FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Warning Cookies

Author Topic: Warning Cookies
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I opened up a fortune cookie that told me:

'Do not reveal your plans to anyone.'

What a very ominous fortune indeed. This fortune cookie is suggesting that people are spying on me, and not to trust my wife or my friends. Surely, this cannot be a good fortune, so I decided to try again.

"Keep your secrets hidden for now."

The cookie has spoken. And as Uncle says, never mock the cookie.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You stole my fortune cookie!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
See what happens when you post your secrets?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
See what happens when you post your secrets?

This happens?

--Enigmatic
(knows that link has been posted before.)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle*
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Last week, my cookie's fortune said "Not all fortune cookies contain fortunes".

We certainly thought that was hysterical.

But my all-time favorite, which I got years ago when I was a kid said simply "Inspected by #43".

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Your cookies remind me of a Monk episode , where the bad guys plot against Monk via fortune cookie messages.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
When Olivet's brother-in-law eats Chinese food with Ben and me, he tends to get strange fortunes. Here are some of them:

“All truth goes through three steps: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Lucky Numbers 9, 37, 12, 44, 5, 16”
And step three is . . . blank? We don't know whether they were trying to be clever and make us think, or if there was supposed to be more and they just messed up.

"The profit for the future is the past."
As written, it seems to mean that the best thing you can get from the future is the past. Which is depressing. I think we've decided that they really meant "prophet".

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I once opened up a fortune cookie when I was at work. It was in NY. The fortune said "f*** you". Someone at the factory must have been cranky. I could not believe it.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
This summer I got one that said:

"You are the crispy noodle in the garden salad of life."

That one had me giggling for days, even though I'm still not sure what it means. [Big Grin]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep reading this thread title as "Wanting Cookies".

To which I enthusiastically reply, "Yes!"

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Father Time
Member # 7985

- posted      Profile for Father Time   Email Father Time         Edit/Delete Post 
This past week my fortune cookie said...
"For your safety, avoid travel in the near future"

My wife's read...

"You are about to inherit a large sum of money."

I leave on an airplane tomorrow [Eek!]

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Let us know if you landed safely. Just in case, though, tell your wife to post for you posthumously to let us know how much she inherited.

I'll be at the edge of my seat.

andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
You do know that you're supposed to add the words "in bed" to the end of all fortunes from the cookies right?
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
A restaurant near me sells (mildly) x-rated fortune cookies. But they don't give them out after dinner.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by andi330:
You do know that you're supposed to add the words "in bed" to the end of all fortunes from the cookies right?

I know. That's why I cracked up when I got a cookie that said: "You will soon have a wonderful experience".
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wanted to put something along the lines of "Help! I'm stuck in a fortune cookie factory!" in a fortune cookie.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

- posted      Profile for Cactus Jack           Edit/Delete Post 
Penn and Teller's excellent "How To Play With Your Food," contains fake fortunes. The prank is that you give them to yourself by swapping them for the real fortune, react to them in such a way as to make your friends curious, then leave them on the table for your friends to read. Among them:

That lump is cancer.
The chef spit in your food.

Posts: 241 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My favorite along these lines was, "You are skilled at entertaining large groups of people."
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.