FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Countdown: Harry Potter 4 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Countdown: Harry Potter 4
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*claps* I know! I can't wait!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

7 days!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Narnia:
7 days!

Sounds like you're quoting The Ring, not talking about Harry Potter [Razz]
Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
I work at a movie theater, and I may try to get down opening night, even though I don't work that day...I'm going to be gone on a field trip til 7 pm on Thursday and we're doing a midnight show...maybe I can sneak in and watch it (as an employee, of course... [Smile] )
Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhh...gues what! I get to see Harry Potter 3 hours before everyone else! That's right. I'm seeing Harry Potter on the 17th at 9 PM. I went really early this morning and got tickets at the Student Activities desk on campus. I'm so excited! It's going to be awesome. I'll let you all know how it is when I get back. Happy Pottering!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that allowed, to see it three hours early?
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Evidently, SOMEONE is allowing it. [Mad]

Just kidding. I'll deal. I can't see the midnight showing anyway because I have school the next day. I'll have to settle for boring old opening night. [Wink]

etphonehome
Member # 999

- posted      Profile for etphonehome   Email etphonehome         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the midnight showing of Serenity and still showed up to work at 8 am the next day. I would recommend taking a 3-4 hour nap sometime in the afternoon/evening if you need to be alert the next day.
Posts: 45 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
My roommate got a tip-off that there were still tickets for the midnight show even though Fandango listed it as sold out. She flew out the door 15 minutes before the ticket office was closing and bought us all tickets! [Big Grin] I love my roommate.

Woo hoo!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
For the last movie I was able to get tickets for the 12:02 (second show) at six pm the day of, this time I think i'm going to wait till the next day to go.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never had Turkish Delight. What kind of candy is it exactly? And where would I go about finding some to nibble during the show?
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

3 days! (or less if you're going at midnight!)

Turkish delight is something I'd love to have for nibbling during The Chronicles of Narnia. I'd be Edmund all over again! [Big Grin]

BGgurl
Member # 8541

- posted      Profile for BGgurl   Email BGgurl         Edit/Delete Post 
2 days! [Big Grin]
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
I’m not going to be able to see Harry Potter for weeks. I got my boyfriend interested with the first one and we’ve been to see all of the films together (he hasn’t read the books, so I refuse to tell him anything that might happen) but we now live in different places. We’ve got an evening when we are in the same place with time to see it, but it is not until December 9th.

I’ve promised not to go until we can see it together, but it is going to be so hard. [Cry]

Fingers crossed there will be a reasonably timed showing that evening. [Angst]

Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
we will have 20-year-olds pretending to be 16-year-olds.
And how would this be different from any other movie where the stars are supposed to be teenagers?

Also, your math is astoundingly bad. 11 + 6 = 17 not 16. Book 6 made it quite clear that Harry would be turning 17, and coming of age, in the following summer. Ron and Hermione turned 17 in book 6 and will be 18 by the middle of book 7.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Never mind, you're right. [Smile]
BGgurl
Member # 8541

Anyone here crazy enough to go see it at midnight? (I'm not. I was just wondering if anyone else is).
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not, because of transportation issues that late at night here. That and I have class at 9.05 in the morning and I enjoy sleep. I am going on Friday though.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I am going over Thanksgiving when my fiance is in town. I am really excited but it will drive me crazy when everyone else is going without me.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I was crazy enough last time. It was midnight, the night before my friend's birthday, luckily it wasn't an R rated movie (he turned 17 that day). The next day was one of my most miserable of high school, I cried and was sick, and all sorts of other stuff. This time I'm going at 3:40pm Friday with my mom. It will be so calming.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to see Harry Potter in 15 hours! Yahoo!!! I can't wait!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lildipper101
Member # 8860

- posted      Profile for lildipper101           Edit/Delete Post 
I want more than anything to go midnight but our theatres not doing a midnight premier, so I'm stuck with Friday. Can't wait though!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 7 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BGgurl
Member # 8541

It's here! [Party]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.