FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Harry Potter and the Dark Mark

Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Dark Mark
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
woot http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_harry_potter_goblet_clip
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so no terribly uncreative name has been announced for the seventh book?
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Nope. Would be a bit presumptuous for me to post outside of the thread.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, the dark mark is fancier than I pictured!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the dark mark in a preview already... [Razz]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Who is the guy who cast the dark mark? I don't remember the book saying. Also wouldn't he have been masked?
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure it was Barty Crouch, Jr, but in the book he would've been under an invisibility cloak. I was wondering why the movie shows his face at that point - wouldn't that kind of spoil the ending a little?
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Barty Crouch Jr. too, but he's supposed to be under the invisibility cloak, and he's supposed to be in the woods, if I remember it correctly. Why they would show his face so early in the movie is beyond me. It kind of gives away the ending, don't you think?
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless perhaps that clip with his face isn't shown at the time it happened, and it's really part of the flashback at the end when Barty Jr's explaining what he did? I'm hoping, anyway.
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I believe that in recent reviews of the film, the evil doer of the story is revealed well ahead of time, and is obvious to anyone who is not a mentally deficient sea sponge.

Also, I hear Dumbledore is a total jerk.

(not kidding)

(edit: also, if I'm right, no, it is not a flashback [Frown] )

Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the same things, Book.

SOOO much as been changed for this movie. Instead of just omitting large things like Cuaron did, Newell is reworking EVERYTHING.

Crouch Jr is everywhere in the movie. He's in the opening scene (which is the same as the opening of the book.) And the audience, if they're smart, will see alot of early clues explaining Crouch and Moody's "connection."

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I also read that they completely cut Ludo Bagman, and Bill and Percy. (they probably couldn't find anyone hawt enough to play Bill).
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Why stray from the original book, I ask you? Granted, anyone who has read the books already knows that Barty Crouch is Mad-Eye Moody, but still - you'd think that they'd give the movie a little air of suspense. Or not, whatever.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Because movie-makers think the public is made almost entirely of inattentive morons and they feel they must play down to them.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_hoIes
Member # 6963

- posted      Profile for digging_hoIes   Email digging_hoIes         Edit/Delete Post 
It won't play for me. [Frown]
Posts: 109 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I agree with jebus!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Woa! What's up with this clip?? An attack? Where are the almighty Professors?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, I think this attack is at the QWC, so not all the professors would be there.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.