FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In search of 'The Fic that Must not be Named'

Author Topic: In search of 'The Fic that Must not be Named'
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right. A while back there was a very amusing Harry Potter fanfiction mocking all fanfiction which was purportedly born in severe sleep deprivation. Alas, one day it just disappeared from the place we'd bookmarked it at. I was wondering if anybody here had an inkling as to where it may have gone, or saved it to their computer, or if anyone else here even read it.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Rings no bell, but I hope you'll find it. [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Barry Trotter?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's one called "The fic that must not be named." Is this what you want? http://www.riddikulus.org/authors/hyphen/Named.html
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*skims* alas, no. The one I'm looking for starts out with Voldemort sitting in his chair, and Sauron coming in looking for his ring along with some other random things. It also includes a musical chapter and a 'Top 10 Ways to Annoy Voldemort' list.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

*bumps* any other folks who may be able to enlighten me?
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, never heard of it. If you find it, let me know though. Sounds amusing.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, never mind, not the one I was thinking of. Though it sounds fun.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I found it.

Bow before my Google-fu.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

*dances with much joy and mirth!*

*tacklehug!!!*

thank-youthank-youthank-you!!!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, easy! I'm pregnant!

*disengages*

You're welcome. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Best fanfic ever.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I would like to point out that it has neither a musical chapter nor a top ten list.
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

It does have the musical chapter, although the top ten list isn't there. In the light of things, I think I'll live, though.

First line of the musical chapter:

quote:
Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat at their table, quietly eating their breakfast. Everything was normal. But not really. It was a shock to Harry when Draco Malfoy jumped up on the Slytherin table and did a small pelvic thrust as music began playing.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, that. I thought you meant singing the story.
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
That fic is nowhere near as funny as the one where Harry is constantly angry and shouting and Draco is trying to get with Ginny.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

You mean A Lot to be Upset About?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That is SO FUNNY!

"Well, he's got a lot to be upset about!" [ROFL]

Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
'"Yeah, great," said Draco. "Tell her I want to talk to her about this weekend. Tell her to pop by the dungeons after dinner. The password's 'Blutsauger.'"

Harry looked interested for a moment. "With or without the umlaut?"'

Hehehehehe.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the funniest/awful things I've read in a while.

My favorite would have to be: "My intentions were honourable! Pay no attention to my pants!"

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.