FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nerd? Geek? Dork? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nerd? Geek? Dork?
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
Pure nerd here. I thought I was a geek.

Me too, Liz. But at least I'm a cool nerd. [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I seriously the biggest geek on Hatrack!?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tri-Lamb material"
69 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 78% Dork

You scored higher than 84% on nerdiness

you scored higher than 42% on geekosity

You scored higher than 99% on dork points

I figure thats a bad thing since it's comparing me to 18 year old males...

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Normal
39 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 34% Dork

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
Tri-Lamb Material
92% Nerd, 43% Geek, 56% Dork

A typical 80's nerd...

I also had to "fudge" my age a little.

Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 17% Dork

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacey
Member # 3661

- posted      Profile for stacey           Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Normal
21 % Nerd, 4% Geek, 26% Dork

Posts: 315 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oliver Dale
Member # 8398

- posted      Profile for Oliver Dale   Email Oliver Dale         Edit/Delete Post 
Thief!
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Modern, Cool Nerd
78 % Nerd, 65% Geek, 39% Dork

Sounds good to me, although the quiz I don't think puts enough emphasis on my compulsive library-making habits or my fetish with Latin. Given that a geek has a focused interest on one or more topics, I mean.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ...

quote:
Joe Normal
47 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 43% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pure Nerd
78 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 30% Dork

Somehow, I'm not surprised.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I surprised myself.. O_o

Modern, Cool Nerd
73 % Nerd, 65% Geek, 39% Dork
For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I wonder what the cut-off is between "Modern, Cool" and "Pure." 75%, maybe.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Glory! Ack!

Well, I guess I have the curls.

[Smile]

I'm also a pure nerd.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Pure Nerd
69% Nerd, 26% Geek, 26% Dork

Thought so.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Originally posted by Oliver Dale:
Thief!

Who's a thief, Ollie?
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
Modern, Cool Nerd
73 % Nerd, 78% Geek, 30% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Outcast Genius
65 % Nerd, 60% Geek, 82% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 77% on nerdiness

You scored higher than 88% on geekosity

You scored higher than 99% on dork points

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Pure Nerd
78 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 17% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 82% on nerdiness

You scored higher than 49% on geekosity

You scored higher than 17% on dork points

I think my Geekiness was underrated.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oliver Dale
Member # 8398

- posted      Profile for Oliver Dale   Email Oliver Dale         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ela:
quote:
Thief!

Who's a thief, Ollie?
Taal! He stole this from my blog [Smile]
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
56 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 21% Dork
For The Record:

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Very interesting....

Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ela:
quote:
Thief!

Who's a thief, Ollie?
Taal! He stole this from my blog [Smile]
Haha, I figured it was something like that. [Razz]
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Pure Nerd
52 % Nerd, 47% Geek, 47% Dork

For The Record:

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Pure Nerd
82 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 43% Dork

But in my heart, I know I'm cool.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Normal
26 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 21% Dork

I know what I really am, and these ain't it.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HellooooNurse!
Member # 2297

- posted      Profile for HellooooNurse!           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Pure Nerd
82 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 43% Dork

But in my heart, I know I'm cool.

Of course you are. Nurses are cool. [Cool]
Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Super-lurker or alt?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HellooooNurse!
Member # 2297

- posted      Profile for HellooooNurse!           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Proof that rivka hasn't been around long enough to know everything. [Wink]

[Taunt]

Posts: 22 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*blink*

*laugh*

Whoever said I was? Some days I still feel like a newbie. [Big Grin]

And, Ela, now I remember. [Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Modern, Cool Nerd
73 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 17% Dork

You scored higher than 81% on nerdiness

You scored higher than 73% on geekosity

You scored higher than 16% on dork points

And on the Buffy test I got:

Dawn Summers
63% amorality, 54% passion, 72% spirituality, 63% selflessness

Dawn is a person driven by her love for her friends and her desire to make a difference. Perhaps you are, too. You're willing to do whatever is necessary to do what is right for those you care about, and sometimes this can get you in a little bit of trouble.

Most of all, however, you have a heart of gold.

You scored higher than 54% on morality

You scored higher than 27% on repose

You scored higher than 64% on spirituality

You scored higher than 72% on selflessness

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nurses are cool.
Ain't it the truth?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree with their definitions of the words. Anyway, here's a better test:

The Geek Test

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
Outcast Genius
82 % Nerd, 69% Geek, 56% Dork

I thought for sure I would score higher on the dork-o-meter

[Smile]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.