie about you
Never saw it. Check your e-mail.

Happy Birthday to the Ace of Hearts once more.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Bunny , I told you he'd be too embarrassed to admit to sitting alone in front of his computer checking the forums instead of going out on his birthday. Or else, he really is having a grand time celebrating with his family, and not sitting alone in front of his computer. Which is a good thing, no?

(And just in case you DO read this, Happy Birthday, Mr. Card [Big Grin] )

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starr R
Member # 8361

- posted      Profile for Starr R   Email Starr R         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Mr. Card!
Thank you for all the hours of happy reading that you've given us.

May you get something you've always wanted, and something you didn't expect!

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, Mr. Card!
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, happy day! Many more! *smile*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
It's midnight here on the East Coast. I think he missed our birthday thread.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all your kind thoughts, folks.

I'm just happy not to be dead yet.

Meanwhile, as for Israel, I went because I was invited to a convention. I didn't do any signings outside the convention ... I imagine security at such a thing would be a nightmare anyway.

I hope to come back to Israel someday; but as for your recommending my books to others, I had hoped that activity would be its own reward <grin>.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Joyeux anniversaire, Orson !
I hope you'll write more and more story which make me dreams.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Λαβύρινθος
Member # 8534

quote:
I hope to come back to Israel someday; but as for your recommending my books to others, I had hoped that activity would be its own reward <grin>.
Oh, it definitely was. I was trying to bribe you emotionally into visiting us here once more. I was reading your books ever since 2000 or 2001, and I missed you in 2003.

I feel so foolish, but I'll use my mother-developed NUS trick - Nag Until Submission. I apologise in advance. [Razz]

You're not dead, Mr Card, and I personally won't let you die until you write more books than Paradise Lost has words in it. Mind you, I'll give you a call when I'm next (and first) in the States, if I ever get your number.

[/Blahblahblah]

Happy Post Birthday. And speaking of posts, write a landmark, please. [Razz]

[/Stupid, offensive jokes]

JH

[ August 26, 2005, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Λαβύρινθος ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.