FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Birthday, Enigmatic! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Enigmatic!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Check out the cute birthday boy!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that he'll be awake to see this for a while! But it's not his birth-minute yet - that's not until 10:35 p.m.! Happy, happy birthday, B!
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, B.

[Party]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poseable Nurse
Member # 7162

- posted      Profile for Poseable Nurse           Edit/Delete Post 
I just figured out his screen name. Many years ago Patty put on her clown suit and took DKW and ElJay trick or treating. Then we took her to the hospital. The real enigma, was he a trick or a treat?

Happy birthday son.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Enigmatic! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, baby brother. [Cool]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, between its members, the Williams-Scopatz clan has in excess of 30,000 posts. [Eek!]

Happy birthday, Enigmatic. [Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
We are taking over...
Join us or [Eek!]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yeah, but 2/3 of those belong to Bob. You can't really go all shocked on the rest of us. [Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey, if we could marry Brian off to kat, we could really bump our family postcount. . .

[Wink]

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Enigmatic!

[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I wonder how long it'll take your collective postcount to hit 40,000? Enigmatic's over 1,000 already, IIRC. Maybe another year and a half will do it.

Bob, I'm not sure how I feel about coercion. [Wink]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Or, alternatively you to TomDavidson...

Of course, Christy might have something to say about that. [Wink]

Edit: That is you as in ElJay, not you as in twinky.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Christy isn't the only one.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I actually thought about making that crack, imogen, but didn't. [Razz]
dkw
Member # 3264

So either Enig or ElJay, Tom, & Christy would have to convert to LDS for this plan to work?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I think the chances of Enig converting to LDS and the chances of katie converting to Taoism are about the same, ya know?
dkw
Member # 3264

So plan B then?
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmm. No, thank you. Sophie is a sweetie, but part of my whole "childless by choice" thing probably includes not marrying into a family with children. [Smile]

As an aside, it's funny how I think about Brian as our baby brother. . . my first reaction to the idea of him getting together with kat is that he'd be much too young for her. When in reality, I'm not sure exactly how old kat is, but if they're not pretty close to the same age I'd guess him a little older.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys act as if getting everyone the same religion would do it. In those matches, that might be the easiest step.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Speaking of postcount, dkw's at 6666.

JT, since for me to marry Tom & Christy it would require not just we all change religions but the polygamy laws change and the LDS church go back to allowing it, it's pretty far-fetched regardless, ya know? We're just playin'. [Smile]

Besides, I'm quite happy in my current romantic entanglement. [Big Grin]

dkw
Member # 3264

JT, the whole thing was a very funny polygamy joke. kat wounldn't marry anyone not LDS, and Tom is already married. "Everybody knows" that mormons can have more than one wife though, so if ElJay, Tom, & Christy all converted it would work. See? Haha. Funny.

In reality, the LDS church doesn't allow polygamy anymore (in this life) and anyway the chance of any of the four people named converting to LDS is approximatly equal to me winning the lottery. Keeping in mind that I don't buy lottery tickets, ever. Which makes the joke even funnier. [Razz]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I thought it was pretty funny, too. I hope kat, Tom, and Christy all do as well. [Angst]

[Wink]

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I was joking too. My point was that those particular personalities, even if everyone involved was single and childless it would make some interesting matches, to say the least.

Maybe I wasn't doing it right.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Brian's opinion we don't so much care about?
ElJay
Member # 6358

Brian we're pretty sure has our same sense of humor.

---

For the potential kat/Brian match, at least, I think religion would be the hardest part. Tom/Christy/me. . . yeah, that's a bit more far-fetched. [Wink]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hapful Birthday! [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone surprised that this particular Hatracker's birthday thread got weird quickly? Or that he was almost born on Halloween?

Yeah, me either.

Happy Birthday, oh Enigmatic One. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You can mark me down as "not surprised". [Smile]

Happy birthday, Enigmatic!

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Brian!

(ElJay -- you do realize that you using a photo of 2-year-old B allows him full rights to use any photo of you he wants on your next birthday?)

[Smile]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Why exactly did my birthday thread turn into a discussion of marrying me off? *rereads thread* Oh, right, it's ElJay's fault.

The somewhat related but more important question is how many posts does one need to have before getting the Hatrack Hook-up that seems so popular with all my siblings?

Thank you, everyone, for your kind wishes.
To the immediate family I'll just say that the best birthday thing about being "the baby" is that no matter how old I get I can always reply "But think how old that must make you!"
[Taunt]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

quote:
Why exactly did my birthday thread turn into a discussion of marrying me off?
You know, once you reach a certain age you're married off. Although I hear you brought in a very nice dowry, and really, who couldn't use more sheep?
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The somewhat related but more important question is how many posts does one need to have before getting the Hatrack Hook-up that seems so popular with all my siblings?
Hmmm....have anyone in particular in mind when you wrote that, Enig? [Wink]

Happy (belated) birthday! [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Kwea, this isn't exactly how I wanted to tell you, but...
No. No I didn't. [Razz]

--Enigmatic

(Before this thread is through it'll be a gay marriage thread, an onanism thread, a popularity thread, an I.D./evolution thread...)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey, I don't think it was entirely my fault. . .

Well, maybe it was. [Wink]

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Happy Birthday, fellow seeker. [Wink]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Enigmatic!

I like birthday threads. They are so much fun, especially when one is trying to avoid writing a novel for NaNoWriMo.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
really, who couldn't use more sheep?
I sure as heck could. It isn't like I've had time to cut my grass for the last time this season yet.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday. [Hat] [Party]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Enigmatic. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
A hippy happy birthueth dee!

[Hat]

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
So, just how old IS enigmatic? From the Jesus pictures, I'm guessing around 32, give or take 5 years.
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Give or take five years, you'd be right.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I remember hearing he was less than 30, so 30 at the oldest I'd guess. I'm sure within tht 5 years though.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

28, actually, so you got it within your 10 year range. [Wink]
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, playing it safe is always good. I've mortally offended some people who ask me how old I think they are by being off about 10 years in the wrong direction. I still say it's their own damn fault for asking, but...
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

I like to think I can get pretty much anyone's age within ten years, but I've been really surprised before.
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday [Smile]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.