FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I have determined who Anakin's father is

Author Topic: I have determined who Anakin's father is
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
It has been convincingly argued here, and many other places, that the orphan Anaki Skywalker was in reality, created by the Palpatine and the Sith using there dark powers.

I disagree.

Not only because this would leave the ending of "Return of the Jedi" the most disfunctional family since your average Greek tragedy, but because I've come up with a much more logical solution.

Follow my reasoning.

Anakin was a self-obsessed, angsty, disgruntled teen who couldn't find a believable piece of dialogue if the universe depended on it. His son, Luke, was a self-obsessed, angsty, disgruntled teen who couldn't find a believable piece of dialogue if the universe depended on it. Both of them were the most powerful users of the Force in their day. I am going to assume that these are genetic traits so all we need to do is find another powerful, angsty, self-obsessed, disgruntled teen who couldn't find a believable piece of dialogue if the universe depended on it.

Who else could that be but....

Wesley Crusher....

Sure, he didn't have use "the Force" exactly, but how else do you explain this kid being able to save the Enterprise, the Federation, and the Universe itself, on a bi-weekly basis?

Sure, he is not from a galaxy far far away, or from a time long, long, ago. But when TNG ended, Wesley had ascended to a higher plane, where time/space/speed were all controlled by thought. It would not have taken much for the Traveler's friend Wesley to cross interdimensional boundries from the Star Trek universe to the Star Wars universe.

You might ask yourself, why would Wesley Crusher have done this? The answer is the not-so-simple time paradox thing that Star Trek loves to play with. If there were no Star Wars, then there would have been no Star Trek Movie. If there were no successful Star Trek Movie, then Star Trek, The Next Generation, would not have been created. If it would not have been created, then the character of Wesley Crusher would not have been created. So in order to insure that Wesley is created, he must insure that Darth Vader--or Anakin Skywalker--is created. So he goes back in time and across a few dimensions, buys himself a slave for the evening (how else would Wesley ever become a father?), and add some Trek-inspired techno-babble in the form of Midochloridians, and tada.

Of course, when Wesley returns thirty years later and meets Darth Vader, he would say, "I am your father, Darth."

At which point Darth Vader would throw his hands up in the air and scream "NNNNOoOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

And this time he'd have a good reason to.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can't argue with that.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I KNEW IT!
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
And hence is the legend born . . . [Big Grin]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, in the original plot for Episode 8, Luke travels back in time and becomes Anakin's father. That's why the Force is so concentrated in their family. It's an endless loop.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away?" Tom busted me on that once.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Pookah but Wesley is from our future, so that is where the extra Long in "Long long time ago" came from.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually, in the original plot for Episode 8, Luke travels back in time and becomes Anakin's father. That's why the Force is so concentrated in their family. It's an endless loop.
That's why they could never make film 8. The royalties for the theme from Deliverance were too high.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Dan Raven

Just beautiful.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it only works because he's in the secret liberal cabal [Grumble]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Have to say I'm mightily impressed.

However, are we completely discounting Anakin's mother's claim that there was no father? Unless Wesley came in the form of incubis, it seems like she'd remember him. [Razz]

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe she just didn't want to admit she'd slept with Wesley Crusher.
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
So you'll believe Mary, but not Shmi Skywalker?
Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
I am Anakin's father
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
DAn, I have one thing to say....

You have WAY too much time on your hands.

Maybe Sasha needs a sister? [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Classic!
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe someone did a sith mind trick on Shmi
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I so want to link this thread on Wil Wheaton's blog.... LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That's hilarious.

And yeah, someone should send Wil a link.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
So Anakin was a Traveler?

If so, they could travel to our galaxy!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to see the DNA tests before I believed that! Besides I had heard rumors about Starbuck!!
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
<-- Hopes that starLisa is joking. Sadly, however, would not be surprised.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.