FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The New Ctrl V thread (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The New Ctrl V thread
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Chreese Sroup

I loved that show!

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.xmission.com/~steev/kitty_gallery/steev/stair3.jpg
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/img/movie_bg.jpg
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.srilanka.laurieashton.com/arc20051225.htm#BlogID1782
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
And I fight against the Viser wind the moon That makes me that fear I have gaps

haha, I google translated back into English something I wrote in French, just to see what it came out with. Pretty funny actually... that's just part of it.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine; 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him,
And makes me poor indeed.

-- Othello, the Moor of Venice, act 3, scene 3

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
So does the fact that they want us to think it's Walt mean it's not? Or it's so obvious that it's not so they're trying to make us think they're trying to make us think it's Walt so we'll think it's not but it is?
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
Order and disorder in early modern
Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
alr25
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HectorVictor
Member # 9003

- posted      Profile for HectorVictor   Email HectorVictor         Edit/Delete Post 
just to get it straight, I have 6 inf.,, 2 art 1 aa, 1 tank and 2 fighters, and u have 2 inf (regular)
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
...The horror [of her rampage] was less
by as much as a maiden's strength,
a woman's warfare, is less than an armed man's
when a bloodstained blade, its edges strong,
hammer-forged sword, slices through
the boar-image on a helmet opposite.

[Beowulf, 1282b-1287]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 

It's a USPS number for a book I ordered. Unfortunately the status on it hasn't changed from "electronic shipping information received" in over a week I believe.

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
code:
<li id="archives"><?php _e('Archives:'); ?>    

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

http://www.innespace.com/
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
*bumpity*

At once as far as Angels kenn he views
The dismal Situation waste and wilde,
A Dungeon horrible, on all sides round
As one great Furnace flam'd, yet from those flames
No light, but rather darkness visible
Serv'd only to discover sights of woe,
Regions of sorrow, doleful shades, where peace
And rest can never dwell, hope never comes
That comes to all; but torture without end
Still urges, and a fiery Deluge, fed
With ever-burning Sulphur unconsum'd:...

10 points to the first one who ID's those lines.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Place the butter in a large bowl and cream at high speed until
fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 4
minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, one
at a time, until completely mixed.

2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the
butter mixture at low speed until just combined and add vanilla
extract. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl down, until blended. Do
not overmix.

3. Add chocolate chunks and mix till thoroughly combined. Refrigerate
batter until cold, preferably overnight.

4. Preheat a conventional oven to 350 degrees or a convection oven to
300 degrees, and line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop
heaping spoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets
and bake, turning tray once, until golden brown around edges and soft
(but not bubbly), about 9 minutes in a convection oven or 12 in a
conventional one. Cool on a wire rack.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I was printing my OSC book list,

quote:
Mark Steyn, America Alone: The End of the World As We Know It.

The Trouble with Physics: The Rise of String Theory, the Fall of a Science, and What Comes Next,

Literature Lost: Social Agendas and the Corruption of the Humanities

Brainiac: Adventures in the Curious, Competitive, Compulsive World of Trivia Buffs

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure as the sunrise it doesn't matter the shape of the hat
It all fits together in a family picture
And every wall's got room for that

Every piece is a part of the whole
No one piece more important than the rest
So stand up, take a number
Every piece here's got someplace to go
It's a round ball
And there is love

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

Http://www.planetquake.com/dubbilan
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
*bumpity*

At once as far as Angels kenn he views
The dismal Situation waste and wilde,
A Dungeon horrible, on all sides round
As one great Furnace flam'd, yet from those flames
No light, but rather darkness visible
Serv'd only to discover sights of woe,
Regions of sorrow, doleful shades, where peace
And rest can never dwell, hope never comes
That comes to all; but torture without end
Still urges, and a fiery Deluge, fed
With ever-burning Sulphur unconsum'd:...

10 points to the first one who ID's those lines.

Paradise lost?

oh and ctrl-v
Boomerang: When you launch it, it returns to you. You stun enemies upon hitting
them, and may draw Hearts, Force Gems, and rarely other characters towards you
as in the second boss battle. The Upgraded Boomerang goes farther and faster.
If you hold the A Button it will hover.

Bow: With this weapon, you may use an unlimited arsenal of arrows. Holding the
A Button releases a faster arrow farther. The Upgrade fires faster.

Carrot: Allows you to ride Epona, the horse in Lon Lon Ranch. You cannot take
damage when on Epona and if you collide with enemies, gems will scatter about.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Flaming Toad on a Stick wins it!
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
http://tinyurl.com/yl2ltq
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Or a Family Reunion !!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taymaru
Member # 10007

- posted      Profile for Taymaru   Email Taymaru         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.conquestdt.com/

The website for my World of Warcraft guild.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
[quote="Ellendar"]I often hear of atheists complaining about Christian evangelists coming up to them and force feeding their beliefs down the throats of their unwilling listeners. However is it any different for an atheist to come to a group of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu, flying spaghetti monster worshipers, and do exactly the same thing? It is extremely hypocritical for an atheist to do the exact same thing they complain about. However I also can not stand Christians who practice that habit either. Live and show by example, whatever example you wish to promote.[/quote]
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
"Der Leiermann"

Explanation: Last song in the Schubert Winterreise song cycle.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
http://joeicarus.com/images/sadkittens.jpg

-o-

I used to really like control-V threads, but lately it seems that anything I have in the clipboard is related to either Hatrack or one of the other forums. So now this thread just makes me feel lame.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Aebleskivers
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
http://foxtrot.com/
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I claim you can't adaquately understand the world of today without understanding European history. Europe and the US is entangled with every other continent and society in a way no other places are.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
http://community.livejournal.com/mock_the_stupid/2639259.html
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Long live Saturn!
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
2005-01-26 07:44:06.687
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
Wild Cherry -

(haha.. organizing my iTunes library)

Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

http://community.livejournal.com/ftm/3742801.html
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Naevolus
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My King will first and foremost require of me an account of those he has placed directly in my care. As I prove myself a good steward with those few, I expect He will expand my understanding of family, and my capacity to love and sacrifice, and place into my life many that I don't now consider family.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I must be overly secretive. I've never yet pasted anything into this box that made me want to hit "Add Reply." In fact, I probably shouldn't do it now since I did not Ctrl V this text!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

How dare you?! I had it too! [Evil] [Evil]

I challenge thee to a duel :yojimbo:

Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Fischer-Myagmarsuren

Any departure from absolute regimentation may cause trouble. Any variation from the majority's opinion may inspire fear. Any word spoken in class, in the lunchroom or on the campus, that deviates from the view of another person, may start an argument or cause a disturbance. But our Constitution says we must take this risk ... and our history says it is this sort of hazardous freedom-this kind of openness-that is the basis of our National strength and of the independence and vigor of Americans who grow up and live in this relatively permissive, often disputatious society.
-Justice Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines, 1969

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

http://parked.com/contact/
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I must have drifted off to sleep with her, because I was awoken by a very Restless Barbara tossing and kicking and throwing the blankets off the bed. She was flushed and sweating.

"It's OK, honey. You're OK," I reassured her.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

http://media.xbox360.gamespy.com/media/839/839087/vid_1753735.html
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

some people just dont have the talent of being a cheese wiz
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
is chock full of insecurities
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogun_Assassin
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilong_paradoxus
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.