FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » When was the last time friction made you cry?

Author Topic: When was the last time friction made you cry?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
ouch

(warning -- extremely gruesome picture involving road rash)

Sorry...I need to go to sleep.

[ August 26, 2005, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
ooh, rugburn! [Smile]
Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
yea, rugburn. it's the worst.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Once I sort of nudged the side of a tunnel. On a bike trail. While I was riding through it at highspeed. Took a month for that 'strawberry burn' to heal. Ow.

I mean, to answer your question.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob...Sleep, or to bed? [Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, the subject line made me go [Monkeys]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
(That's why I've been avoiding this thread. That, and Kwea's comments.)
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
blurp ! feel not good after seeing that...
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Not only have I been dobied, but dobied twice, and once by Teh Scopatz. I feel...accomplished.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

yes but taal...

[Monkeys]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
Once I sort of nudged the side of a tunnel. On a bike trail. While I was riding through it at highspeed. Took a month for that 'strawberry burn' to heal. Ow.

I mean, to answer your question.

I did that once as a kid. The suburbs we lived in had trails and such going everywhere, and the trail to my elementary school goes under a hill (so it's a cement tunnel of sorts). One day there were some kids coming towards me (a group of 3 or 4), so I tried hugging the wall. Well I hugged too close and basically dragged my knee across the wall. That left a nice, bloody burn of sorts. Oh well.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
That is almost exactly what happened to me. Except I was biking with my family, and I was not a kid. This was a couple of years ago. I was wearing long sleves, but it didn't help. I still have a scar just below my elbow.

I don't remember if I cried, but I whined about it for weeks. It hurt for a long time.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama, did you feel like all three of them?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I whine about a lot of things. Just ask Fahim. [Smile] Seriously, stuff like that happens, you've earned a whine.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

yes, I did!
Raia
Member # 4700

That's awesome.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I allowed to use the phrase, "relieved this isn't an onanism thread" or is that right reserved for someone else?
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
I rather think it is.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
I tripped on a treadmill once. I was able to grab one of the side rails, but was forced to use one of my legs to support weight while I stepped onto the side with the other. Holding yourself up on your shin on a rapidly moving treadmill isn't exactly comfortable...
I still have a scar on my leg from the burn. [Grumble]

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I did that too!
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Once when I was a kid, I raced down the (empty) street with one foot on the seat of the Big Wheel, propelling myself with the other foot.

I got going too fast, so I decided to slow myself down by putting my knee to the street.

It did slow me down, I'll give me that.

---

By the last time was last week, when my new running shoes gave me a blister. [Frown]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.