FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Guess Who blamed the hurricane on Guess What (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Guess Who blamed the hurricane on Guess What
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't want to pollute any of the serious hurricane threads with mentioning this kind of hateful idiocy, but Fred Phelps is (not surprisingly) saying that Katrina was sent as divine punishment for homosexuality.

quote:
It is entirely appropriate that these heathen, God-hating Sodomites should be flooded out of their homes, surrounded by disease, and attacked by their own bloody, lawless fellow citizens. It is entirely appropriate that bodies are floating down the streets of New Orleans, receiving that burial which is appropriate for them, to wit "He shall be buried with burial of an ass" (Jeremiah 22:19).

Let us pray that God will send a more hurricanes to totally devastate the North American continent with more and more category 5 hurricanes!

I don't think I'll post the link to Phelps' site this time, because there really is no warning sufficient enough to describe just how infuriating reading his garbage is. If you really want to see for yourself, I'm sure you can find it.

*sigh*

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, what a surprise. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel soiled just knowing a person that hateful exists.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
That is one seriously disturbed man.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I please, please, please make the black humor jokes here? I know they are horrible and insensitive, but it's how I deal with things. I'll post a warning.

BLACK BUT NOT REALLY FUNNY HUMOR TO FOLLOW:

I've been to New Orleans. Geez, the gumbo wasn't that bad.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
dang I was gonna blame the Hurricane on God as punishment for tolerating Fred Phelps but I decided it was too tasteless.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I KNEW when I say the title that Fred Phelps was blaiming it on homesexuals.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I thought that it would be Muslims saying that we were being punished by God for a variety of things.

Maybe middrifts?

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, it COULD be the Flying Spaghetti Monster punishing New Oreleans for it's lack of Pirates.

Y'arr,

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's Fred Phelps?
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Louis Farrakhan said that God sent Katrina because of US involvement in Iraq.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I knew it, too. Brain supplied the fill-ins correctly.

I have an online friend (a writer I edit for, occassionally) who has the most brilliant descriptor for this man. It's crude so I won't write it out, but is a blend of the eff word and the word for a child born out of wedlock.

Whenever I read about this man, that word goes through my head. Though I wouldn't say it, I find thetought very satisfying.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the Wiki:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

That is one hateful old man. You gotta love him, though, he's like the "bad guys" in pro wrestling. Love to hate him/them.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Louis Farrakhan said that God sent Katrina because of US involvement in Iraq.
Another nutcase.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I guessed right.

I think it was because I just spent two days reading that "Addicted to Hate" article. *shudder* I tried to look at it as an anthropological study that will help me in my writing. But it was still pretty sick.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
See this just shows the efficiency of God. He sends one hurricane. Just one. And in one fell swoop he's punished us for homosexuality, US involvement in Iraq, and putting the toilet paper roll on backwards. All hail The Efficient One!
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Karl, have I told you lately that I love you?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Enigmatic -- I don't know why you even grace him and his perverted ideologies with a thread. He lives for the attention, the best thing we can do it pretend he doesn't exist, and let him reap his own rewards..

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you really think he reads Hatrack? I would think that he is rather too busy.

I had never heard of this guy until there was a thread on Hatrack. Sometimes it's good to point out the lion in the grass.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
Karl, have I told you lately that I love you?

[Big Grin] I love you too!
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, I googled it and I'm sorry I did. He is a sick, sick (ooops, can't say that).
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Karl lmao.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
From wikipedia article:
"By Fred's own admission, he never dated, possessing no interest in members of the opposite sex."

Hmmm. A little self-loathing operating here?

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, as much as this sickens me, there's something on his site I found horrendously hilarious.

On the main page, there's a heading entitled, "Love Crusades". One of the events listed under this heading reads, "Filthy faggot mayor of the sodomite whorehouse masquerading as Duluth, Minn., at their so-called Duluth-Superior GLBTQAI Pride Festival, and the leper colonies calling themselves churches in Duluth - Sept. 3 and 4"

I'd hate to see what they consider a "Hate Crusade"! [Angst]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

Not only is he an idiot, he goes overboard on the adjectives.
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, RobertFKennedyJr blamed it on the Mississippi governor [Big Grin] for being a main player on the CheneyEnergyCommission which advocated ever greater burning of fossil fuels -- and ever increasing greenhouse gas emissions fueling ever-greater hurricanes - over conservation.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The FederalEmergencyManagementAgency is recommending that ya send your money to [Roll Eyes] PatRobertson [Roll Eyes]
whose organization is listed as number two on FEMA's list of charities providing emergency relief [Roll Eyes]

[ September 01, 2005, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
a lady once told me that she thought that the hurricanes were "mother nature" punishing us for being bad to the environment. Evidentally we pissed off mother nature one to many times, so she decided to 'get back' at us.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
See this just shows the efficiency of God. He sends one hurricane. Just one. And in one fell swoop he's punished us for homosexuality, US involvement in Iraq, and putting the toilet paper roll on backwards. All hail The Efficient One!
Good one, KarlEd. Now, let me get some paper towels to mop up this monitor screen.
Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

Make sure your paper towels are hung in the over-the-roll position, or you may be next.
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
Now, let me see. Which way do the towels go?? Dang. I was never good at this sort of thing.
Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The FederalEmergencyManagementAgency is recommending that ya send your money to [Roll Eyes] PatRobertson [Roll Eyes]
whose organization is listed as number two on FEMA's list of charities providing emergency relief [Roll Eyes]

Pat Robertson may be a moron, but the 700 Club organization is responsible for doing much good around the world. IIRC, they are particularly good at helping bring fresh water supplies to 3rd-world countries, a specialization which would greatly help the New Orleans area. So if you want to donate to them, go ahead.

p.s. Fred Phelps is Osama Bin Laden without the legion of suicide bombers. As a Christian, I would like to say his hateful invective definitely does not speak for me.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't God promise not to destroy the world by flood ever again? Seems like if we're going to ascribe hurricanes to God, we're going to have to call God a liar and we should all shake our tiny fists at rainbows!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
What exactly is your issue with that charity being included in the list, aspectre?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
From wikipedia article:
"By Fred's own admission, he never dated, possessing no interest in members of the opposite sex."

Hmmm. A little self-loathing operating here?

I'm not sure how that statement can be true, Glenn, since he has like 13 children -- and the articles for Stauffer Communications (which the lawsuit is over and are now availble on the web) shows him as not only a wife-and-child-beater, but as having a voracious sexual appetite at home as well. (the articles are based on testimony from his now-grown children).

I can imagine him saying the above, however, because the man has a very distorted view of himself.

Again, he is the lowest form of human, and I hate that we give him more publicity and expose more people to his deviant ideas through this forum, which just gets him more web publicity, etc.

Then again, maybe if enough people know, they can eventually shut him down.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't suppose that he had 13 children to make a statement? Like Shrek said, "you don't suppose he's compensating for something?"

I didn't read the whole "addicted to hate" thing, because it was just too long, but I'd be interested to see about the "voracious sexual appetite." Can you point me to it?

I used to think it was weird when people accused homophobes of repressed homosexual urges, but since then I've just heard too many cases where it seems to be valid.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
I live down the road from Bob Jones University. Trust me, Phelps isn't the only one.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Yeah, Pat may be a few beans short of a bushel, but the 700 club organization is very good at this sort of thing, and they ARE legitimate and realiable in that sort of thing. Seriously. All humans can say or do stupid things, but don't lump him in with the Robert Tiltons of the world.

Don't get me started on Bob Jones U. Though I bet a lot of people associated with that place would still hesitate to be linked with Phelps.

Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I once taught a class at Bob Jones U. Scary place. I also camped at Heritage USA once. With my girlfriend. Scarier place.

Ah, the joys of living in South Carolins. [Smile]

Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
I have two lesbian friends who used to go to the art gallery on campus in shorts just to shock people.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I always wonder if he actually knows the definition of sodomy.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred Phelps isn't the only one: http://younglds.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=17

I go to church with some weirdos.

Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

quote:
sod·om·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sd-m)
n.
Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality.

sod·om·y (sd-m)
n.

Anal copulation of one male with another.
Anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.

Cool. Raise your hand if you just realized you really are a sodomite.

*raises hand*

Do I get an ID card, or something? [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I take the fifth.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a club we get to join now?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah, Olivet has sex with animals!
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
And that is why sodomy laws are stupid.

edit: er... not because of Olivet having sex with animals... or... whatever... yea... running away now

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
WHatever you're into, kojabu...

Edit: Bah, your edit makes my post not funny anymore...

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Only justthe one. *growls lasciviously at her Beloved Ron-beast*
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wasn't sure. I thought at first that someone was blaming it on George Bush.
Hm. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/01/opinion/01thu1.html

Not quite blaming him I suppose...

quote:
Complacency will no longer suffice, especially if experts are right in warning that global warming may increase the intensity of future hurricanes. But since this administration won't acknowledge that global warming exists, the chances of leadership seem minimal.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.