FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » She drown Friday night

Author Topic: She drown Friday night
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Go to www.msnbc.com and watch the video titled "She died Friday night." (not the whole thing, just the beginning, unless you like Aaron Neville, then hang out and listen to him sing.) [Frown]

I saw, in another thread, the clip of Shepard Smith and Geraldo Rivera and they pretty much seem to have lost their minds. I mean, I've been there, so I understand where they are coming from, but to others who have never seen that type of thing in person, they just look damned crazy. Or crazed.

Anyway, this particular clip is another guy losing it on national TV, but it's poignant and I feel sorry for the guy he was talking about.

You know, I believe the PTSD rates will be much higher in NO than it was in NY after 9/11. I don't think people realize how bad it's been and is going to be for these people. Man, I feel for them. I'm amazed at how many emergency workers are taking their own lives. Actually, I'm not amazed by that, I'm amazed that they are reporting it.

I'm also amazed that they are talking about how many cops have just up and quit their jobs. This whole thing is so sad.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
True. It is very sad and heartbreaking. I hope and pray the suffering is finally comming to an end at least for immediate aftermath. The effects will be lasting for quite some time I'm afraid.

I'm not enthusiastic to say, as I'm sure all of us are, that we were alive and witnesses to both 9/11, two Iraq Wars, and Hurricane Katrina.

It's something my children will ask me about someday I'm sure.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering how I'll look back on all this, and stories like that, when I have to teach this in 30 years to kids who didn't live through it.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Yahoo headline right now:

Contractors shot in New Orleans

?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050904/ap_on_re_us/katrina_shootings_hk1

quote:
Police shot eight people carrying guns on a New Orleans bridge Sunday, killing five or six of them, a deputy chief said.
I'm not sure what that has to do with contractors. Were the people carrying the guns contractors? Weird.

Not that that has anything to do with the fact that there is going to be lots of folks with PTSD, or how sad that video clip was, but there it is.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
"Police shot and killed at least five people Sunday after gunmen opened fire on a group of contractors traveling across a bridge on their way to make repairs, authorities said."

I thought that seemed pretty clear, except for why the gunmen opened fire, and I bet we'll never know the answer to that.

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
What you don't know is the inital report was 8 contractors were shot by police...it just changed...
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

Her link changed?
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Not the link, the information in the link. When it first went up, the paragraph I quoted was about the only thing in it. There was a second paragraph about the Chief of Police having no details and it was a breaking story. So, the original story had nothing about it being contractors. Sorry.
Theaca
Member # 8325

Oh, ok. I wondered if the story in the link could change but I wasn't sure.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.