FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear Me

Author Topic: Dear Me
Lynx
Member # 8760

- posted      Profile for Lynx   Email Lynx         Edit/Delete Post 
How about this for an idea, a take off of the Dear You thread. Write a letter to yourself. Anyone interested? [Evil]
Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
A dobie on her(?) fourth post. How precocious! [Wink]

Welcome to Hatrack, Lynx. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynx
Member # 8760

Hehe, thanks for the welcome and yes, I'm a her.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

Stop wasting time on Hatrack! Go do your Biol. reading.

Hastily yours,
Princess Leah

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

Shouldn't you be working while you're at work?

As always,
--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

I know you're scared, but go take the Tums. Really, they helped before, I bet they will again.

Then clean out that cast-iron skillet.

Now.

-kq

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

The errands are highly unlikely to do themselves, you know. Git!

Love,
Me

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny how most of these are self-deprecating "Get off this forum" letters. [Smile]

Dear me,

It is your job you know. You need to stay for the WHOLE day, even if you just want to take a nap.

- Cecily

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

Unless you want to continue to eat out of your bare hands over the sink -- wash the dishes!

And unless you want to go to work in a pair of cutoff shorts next week -- wash your clothes!

And unless you want to buy a GPS to find your way to the mailbox -- cut the grass!

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[ROFL] That last one is a hoot!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Letter the First:

Dear Me,

Hello, me! Its not nice to talk to you again. What is the weather like in your area? Its raining here. Which is why I'm on Hatrack and not outside. Its also cold. And will be cold when I march for band later this afternoon. And I could really go for some pizza. And I think I'll watch some of my new favorite movie BASEketball . Doesn't that sound like fun?

Sincerely,
ME

Letter the Second (A reply):

Dear Me,

I wish you would stop copying off of me. If you keep it up I'll cut of your fingers and eat them for breakfast tomorrow morning. So stop it!

Sincerely,
Me

Letter the Third( A reply to a reply)

Dear Me,

You already cut off my fingers and ate them. Just thought I'd let you know.

Sincerely,
Me

(I'm probably the most twisted person I know, which is saying a lot because I know a lot of twisted people.)

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

Thank you for taking the Tums. Don't you feel better now?

I still see a dirty cast-iron skillet, though.

-kq

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

Why can't you just see what Brian sees? Can't you see you're hurting him by not believing in yourself?

No love for you,
Steph

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me

Stop being so afraid of the dentists. You need to be checked and make sure you don't have cavities.... Sure, your teeth hurt and doubt you don't have any, but get them checked before it leads to a stinkin root canal. You haven't experienced one but I'm sure you don't want too..
Also don't worry if you have to change dentists again... I'm sure your insurance wouldn't mind.....?
Sincerely
Me

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

You really need a haircut. That cowlick thing looks like a bundle of sprouts on your head. Also, ahem, vaccuuming. Sorry to nag and all that. But, EEW. Have you actually LOOKED under your bed lately? At least tie a feather duster to the cat (the cat who HIT ENTER WITH HIS PAW BEFORE THIS WAS FINISHED) and toss a catnip mouse under there.

Love,
Me

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,
They know. You've got maybe 4 hours to get out. Forget the fish. It's not going to help you now. Meet me at El Hotel del Pingüino Borracho, Room 436. If you're not there by 10 tomorrow, I'll know you're already dead. I love you man.

Now move, damnit! And for God's sake, don't forget your chamois cloth.

Me

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

MrSquicky is very funny.

-Me

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

You're 17 years old talking to a 16 year old, there's no reason to plan out your funeral today. And you better hope these people don't think you're like suicidal, but that you wish they understand you're just curious about the future, even after you're gone.

Get you're butt out of the chair, step away from the keyboard, and get a life.

Sincerely always, yourself.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,
Say "hi" to everyone!
Me

Dear me, (reply)
Hrm.
Me

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

Go to bed! You got four hours of sleep last night, and you're exhausted. Stop looking at the same websites for the fifth time and get some sleep. You deserve it.

Love,

Me

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me:

GO TO BED! Right now! You were supposed to be in bed before midnight (Central time). You have too much to do in the morning. Now, off to bed. [Mad] [No No]

Me

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

Where is your motivation?? You are paying for this education - don't squander it! And stop procrastinating all the time!!

Now go to bed, and you are NOT allowed to sleep till noon! [No No] (Or sleep through the alarm!)

Love,
Yours Truly

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Evie-
quote:
Dear Me,

Go to bed! You got four hours of sleep last night, and you're exhausted. Stop looking at the same websites for the fifth time and get some sleep. You deserve it.

Love,

Me

That's EXACTLY what I was going to write but you already did!
so:

Dear me,
What she said.
-me

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

I know it's hard to accept, but you need to leave. Stop hanging on, and leave. Clean break.

See those other people? And that other place? You can learn a lot from them. There's nothing left to learn with these people, and from this place.

Stop hanging on.

-- Troy

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Domasai
Member # 8739

- posted      Profile for Domasai   Email Domasai         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

Have you ever caught your own eye while passing by the mirror in the bathroom? Yeah. Me too.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

If you don't want to miss the Friends of the Library Sale, get off the computer.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

You're addicted to the game. Face up to it. You don't have to delete it, but quit lying to yourself about it.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

Go read your homework.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Dear Me,

I wonder what game it is that Megan's addicted to. Do you know?

Love, Me

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
[aside: Guild Wars. Darn hubby sucking me into the seductive, devil world of MMORPGs.]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

Take a shower and clean your room. You live in a disaster zone.

Go practice today. Feeling frustrated with your self is not an excuse to stop working.

Work out!!!!! and stop eating so much unhealthy food. If you take better care of your body you will not get sick so much and will feel better.

Make sure you get your work done _before_ you go have fun.

Sincerely yours,

Allegra

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me:

GET TO WORK! You know you should have gotten more sleep, and you know you should have written that article several days ago. So get off the computer and go to work. [Mad]

Me [No No]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Me,

We need to have a talk. You need to stop being so disarmingly handsome: it's causing all sorts of problems for you. Did you think those women really gave you their phone numbers so you could help "design them a webpage"? Perhaps - if by "design them a webpage," they meant "make babies."

While you're at it, lose the modesty. And the sense of humor.

And stop working so hard, take a break and post on Hatrack from time to time!

See you tonight,
-You.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,

Heavens to Betsey! Oh my stars and garters! Goodness gracious!

Dear me!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me,
Don't be so angry.
Me

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Dear me,

Thank you for finally cleaning that skillet. It really would have been easier if you'd done it right away, you know. You wouldn't have had to re-season it.

I know you're tired, but doesn't your family deserve better for dinner? Really, you need to get on the ball with this. Sheesh.

-kq

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
kq,

Was that the skillet you used for the loose meat sandwiches for last night's dinner? [Big Grin]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynx
Member # 8760

Dear Me,
What are you waiting for? There is never going to be some magical day that will make you change your life! If you want to lose weight, which you REALLY need to do, you just have to start working out and stop eating so much candy and junk. You have to make that choice. If you really want to quit smoking then quit! And for the love of Pete, GO TO THE DOCTOR! You are never going to have a baby if you don't! Stop waiting for these things to happen and MAKE them happen. You are the only one in charge of your life, take responsibility and make good things happen... NOW!!!
Love,
Me

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Tante, yes.

But last night we had mac and cheese from a box and pork and beans from a can cooked with frozen veggies. No one minded but me, of course.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.