FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC's Birthday! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC's Birthday!
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
In ten days - according to my clocKalendar.

I wanted to make sure I initiated the Happy Birthday to OSC Thread, and since there's no guarantee I would've made it on the 24th (by the time I'm functional, most of you in the USA are up) - especially with people here who live far too close to the IDL - I thought I'd make it a little earlier.

Mr Card, I want to wish you a very happy birthday in ten days' advance [Hat] (because God knows what could happen by and/or on the 24th). Better safe then dreadfully apologetic. Call me 'EarlyBird', call me 'The ApogeeMinded Eccentricity', I just wanted to be the first to wish the Ace of Hearts (the Card) a birthday - and the earliest at that! I did make it first, right...?

[Group Hug] [Party]

I decided I'd write this on the bigger forum...

Yours,
JH

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
*Bump...?*

Does nobody care about The Card? Three days left, my time.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Try putting it on the other side. He might notice it then. Either way, Happy Birthday Mr. Card!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I made you this birthday cake. [Frown]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I just made a cake for no particular reason... and I don't cook. Coincidence? I think not.

[Party]

Happy Birthday Mr. Card!

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
A Birthday Card?

OK!

Yom Huledet Sameach
Yom Huledet Sameach
Yom Huledet Sameach
Yom Huledet Sameach

(it means just what you think it does -- Happy Birthday)

And thanks again for giving us such a fun place to play. [Smile]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Ashley:

:pirate:

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
His birthday is on the day I start school. I wonder if he has anything to do with it starting so early now... *suspicious look*
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Just go with the cards you've been dealt.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

If this is his Birthday Thread - at least he'll check it out. No?
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
It's his party and he'll check if he wants to
check if he wants to
check if he wants to!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Dunno, it's a bit Annie Wilkes...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah, if I were Mr. Card, and it was my birthday, I'd be wanting to spend it alone in front of a computer, pathetically hoping that some Hatrack geeks would remember my birthday.

Nah, no way, he's far too cool for that!

(so I probably just guaranteed that if he IS spending his birthday alone in front of the computer, pathetically hoping that some Hatrack geeks are remembering his birthday, he will be too embarrassed to post here and admit it. Sorry.)

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

But... But I started this ten days before! I deliberately did it for him. To show him I remembered all along and on the first chance I had I would post it.

[Cry]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat* Its ok JH, it would be worse if he noticed it and disapproved of you.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

But... But... Why would he do so? Why would he di... dis... di... disap... Oh, I cant even say that dreadful word - why would he you-know-what of me or of my post? It's a Happy-Birthday-Wish!

[Cry] -ing all over again.

Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. Happy Birthday Scott

JH - Yeah, move it to the otehr side. Looks like that's the place he plays.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Jon,

SNAP OUT OF IT!

That is all.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
lol

Early [Party] for Mr. Card!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Only Admins and Mods can move it.
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you know his birthday? Oh, and Happy Birthday.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OlavMah
Member # 756

- posted      Profile for OlavMah   Email OlavMah         Edit/Delete Post 
Just email him and TELL him where it is. (Happy Birthday, Scott.)
Posts: 700 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, it's on the 24th... [Embarrassed] See you tomorrow!
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday today or tomorrow!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday OSC!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
[Gus Gus voice]H-h-h-happy buthday![/Gus Gus voice] Tomorrow.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, august birthdays, OSC! [Wink]

Happy early birthday!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, OSC!!

[Party]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
How does it feel to get one of those calendars that lists famous people born on your birthday...

...and you see yourself listed?

[Big Grin]

Happy Birthday!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthay may you live forever.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Happiest of Birthdays to you!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Annie
Member # 8480

- posted      Profile for Sister Annie   Email Sister Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, Uncle O!

I made you a cake!

Posts: 67 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

She didn't really make it. She just linked to it.

But it is probably just as tasty. [Smile]

Sister Annie
Member # 8480

- posted      Profile for Sister Annie   Email Sister Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I did too!
Posts: 67 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, knowing Annie, she probably has made a cake that looks just like that.

And deep fried it. [Big Grin]

Happy birthday, Scott. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Sister Annie:
I did too!

My apologies, then. Looks lovely. Do you think Mr. Card would share it with the rest of us?
Sister Annie
Member # 8480

That's up to him.
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Uncle Orson! [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday !
[Party]

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Feliz Anniversario, Tio Orson! [Wink]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Happy Birthday, Memsahib Dude Sir!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Λαβύρινθος
Member # 8534

- posted      Profile for Λαβύρινθος   Email Λαβύρινθος         Edit/Delete Post 
Once more, happy birthday, sir. This is the REAL Happy Birthday Thread, initiated by me, and this is just a linking thread. Please note I also helped improve sales of your books in Israel (I told my mother to give advice buying the "Enderverse" books). Since I started this thread and I promoted your sales in Israel, and since you're in a good (?) mood on this day, will you be coming to Israel for another tour?

Please?

Well... Thank you anyway, sir,
Jonathan Howard

Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Feliz Aniversário, OSC!
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday OSC!

[Party]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Mr. Card!!
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, OSC! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
happy birthday.
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Add one more Happy Birthday to the list!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Λαβύρινθος
Member # 8534

- posted      Profile for Λαβύρινθος   Email Λαβύρινθος         Edit/Delete Post 
Why isn't he here or on the other thread? Seems surprising.

Oh, well, only half a day is over, Scottcard time. I'm still biting lips, clutching hands and having tranquilisers injected into me.

Kidding! I just want a Card's acknowledgement of this or the other thread. I wasted 10 days of my life getting a virtual nervous breakdown, and I don't want to be brought into hospital at this rate.

JH

Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.