FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Time for some fluff! Weekend plans anyone? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Time for some fluff! Weekend plans anyone?
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Work. [Grumble]
And maybe put the plywood up. sigh.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
kmbboots, I didn't see your response until it was too late! And one of my friends dragged me all around downtown until 7:30 anyway.

How was the movie?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
pH,

Stay was stunningly beautiful and very moving. I had read the script, so I knew what was going on and could just concentrate on looking at it rather than trying to figure out what was going on. You should absolutely see it.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*whine* I wanna see this movie, but I spent all my cash on the wee one's birthday party. *sigh*
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, kmbboots. I saw Stay. I thought it was very artistically directed and well acted. It was engaging and many of the visual metaphors were beautiful and moving. But what the @#%$ did it mean? Feel free to put a spoiler warning on your reply. All I know is it had me interested and eager for everything to come together, but it never really did.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!

OK, so I get what actually happened, but where did Ewan MacGregor's character come in? I understood it as the whole movie actually representing the last few seconds of life in the head of the kid. If this is true, I hated that Ewan was the POV character for most of the story. He absolutely should not have been since this story was not his at all, really.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

I'm glad you liked the visuals.

I think the director was playing with the boundaries of reality. Haven't you ever had a dream where "you" as "you" weren't the main character?

[ October 25, 2005, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: kmbboots ]

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not really. But I know where you're coming from with the question. There really was a lot to like about the film, though. I just wish it came together at the end better. As it was, for me, that was a fatal flaw. [Frown]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

I tend to remember my dreams and I have dreams where I am someone else not infrequently.

I may have had an advantage, knowing where things were leading. I could see the clues. And even knowing, I still cared about the characters and "hoped" for a happy ending. And it really was beautiful.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.