FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I guess some guys like getting almost run over (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I guess some guys like getting almost run over
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. His hand was big enough. No belt required.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Verily the Younger:
Pink Floyd is kick-ass classic rock. They're what tough guys listened to in the '70s.

Okay, I really like Pink Floyd. But "tough" is not at all one of the adjectives I would associate with them, their music, or their fans. With the possible exception of those few songs in The Wall where they go all fascist. Not to be confused with facetious, which it seems you may be on this topic. I'd have thought tough guys in the 70s listened to early punk bands, but anyway...
Edit: Further reflection on the 70s: Pink Floyd was tough compared to Disco probably, but what wasn't?

ElJay, Saturday at Matt's is fine. You may want to call me about an hour or so before, just to be sure I'm actually awake. I assume you wouldn't want to schedule other post-lunch activities, hmm?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh - c'mon - you have to be tough to listen to so much depressing, heart-rending, suicidal music . . .

or nuts . . .

is there a difference?

[Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
We haven't set a time yet, and I'm gonna need to make sure you're awake? [Razz] Okay. I was thinking around 1, so I'll call around noon. Post lunch activites, if any, may be negotiated post lunch. But your assumption is probably correct. [Smile] See ya then!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
JenniK loves the BBC version of P&P, to the point of annoying me by watching it constanly. [Wink]

At least it seems like she watches it constantly to me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not to be confused with facetious, which it seems you may be on this topic.
Hey, you win a gold star!
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.