FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If God emailed you and said you were Chosen to be his saviour you would...

Author Topic: If God emailed you and said you were Chosen to be his saviour you would...
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I personally would forward it to someone else. Others said they'ld delete it and block the sender [Big Grin] .
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KPhysicsGeek
Member # 8655

- posted      Profile for KPhysicsGeek   Email KPhysicsGeek         Edit/Delete Post 
probably think it was a hoax. (delete, block sender) If I became convinced it was real, I would probably have a mental breakdown.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
I seriously doubt God has me on the email list...
Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I accidently put God on my spam list.

In return he put me on his.

I definately came out the loser on that exchange.

But I'm feeling much better now.

Actually, I believe God has better, more authorative ways of communicating to his chosen one than via e-mail.

There is always Fed-Ex.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Given Fed-Ex's connection to Kinkos, I'm skeptical that he has any alliance there. I think he might use UPS or DHL or something, though.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
After working for a shipping company, I'm convinced when it comes to packages there is nothing safe, sacred, or special about the process.

He would use a personal courier.

EDIT: And can I get an amen to Megan's Kinko's reference.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd reply asking for more details. After all, if he's trying to find another one, he must have realized the last one didn't work out so well.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd ask him.."wow...how many declines did you get before you got to my name on the list?"
Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
*singing* Jesus called me on my cell-phone...

This thread brings back happy memories of Altar Boyz. [Smile]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd probably be tempted to reply something like "No offense, Almighty, but if you really want me to enter into a life-altering course I'd rather see something along the lines of a burning bush than the common tool of ten million spammers."
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
God tried calling me on my cell phone, but he wasn't in my calling plan.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
...really wonder why He needed a savior, being God and all.

-Olivia
"Save Your Own Dang Self"

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Delete it, if he gets past my spam and filters next time, maybe it really is God?
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Is the email domain dot god or dot com? That's how you could tell if it's real or not.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

This thread makes me want to bump the "God, you say" thread.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, that's what I was thinking.

Megan,
God likes it when you bump the "God, you say" thread.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! I first read that as "Bob likes it when you bump the 'God, you say' thread."

*snerfle*

Edit:nested quotes suck, solly.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If God emailed you and said you were Chosen to be his saviour you would...
refuse to give my bank account number.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I was reminded of the Nigerian millionaire scam emails too - with emails from God, I'd probably just archive them. I'd be tempted to reply and try to mess with him, but I don't know if I actually would...just in case.

[ October 04, 2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Nell Gwyn ]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
If God emailed me and said I was Chosen to be his saviour I would explain to him that I'm very sorry but I only help those who help themselves.

What's wrong with Kinkos?

Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

It's eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.
Member # 5108

But why?
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm married to a Kinko's employee. They're really evil. If I somehow got on God's email list, I'd ask Him to e-mail my husband and tell him to get a better job.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I would tell God the good news about my auto insurance.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

Does your good news involve switching something?
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
No, just basically that I finally got some. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

Oh...well...that's good, too, I suppose.
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd tell him to get rid of AOL and then maybe we'd talk.

And when I say get rid of AOL, I don't mean stop using it as his default browser.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
E-mail him that I got the message the other ten or twenty times. Then I would ask him for directions to "Mount Zion" and what kind of shoes to wear.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

I'd think Birkenstocks would be the obvious answer.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I would never have to pay for wine again.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Danzing, make sure you get the bottle of Dom. Romanee Conti 1997 and give me one or two for the holiday season.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
...turn myself in for psychiatric evaluation.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd reply back to ask him where's he's been recently.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
Would being Saviour require forwarding the email to at least ten friends?
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
ask if I'd have to die a painful death involving wood and shiny nails. Then accept.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShadowPuppet
Member # 8239

- posted      Profile for ShadowPuppet   Email ShadowPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
funny thing

cause I just got that email
and um...

yeah you're all sinners
so repent or something

fish and bread loaves
walk on water
something something

and...
oh yeah I really didn't want George Bush to be president

he just keeps saying that

Posts: 83 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Presences
Member # 8492

- posted      Profile for Presences           Edit/Delete Post 
The email to me would end by saying, “I know who you are†and “I know what you are looking forâ€

I would think: "Wow, that is weird...the matrixâ€

and then I would wait for the next email that said “follow the white rabbitâ€.

A few seconds following this email, there will be a knock at my door and...

Posts: 82 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

"Hello. We have a message we'd like to share with you. Have you found Jesus yet?"

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.