FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Two Truths and a Lie (a game) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie (a game)
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
jeniwren... I say the snake thing is a lie.
Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go with the first one.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
kq wins...the cable tv one is a lie.

I grew up in Anchorage and lived at the top of a hill. My school was at the top of the adjacent hill. Because it was less than a mile away, I had to walk or cadge rides from friends. The bus didn't stop that close to the school.

And we did keep a snake for a while. His name was Bo.

Showing my age, cable tv didn't become available in our city until I was well into HS and as we lived a bit out in the sticks, it didn't come into our area until I was off on my own and married.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
So, we've got three guesses, one for each. Which is it?

Edit: beat me!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

Okay. My turn:

I taught ground school for aspiring pilots.

I was an extra in the movie "X-men".

I am over a foot shorter than my husband.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.

I'll say the extra one is a lie.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

(and off topic a bit, kq, I had a dream about babysitting Emma the other night. I was watching her and we were having a good time, but she kept surprising me with how smart she is. Though she couldn't *say* everything she had on her mind, she was quite successful in expressing herself. She was about 9 mths old in the dream, and she kept telling me in babytalk the proper way to make a ham sandwich, how to clean the hardwood floor correctly, and where things go in the cabinets. She got very upset when I did things wrong and made me do them again until I got it right. I woke up very amused.)
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That is so her! [ROFL]
jeniwren
Member # 2002

I'm guessing #3 is the lie.
Miriya
Member # 7822

You win kq. I wasn't an extra in X-men... my sister was. (the movie was filmed in the greater Toronto area and the statue of liberty scenes were all shot in the same park I go to with my kids to see fireworks on special occasions)

I did teach ground school and my husband is in fact 16 inches taller than me. [Big Grin]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

Here's another:

My son's father was a world class chess player.

My daughter's father sings opera.

My father went to film school with George Lucas.

GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
The chess one is my guess.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I guess film school.
Miriya
Member # 7822

The chess one I think.
GaalD
Member # 6222

I'm going to try too:

My Grandfather's brother had two wives when he lived in Iran, a Jewish wife and a Muslim wife.

I got a 970 score on my SATs in 7th grade 3 years ago.

I'm 6'2 and 15 years old.

Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

I think the two wives thing is a lie.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think you got a higher score than that, so I'll go with the SATs.
Miriya
Member # 7822

I know nothing about how SATs are scored... I hope my choice isn't insulting [Frown]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That would be a decent score for most 7th graders who hadn't studied for it.

But I think he got higher anyway.

[ September 27, 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

GaalD
Member # 6222

Well...first, I am actually a he, not a she. [Smile] And the false answer is the 6'2 one. I'm really 5'9ish. I got the 970 in 7th grade before I really knew what the SATs were, and I definitely didn't study for it [Embarrassed] [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm sorry! I've thought you were a girl forever. Why didn't you correct me before?
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this game.

I play the bassoon.

I managed a band that had a video on MTV.

There are more animals than people living in my house.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I choose "I love this game". Oh, wait... [Wink]

Hmm, I'll guess the bassoon.

unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Amka, scottneb, and unicornwhisper.

Best fangirl-day ever.

Oh yeah, you just had to bring that up again... [Frown] I didn't go with you guys to the resturaunt (was it Brick Oven Pizza? I forgot) ..I had to leave the Book signing to go to the play I was being a props person for. I was getting a credit for it and couldn't miss any rehearsals or performances.
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me try some of mine...

I was born in Italy, and have full Italian citizenship.

I've ridden in a dogseld on the Iditarod trail.

I have 5 AP classes this year.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I choose the dogsled.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Now me:

A girlfriend proposed to me once. We were engaged but she broke up with me shortly after.

I've been in a good number of firearms battles (as an innocent bystander)

I always use very heavy clothes from december to february.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Too easy, Eduardo. [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo, I'm guessing that the third one is the lie -- I don't believe you about heavy clothes.

I proposed to my husband.

I was introduced to Jackie Mason in the video section of Tower Records.

My coworkers have never seen my left elbow.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Tante, the 2nd is a lie?

Yeah, yeah...
My third is the lie (since I live in Brazil, Dec. to Feb. would be full-blown summer, and I'd be dead if I used heavy clothes)... I wanted to put things people here would have a chance to know. Had I put:

- I was once a boyscout
- I was my State's judo champion, twice.
- I studied classical piano for 7 years.

I't'd be harder...

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Here are mine...

I was the keg pumper for Def Leppard on their Adrenalize tour.

I Interned for the Secret Service

My Mom used to be a chorus girl on Broadway...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

the secret service thing.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo_Sauron:

Tante, the 2nd is a lie?

Excellent! I saw Jackie Mason running down the street in New York, but I was never introduced to him in the video section of Tower Records.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by J T Stryker:
Ok, Here are mine...

I was the keg pumper for Def Leppard on their Adrenalize tour.

I Interned for the Secret Service

My Mom used to be a chorus girl on Broadway...

Keg pumper? I don't think so.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Your both wrong....

My Mother was a Chorus Girl off Broadway...

I was on the pay roll for the Adernalize tour for insurance reasons, and the manager figured out I was just barely strong enough to be of some use... Pumping the keg under the stage.

I Interned for the Secret Service in their Indianapolis office this past summer... I didn't do much other than make copies...

If you want, Breyerchic and Raia can verify those...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
-I have been to 6 different countries

-I was a girl scout for 7 years

-I own a 12in Powerbook G4

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

A girl scout for seven years? Outlandish!
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why...but I'll choose tjis one as the lie:
-I was a girl scout for 7 years

Hmmmm

-I am an Eagle Scout and have been part of 2 troops at the same time since
-I went to University of Michigan
-I have had my picture taken with Ozzy Osbourne

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
University of Michigan?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avin
Member # 7751

- posted      Profile for Avin           Edit/Delete Post 
I love this game, but I hardly get a chance to play with all people who I don't know, so this is perfect.

Mine are:

- Every day of my sophomore year of high school, I slept for at least 16 hours.
- When I returned home from my weeklong honeymoon, I was still a virgin
- Bill Gates invited me over to his house once and served hot dogs for dinner.

My guesses for previously unanswered ones are:

Stan the man: Michigan
Allegra: 6 countries

Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Avin, 16 hours of sleep, every day for you sophomore year? Unbelievable.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Jackie Mason . . .

Two of my brothers are on intimate terms with Jackie Mason's brother.

I have visited Spain, Japan, and the Netherlands.

My grandfather worked on the Manhattan Project.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright for mine: Tsmith and Avin, you are right.

I went to Southern Lakes Skills Center. It is a part of University of Michigan (therefore I got credits from), but I never went to the Flint or Ann Arbor campuses.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
My lie was the one about the animals. I played the bassoon for 5 years in school and I managed a rock band in college. I don't have that many animals.

Guessing Rivka's grandfather didn't work on the Manhattan Project.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

No one got my last one. My daughter's father is tone deaf.

[Smile]

I'm guessing Rivka's travel claims aren't entirely true.

Avin, I'm thinking 16 hours is a pretty long time to sleep.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by jeniwren:
No one got my last one. My daughter's father is tone deaf.

Is that necessarily incompatible with singing opera? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

rivka, probably not, but in his case, absolutely. He does sing worship songs while doing things around the house, and does so very badly. But the worst is when he sings worship songs he made up himself. [Razz]

My dad did go to film school with George Lucas, and went on to use his film degree to make instructional films for the Air Force.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
JT Stryker's mother was a show girl I'm sure (though possibly a bit short) just not on broadway, yes he interned for the secret service, though I don't think he went often, and I thought instead of being a keg pumper he was the one who lit people's joints, that may have been another tour, when he was like 5 or something.

Ok verified.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

jeniwren is correct! While I did travel extensively in my teen years, none of those countries were on the list.

My grandfather was indeed involved in stage 2 of the Manhattan Project.

And Jackie Mason's brother was the mohel (the guy with the knife) at two of my brother's brises. [Big Grin]

Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
I own 7 sofas.
My cat's name is "Meowzilla."
I went to the ladies' room in an Islamic country.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.