FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why i am not more often on Hatrack and i am right - news and Picture ! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why i am not more often on Hatrack and i am right - news and Picture !
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
You may notice i write less messages than before. I think i post one or two messages a week.

But, this is not just here. My blog run slowly too.

So "why ?" you may ask me.

All has begun on another forum. I am also on a french psychology forum (nonono ! It is not a forum about the french's psychology ! It is a forum about psychology in french. Understand ?)

So, on this forum, i have met many interesting people. One of them is... A beautiful girl who is single. at the beginning, i didn't know she was beautiful. She ask on the forum why any boy don't try to courtisan her. She explained she is 24, and had never a boyfriend.

So, i started the chat to now why she is like she said. I suggested to send me a picture to look if she is so ugly or really beautiful. she accepted and sent me one.
And surprise ! She is really really beautiful : thin, sportwoman, and with the most beautiful blue eyes i never saw before. (sorry Katie [Wink] )

So i responded by mail, she is very pretty and it is not the reason of is problem. And i suggested her to discuss together to find why nobody want to date her.

And each evening, we discussed, again and again.

And something was born. And now, it is not just by msn, or mail. It is by phone... We were becomming essential the one for the other.

The difficulty result on two things.
One, She lives in Belgium and me in Paris.
Two, The real reason of is problem. In fact, this girl is a little affraid of the unknown. and what is more unknown than a boy ? nothing. Extraordinarly, she has given me her confidance. I have become a really closed friend.

So i think i seduce her. And i will go to visit her next monday for two days.

I know the sensation i have : i'm in love. But for the first time of my life, i feel something more stronger, i feel she loves me too. Because she want to call me. Because one time we stayed 7 hours in continue on msn. Because she said each time she adore me, (je t'adore)as she want to say i love you (je t'aime).

So i'm on a cloud in the sky...

But, i was so many time disappointed, that i brake my sentiments...

I'll see next monday...

So why i don't post on Hatrack more than i want...
I don't forget you, friends, I don't forget you.

I'll try to give you more detail next week.

See ya ! [Wave]

[ November 06, 2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on landing a good looking internet woman. Let me know what you learn about french psychology (kidding).
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Vive l'amour!
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
WOnderful, Choobak. I'm so happy for you both.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad for you!
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been missing you here, but I am very glad to learn the reason! Much happiness to you. [Smile]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And something was born.
SO....did you get her pregnant? [ROFL]
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Where is squirrel? you promised "and squirrel" last time!

just kidding! good luck to you!

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Coobak! I'm very happy for you!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - this has the makings of a great love story!

just like quidscribis' own tale!

great news, Choobak!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Viva l'amour! Viva l'amour! Viva l'company!
[Smile]
Sounds awesome Choobak! Good luck!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
tell her Belgium is EXTREMELY close to France. this is not even long distance [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
And you can benefit from yummy yummy belgium chocolate. [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

You're all lovely !!!

But don't go too quickly. Maybe the reality of us is uncompatible... I need to meet her before.

About the Squirrel, because Jim-Me want it, you can see it on my blog.

I need to wait to add more detail and picture of my Delphine...

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Oh, and yes ! Chocolate is famous, and Belgium is not as far as... India for exemple ( [Wink] Quidscribis)
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Belgium is not so far from Paris. It's only 300 km from Paris to Brussels. In Montana, we'd call you next door neighbors.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh what a lovely story! Thanks for sharing with us! (I love Belgians, being one myself! [Big Grin] )
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Choobak, I wish you the best. This sounds very wonderful and romantic. I hope it works out exactly as you wish it to and that you get to tell the grandkids someday about how you bought their grandmother over the internet. (I'm not saying that to be rude, one of dkw's parishioners was convinced she'd purchased me online...)

[Wink]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought "Has he met someone?!?!?! Yay!!!!"

And turns out, he did. I hope things (continue to) go well for you!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
How beautiful!!

[Kiss]

I hope to hear details soon!!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray, Choobak!

One bit of advice: I recommend not mentioning on the first date that there's a whole forum full of people from around the world waiting for you to post how the date went! Hmmm, unless she seems computer-geeky enough to consider that a turn on... [Wink]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie, that was my first thought, too. I'm so glad I was right!

Choobak, you are such a sweet man. You deserve a sweet woman. I hope everything goes well in person. [Kiss]

(Um, and it's Sri Lanka, not India. [Big Grin] But close, very very close. [Razz] )

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
Ah, Choobak, I wish you the best. This sounds very wonderful and romantic. I hope it works out exactly as you wish it to and that you get to tell the grandkids someday about how you bought their grandmother over the internet. (I'm not saying that to be rude, one of dkw's parishioners was convinced she'd purchased me online...)

[Wink]

You mean she didn't?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
geez, kwea, Bob didn't need to know that.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]

Well, at least one of us Hatrackers has a life. [Big Grin] Go live it!

And make sure we're the first to know how the date goes. It's in the "user agreement" that we get exclusivity rights. [Wink]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
no one can take a bloody joke.

[ October 29, 2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Blayne Bradley ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
edited:

Thank you Blayne.

You obviously still don't understand why that was so offensive and unfunny, do you?

I'd be happy to explain it elsewhere. In the meantime, you still owe Choobak an apology, and it'd be just a gesture of being a normal human being to at least wish him well.

[ October 29, 2005, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Blayne, i don't understand what you said, but if Bob said that, prefer to do as you write nothing.

I am a little nervous... I must stay cool and relaxe... In my head, there is to many "if..." i am cleaning it to remember all the attention she has for me.

So, as Corwin said, i give you first the evolution of our feeling. promis !

I give you a hug to each of you.

Edit :
I repaired the link of the picture on my blog : now, when you clic on, you open a pop up withe the pict on is normal size.

[ October 29, 2005, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Choobak! Your squirrels have racing stripes!!! [Big Grin]

How cool!

Have a great first meeting.

Be cool!

Wear a beret and have a Gauloise dangling from your lower lip!

Don't smoke it though -- that stuff'll kill you!

Choobak
Member # 7083

I prefer to have flowers... [Big Grin]

And i never smoke [Wink]
Thanks !

Choobak
Member # 7083

I am at work office, so i am short : I am in love of a girl who love me too. And she is really really really beautifull and clever and fun and.... I have no word. I'll try to give you a picture.
I am in a little cloud of the paradise with an angel. My angel !

bye ! (i have to work [Frown] )

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle*

So very sweet, Choobak! I am so happy for you!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
^ What they said! So nice to hear!!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

That's so great Choobak!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yay! Yay yay yay yay!! *dances* I'm so happy for you!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] He's so cute.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. That's so sweet. I like happy endings! [Big Grin]

I know, the story's still ongoing, but it's a happy end to this chapter, at least.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
[Big Grin]

Awww.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Is it really rude if I say Choobak has the cutest english ever??
It's adorable.
Also, Congrats!

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Choobak, any chance you could post a picture of you guys together? I'd love to see it. I understand if you don't want to do this, of course.
Choobak
Member # 7083

Hello everybody !

I am in a beautiful pink cloud...

The big difficulty is the distance, of course and the fact she need to work for passing her exams.
So the next time i will meet her is in the end of January... [Frown]

But I am patient : I waited for her 26 years (and she waited 24) that i can wait 2 mounths and half (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!! [Angst] [Wall Bash] ) for her.

I remember the first night. I had a air mattress and i stay on it. And She stay on her single bed... We continue to discuss in the dark, and at a moment i take her hand. she let me do it.
And with shyness (?), i said her "Je t'aime." She smiled and hugged me, and we kissed, sweetly, like the rookies we are. [Kiss]
And finally we slept together in his little bed.
hummmmmmmmmm...... [Smile]

We took a picture of together but i have not the numeric file : I have just a printed picture i keep in my pocket. [Blushing]
But maybe i post it on my blog. If she wants. We are two, and she is decency, and shy, and it is her picture too. But i'm sure she will be ok soon.
[Hat]

[Edit] :
Hep, Shani, when do you send me a tape record of sing with your voice ? [Wink]

Raia
Member # 4700

Haha, I'm not sure! Maybe at some point, if I have a decent recording of myself. [Smile]

In the meantime, your most recent post is the most adorable thing I've read in a long time!! It just made me SO happy!

Choobak
Member # 7083

Hummmmmm !!!
I just called her for one hour and half... I finish the communication by reading some poetry of Verlaine and Rimbaud... she was going to bed for sleeping. The last poem i read Rêve pour l'hiver (A dream for winter)

L'hiver, nous irons dans un petit wagon rose
Avec des coussins bleus.
Nous serons bien. Un nid de baisers fous repose
Dans chaque coin moelleux.

Tu fermeras l'oeil, pour ne point voir, par la glace,
Grimacer les ombres des soirs,
Ces monstruosités hargneuses, populace
De démons noirs et de loups noirs.

Puis tu te sentiras la joue égratignée...
Un petit baiser, comme une folle araignée,
Te courra par le cou...

Et tu me diras: "Cherche!" en inclinant la tête,
Et nous prendrons du temps à trouver cette bête
Qui voyage beaucoup...

I don't translate it, sorry. But i think google translation can help you to understand it.

I love her !!!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak, you are so sweet and cute. My husband and I courted from 1500 miles apart; we had a total of less than 2 months actual physical time together before we were married-- and that is counting the week before the wedding! We found that 2 1/2 months was about the absolute maximum we could go without seeing each other. It was harder to part each time. But now we never have to for more than a few days. I hope your little love story works out as well as ours is!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Translation:

L'hiver, nous irons dans un petit wagon rose
The bees! we iron in a little red wagon

Avec des coussins bleus.
With your cousins who have turned blue

Nous serons bien. Un nid de baisers fous repose
We iron well. Mainly because we use starch and lay the clothes flat.

Dans chaque coin moelleux.
With each shirt we're paid a nickle.

Tu fermeras l'oeil, pour ne point voir, par la glace,
You close the curtains, so our competitors don't see our secret -- we freeze the starch!

Grimacer les ombres des soirs,
<I refuse to translate this. It's a vulgar reference to male prostitutes...grinning>

Ces monstruosités hargneuses, populace
they are monstrosities, who don't iron their clothes. Like the great unwashed.

De démons noirs et de loups noirs.
they are demons. Wolves in baggy clothes.

Puis tu te sentiras la joue égratignée...
But you! You sleep through it all.

Un petit baiser, comme une folle araignée,
Leaving me to finish the fat man's entire wardrobe alone.

Te courra par le cou...
All alone.

Et tu me diras: "Cherche!" en inclinant la tête,
And you say to me, "Search!" and tilt your head

Et nous prendrons du temps à trouver cette bête
And I have no idea what the <heck> you mean

Qui voyage beaucoup...
And then you go away...

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

I'm not sure that's the offical translation, Bob.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? What was your first clue?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It was done by Bob...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.