FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Time for some fluff! Weekend plans anyone? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Time for some fluff! Weekend plans anyone?
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris and I are taking off work tomorrow and heading down to DC to play. We're staying with a friend for the weekend. Saturday we're all taking a bus trip to NYC for the day. Sunday will be a nice brunch and a leisurely return to PA. I've been looking forward to this for weeks!
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Have fun Karl, it sounds like a blast!

I will spend my weekend crashed and recovering from this week. [Big Grin] I've been looking forward to it since Monday.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch DVDs. Color my hair. Possibly go on the CTA's "Haunted L" trip. Play DDR Extreme 2. Watch yet more DVDs.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly putting up plywood depending on which way Wilma heads.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
My new front bumper is being installed on my RX-7 so I will probably be driving it all day saturday, then cleaning it all day sunday [Smile]
I might go see Serenity for th 3rd time if it is still playing...
Oh and watching Batman Begins on DVD, I'm just such a fanboy geek

Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Heading to the rennaissance festival during the day Saturday. Then going to see Lewis Black at UMBC, with a friend of mine opening for him.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Repair some craters that my new tenant's friends put into a wall when they were moving her furniture up a narrow flight of stairs, and then paint the wall. Wheee!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Go home for Orthodontist Appointment. [Roll Eyes]
2. See family [Smile] .
3. Study for history midterm [Frown] .
4. See family [Big Grin] !.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
What color xnera?

I'm going to an a capella concert and a CD release show for my friend's band on Friday. Sunday I'm going to see Tosca in Syracuse with CIAO (Cornell Italian American Organization). Also, Halloween costume shopping. Should be a good weekend. [Smile]

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Eeek! ~~~zgator~~~
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have my hands full all weekend.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Road trip to OU to visit some friends. We're going to the OU/Baylor game on Saturday. It should be fairly interesting.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday I'm going to the Covered Bridge festival with my mom and 4 retired 50 something friends of hers, who all can be quite exciting from time to time (and I've babysat all their grandchildren, that's what you get for being the baby of your mom's friends).

Saturday hopefully I'll finish writing a paper, and maybe sunday relax.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Meeting my soon-to-be-ex-husband to sort out the last of our belongings and get the divorce papers notarized [Frown] After that, whatever I feel like doing to cheer myself up from that, don't know yet.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Raking leaves! Carving pumpkins? Something fallish.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Alumni weekend at college. My soph. year roommate is getting married this year. I'm having a pic of him in a wedding dress blown up to glossy poster size at Kinko's as I type...ah, sweet humiliation.

Hopefully, drunkeness and gambling will ensure.

hopefully not in that order.

Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KPhysicsGeek
Member # 8655

- posted      Profile for KPhysicsGeek   Email KPhysicsGeek         Edit/Delete Post 
My in-laws are coming this weekend. No, don't worry, I get along with them wonderfully (much better than my own parrents actually). Spending time walking and taking in fall in St. Louis, and they get to meet our Dog for the first time.
Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Stray, that's a bummer. I hope you can get together with friends who can cheer you up.

I'm hoping we'll get to go buy a car this weekend. My '94 Town and Country is giving warning signals that it's needing to be replaced. Works okay now, and we keep up the maintenance, but I just don't feel as confident in it as I used to. So we've tried out every minivan out there in the past couple of weeks, I think, and I want to get another T&C. My SiL works for a Chrysler dealer, so hopefully we'll be able to find the one we want this weekend. [Smile]

Then we have a potluck with our new church, which should be fun.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm going to have my hands full all weekend. - Onanism Thread
That has got to be a Papa Moose alias....
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to see the film Stay ( which I expect to be weird and beautiful), go to mass, and sing in pubs. Also laundry. Woohoo.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My great-aunt is going to be in town; we're stopping by my aunt's in Pasadena for a little visit. Hopefully they'll feed us and I won't have to cook that night. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I get to go to a pumpkin patch.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Watching the weather reports very, very carefully...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone wants to hear me read the end of Kohelet (that book with "vanity of vanities"), please come to the ICCY on Emek Rephaim, Jerusalem, this Saturday.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to get a bread machine. Well, it's exciting to me, anyway. [Big Grin]
Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

(((Stray)))
(((Floridians)))

Hang in there you guys.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What color xnera?
L'Oreal's Colorpulse "Lively Auburn". You can see the color at http://www.colorpulse.com (warning: pop-up heavy site). I've previously used the Hot Mahogany, and really liked it. It's very easy to do. Only supposed to last 8-10 shampoos, but it's been two months and I still have a hint left from the previous coloring.

I thought I'd try a slightly redder color this time. I'd love to go really red. I also think it would be fun to try the Electric Black sometime. I have an application of it at home, but I don't quite have the nerve to do it now, so Lively Auburn it is. [Smile]

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Oooh! Post pictures. [Smile]
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Hair-dyeing is always fun! I need to do that this weekend pretty badly, as well.

I also really want to see Stay, if I can find someone to go with me. The guy I was seeing kicked me out of his apartment yesterday, so I guess that means no plans with him anymore. [Cool]

I also want to manage to do laundry, sleep some more, and go shopping for books, dvds, cds, and sweater-type-things.

And I need to get my car out of Park Ridge!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going home. I'm going to do some college recruiting at my brother's high school on Monday, but this is all an excuse to take a three day weekend. I really really need a holiday.

So I'm gonna watch Serenity, maybe see Stay if I have time. I'm gonna swim and sunbathe and eat some home-cooked meals. Then maybe I'll drive around and check out the Katrina cleanup.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap! Stay comes out this weekend? [Frown]

I'm having a costumebirthday party for my son, Liam, who, it seems, is exceedingly popular with his peers. After that, a cook out with grown ups at the same location.

There should be pumpkins. Oh, and I need new fangs! My old ones have faded and no longer match my pearly whites. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
This weekend? Sadly, I'll be working.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Hmmm. It looks like I'm going to a costumebirthday party on Saturday. . . how coincidental. [Wink]

Also, I might go to Rocky Horror tonight, if I get some fishnets and Ben doesn't talk me out of going.

I promise to not wear the same costume to Rocky Horror and to Liam's party.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
This weekend has been sacrificed to a project due next week. Though I'll be taking a nice break Sat. for a Halloween/going-away party [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
Watching the weather reports very, very carefully...

What Chris said...
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to all the Floridians!

And Stray, I recommend application of chocolate. *hug*

I am planning to see Ushpizin with my dad, brother, and SIL tomorrow night. On Sunday there is a definite possibility that I will stop procrastinating and work on putting together furniture. [Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeping. I haven't gotten more than 5 hours of sleep during any night this entire week, so I'm excited about catching up. Also, I think another showing of serenity is in order. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
pH - I am going to see Stay here in Evanston at 7:35. Would love to have company. Easy to get to from the el.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to be very happily welcoming my husband back home. He was in Florida on business this week and I'll be glad when he's home, thankfully ahead of Hurricane Wilma.

Once that's done we may head out to the farm to pick some pumpkins with the kids.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see, I'll be mowing the lawn, changing the oil in my car, taking my kids to soccer games, cleaning the air filters, dusting and vacuuming the house, and preparing and teaching a Sunday School lesson.

Sounds like a fun weekend.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Xnera, I think I used Lively Auburn once, I know I used Iced Coffee when I didn't want to go red, and needed to get rid of my blonde highlights for State Fair, and I have used another of their colors.

I look good as a redhead, but I want to try black at some point, I'm just worried what it might do to my hair after the 10 washes before it grows out. The picture in my LJ (and foobonic) is probably around the time of Iced Coffee, but almost grown out.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
My weekend plans:

Write lab report
Write paper about a painting
create a visual argument
write an essay about the visual argument
study for chemistry exam
figure out what's going on in calculus

No football game for me...I have too many big assignments due Monday. [Frown]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Almost anything is fine, Ophelia. I'm turning the inside of my mouth purple and wearing fangs... I may wait until the grown up portion of the party for the fangs, actually, but you get the idea.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I'm curious whether ophelia (and ben?) are going to the kids portion or the grown up portion?
Olivet
Member # 1104

Both, I think. Ben is hopefully going to be master of the kiddie Halloween music. Both of them came to both portions last year.

The only real difference is there will be more real food and fewer children after Liam's birthday party is over. I mean, my kids will still be there, and the kids of the other couples comeing to the cook out. I just hope it doesn't get too cold...

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I was so hoping to have Ben running around like a 4 year old screaming "That is All!" but oh well, some are different in real life.
Ophelia
Member # 653

We made a "Birthoween" CD tonight. When I say "we," I mean mostly Ben, but I had some input (I got to say things like "No, kids would not like that song at all. They would think it's boring (or scary, or whatever).")
Ophelia
Member # 653

And Ben does sometimes run around like a four-year-old. Although I don't think he's ever screamed "That is all" . . .
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be meeting Fahim's parents today. If so, I'm hoping I don't get screamed at. [Eek!]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike and I are cooking for celia60 and Bill most of Saturday afternoon, and if it turns out well, having them over for dinner in the evening. Actually, the having them over is pretty definate, the dinner part is a little trickier.

On Sunday I am either driving down to a state park to go hiking, or writing a paper on Same Sex Marriage for my Human Sexuality class (Hatrack's Same sex marriage obsession couldn't have come at a better time for me).

I'm wavering between going and not going to church on Sunday morning. I really want to experience going to church and being a part of a community for an hour; but I feel it's sort of immoral for me to do so as I'm not Christian and have no intention of returning to that portion of my life. Most likely, I will waver for too long, and not go by default.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.