FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Greetings to Everyone

Author Topic: Greetings to Everyone
Mai
Member # 8604

- posted      Profile for Mai   Email Mai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the very new person that will wandering around a bit lost so I figured I should be polite and introduce myself.

I go by the name Mai from a role playing character of mine. I currently live in Atlanta. I enjoy reading,gaming and artwork. I've read several OSC books. Ender's Shadow is my favorite.

I was told about this board quite a few times by Billie and since she'd occasionally giggle at something that was said or remark on an interesting thread, my curiosity drug me over here. So maybe I'm hopelessly nosey. Anyway, You can credit or blame her how you see fit.

~Mai

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mai [Wave]

If you fall in love with us now, it can be a Mai/September romance.

OK. Sorry.

I used to live in Atlanta, and I went to Emory U. What do you do there?

Welcome aboard, and have fun,

Your Shvester,

Esther

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Woot, great to see you posting [Big Grin] . Perhaps I should do more of that...

In any case, welcome to hatcrack! And yes, I shamelessly plug this site too [Big Grin] .

*gives the other wenches a nudge*

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! Welcome to Hatrack. [Smile] We have quite a few people in the Atlanta area, so if you end up deciding we're not scary there will probably be a gathering or two around you every year.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 8604

LOL! Hurray for romance! [Wink]

Currently I do very little for monetary gain. I was laid off from Bill Heard Chevrolet where I was an admin, before that I worked at a candle store that went out of business and before that I worked as a technician at Sprint...where I was laid off after three years.

None of the lay offs were personal so I don't dwell on it much, though I do miss the paycheck. My father died last year and my grandfather a year before that. So...we have two houses in Alabama to get fixed up in order to be sold. My mother is kindly footing my up keep at the moment so that I can make frequent trips back and forth.

Mostly I do some work around the house, admittedly less than I should, and work on artwork and forums. There are a few classes I'd like to take at Kennesaw University in the fall.

Emory is a very neat place. I hope you enjoyed your time in Atlanta. [Smile]

~Mai

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There are a few classes I'd like to take at Kennesaw University in the fall.
Oh. I have a brother-in-law who professes there.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mai, I live in Woodstock, I'm also pretty new and don't know the other Hatrackers in the area, but welcome!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 8604

*Waves* I used to live in Acworth [Smile]

That area is growing so fast!

And since you're new, welcome to you too! [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! Who is Billie? Do you know her screen name?

Or is that ladyday?

I am confused... [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Billie=Me

*waves*

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] [Hat] [Wave]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote a story with a character called Mai in it once [Big Grin] .

Welcome!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Mai! [Smile]

And look, you got ladyday to start posting again. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 8604

Woohoo! I'm good for something! Thank you for the warm welcome [Smile]

Yay for Mai's! I thought it was a nice name.

I picked Mai for its meaning for both my character and my screen name. It means "bright" in Japanese which was much better than the last name I went by which was Maewyn or just Mae, which according to various name sites derives from Mary which means "bitterness".

I'm probably not always bright but hopefully I'm bitter far less often.

IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Atlanta, during the summer and Christmas vacation... Well, it still counts.

I'm glad you introduced yourself!

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Mai! And you, too, Uprooted!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Mai. It's good to see you around. [Smile]

I know a little girl named Mai. Except I think she spells it Mye.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Mai! [Wave]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.