FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Countdown: Harry Potter 4 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Countdown: Harry Potter 4
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
36 days folks.

I can't wait for this movie for several reasons:

• Ralph Fiennes
  • Some of the 'very best violence' in the whole series.
  • The triwizard tournament
  • The Quidditch world cup
  • Voldemort!! (see point 1)

It looks like it's going to be wonderful. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm already hoping for the remake of the series twenty years from now.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
i havent read a single HP book yet, but i think the story fromt he movies is really great. Finally another reason to look forward to November besides a giant family dinner.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
The last couple movies dissapointed me because it was the nonaction stuff about just being at a magical school which I thought made the books so great.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i havent read a single HP book yet
[Eek!] [Eek!]

How is this possible?!?!?

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
i havent read a single HP book yet

*gasp* Philistine! [No No]

Get thee to Amazon immediately! Look, there's a link right up there.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy moly, I remember at the last movie thinking it would be FOREVER until we get to see this one. I'm SO excited!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I just gave a lecture on heroes so I have been talking about Harry Potter for two days with my students. We are all whining since we will be waiting YEARS for the next book.

The next movie is exciting too but I am curious; did they fire the set hairdresser or something. Everyone has gotten very shaggy in this movie.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
My excitement for the next movie can not be expressed in words..i just hope I'm not thoroughly disapointed like i've been the last three times. (Although the third one was an improvement) i feel the movies do not do justice for the books. As it is for almost every book put on screen I suppose. I'm also excited to see how the increase of violence and terror in this book is put to film because they tend to downplay these things in the movies because of...children? (sigh). I dont really see how they can though. Too much of the story is impacted by what happens in this book.

anyway..I'm still excited to see how this one comes to life [Smile] [Smile] ....

Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Azkaban a lot. The first two left me wanting a lot, I didn't think they were that stellar.

If 4 is more like 3, which it looks like it should be from the trailer, I'll like it.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
The second time I saw Azkaban I liked it, the other two were ok, not amazing, the reason I didn't like the 3rd the first time was I shouldn't have been there, I had mono, and ended up getting 3 hours of sleep before chaperoning a first grade field trip.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
So I have a question, when is the next book coming out and will it be out by the time they need to do the 7th movie? I hope the actors don't grow up too fast... isn't Draco 18 already!! [Eek!]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
According to various and sundry internet rumors, (which I believe were coroborated by Rowling herself at one point though I don't know where I read that) Rowling plans to begin serious writing on the next book early in 2006. This gives her some time off between books to be with her kids. Particularly the new baby. She has had the final chapter of the next book written since before the first was published.

Possible spoiler!!!

As it currently stands, the last word of the final book is "scar."

Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm . . . should the PacNW crew get together to watch on opening night - or somewhere thereabouts?

*grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I remember waiting for the fourth book five years ago. Time sure do fly. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I ignored Harry Potter until well after the fourth book was published, even though all my friends were reading them. I only got hooked when I accidentally stumbled on the first movie on TV and saw Diagon Alley. So it's totally possible to not have read any Harry Potter books yet. Sad, but possible. [Wink]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Still, it's sick and wrong. And it's a poison to the soul.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

35 days. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
*can't wait*

Hi, Cecily! [Wave]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Hi. [Big Grin]
digging_holes
Member # 6237

AIM? *nudge nudge* [Wink]
Narnia
Member # 1071

34 days.

Sorry, I had to leave. [Frown]

romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan- that could work! We were thinking of going to PSC, but that would mean not taking Livvie. So we may just go to the Supermall. We plan to have quite a few people going (I think Matthew wants to invite his best friend, plus Brian, my best friend and her son.....)
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salah
Member # 7294

- posted      Profile for Salah   Email Salah         Edit/Delete Post 
On opening night for The Chamber of Secrets, I was practically the only person not dressed as a Hogwarts student, and most likely the only person to have never read a Harry Potter book.

My friend bought me a copy of the first book, but I just didn't finish it. It's quite possible to take interest in the movies and not care about the books.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

ooohhhh! Let's plan, romany!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, Brtian is going to stay home. I haven't talked to my freind yet but I'm leaning toward someplace like the SuperMall. Is that too far for you? Would someplace in Tacoma work better, or closer to Oly?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
My last day of classes before Thanksgiving break is November 18th. My mom is begging me to skip classes so I will make it home in time to go to the midnight showing with her. I dragged her to the midnight show for movie 3 since I was going to get off work at 10 (i worked at the theatre) and she loved it. She sat in her line reading the books and looking at all the kids dressed up. I'd tried to convince her she'd make an excellent Professor Sprout but she wasn't too happy with that. She's such a Gryffindor. By next movie, I'll have her dressing up, I'm sure.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

My friend(s?) and I are going to dress up for the movie... I hope everyone will take pictures to share if they do the same!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

33 days.
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait. But I'm approaching the movie with a mixture of excitment and fear. This is my favorite book of the series, and I'm terrified they'll muck it up.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QueenBee
Member # 8688

- posted      Profile for QueenBee   Email QueenBee         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Fiennes, too! He should be "good and creepy!"
[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Doesn't seem like it's getting any closer. Anyone have any cool spoilers or pictures to help me with my fix? [Smile]

unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
In one of the trailers you see Harry, Hermione and Ron falling from the sky....
That is not in the book as far as I know and I'm wondering how it is going to be weaved into the plot... the book was long enough! Why add something else?

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Would Tacoma be half-way for you? I can't quite recall how far away you live. Tacoma gives me a half-hour drive.
digging_hoIes
Member # 6963

- posted      Profile for digging_hoIes   Email digging_hoIes         Edit/Delete Post 
Unicorn, which trailer is that? I don't remember noticing anything like that.
Posts: 109 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

romanylass
Member # 6306

South Tacoma would be about halfway. Does that big mall have a big theatre?
Narnia
Member # 1071

30 days!!
Shan
Member # 4550

Good question - I know there's one somewhere close by. I'm heading out of town on business again, shortly. Do you want to google it? Or wait till I get back Saturday, and I do it?
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

quote:
Originally posted by digging_hoIes:
Unicorn, which trailer is that? I don't remember noticing anything like that.

Near the end of this trailer:
http://www.hpana-media.com/images/news/18812/gof-uk-hi.asf

..right after you see Mad Eye Moody throwing a "Change Draco into a Ferret" spell out of his wand. You see Ron Harry and Hermione falling. (almost looks like they are skydiving with the parachute packs and everything)

romanylass
Member # 6306

Here's one:

http://www.fandango.com/TheaterListings.aspx?location=Tacoma,%20WA

dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that, it goes by so quickly.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Hey romany!

I've been to the Lakewood theater, I think - it's pretty nice. Stadium seating, clean . . . Have you been to any of the others?

Are we thinking matinee or evening? I think I'd prefer matinee 'cause I'm afraid of the dark, don't you know (grin) Okay - so really I'm afraid of a cranky, sleepy child - what are your thoughts?

romanylass
Member # 6306

That sounds good to me.
Shan
Member # 4550

Which?
Lakewood? Matinee?

E-mail?

Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the skydiving thing is the portkey (the one they take to the QWC). Its looks like how I've heard it described.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Yeah, I remember thinking that's what it was too.

20 days (or something close to that.) [Smile]

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

*runs around in circles*
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Since students first attend Hogwarts when they turn 11, and each novel/movie is supposed to advance one year in their lives, that means in movie #4, Harry and his classmates should be 14. Unfortunately, all the actors have aged nearly six years. If they keep the same actors, by the time they finally film movie #7, we will have 20-year-olds pretending to be 16-year-olds.

But that's in wizard years, I guess.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

12 days!!! WOOT!!!!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.