FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What do you remember most about your prom? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What do you remember most about your prom?
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm... I went 4 times, I remember that. The 1st time was memerable because my girlfriend had a full size conversion van. That was, um... neat. Very stereotypical prom happenings that night.

But the most memorable moment was my freshman year of college. Yea, I went back. the girl I had been on again-off again for the better part of two years had been stood up two days before prom. I was still crazy about her so I offered to come back. I got my tux from a theater depatment of a local school. I made dinner reseravtions, booked limo and the whole nine yards all on two days notice. Got there and with in five minutes she had left me standing with an old teacher and spent the rest of the night dancing with some choir kid who weighed about 32 lbs soaking wet. I was home that night by 11:30. SUCKED!!!!

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
I went only during my junior year, which was the year for everyone to go. I went with a girl who was SO pretty she was actually only my third choice, after two more average-looking girls that I thought I had a better chance with either said no or proved unreachable by phone. Unfortunately, for various reasons I was too nervous to have a good time and never really talked to the girl again.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy I asked dumped me a few weeks before prom so I ditched him for his friend and regretted not calling my best guy friend to come with me instead. My date and I were friends but the night wasn't anything special. I think that would be about the only thing I'd go back and change if I could go back in time.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah. I also went to prom sophomore year because some guy we met at a club had a crush on my best friend, and she wouldn't go alone, so he set me up with one of his friends.

He brought me roses, but he didn't make a huge impression. Perhaps the night was awkward. In fact, it probably was because I had a thing for one of the other friends in that little group, but he refused to speak to me after almost killing me in a rollover car accident.

I had fun with my friend though. But my dress junior year was MUCH nicer than my dress sophomore year. It was two pieces. A long black skirt and a deep red corset top. I think. Maybe I can find a picture around here somewhere.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Never went. I'm in the same boat as Ela; nobody asked me.

My best friend, though, had a private crusade against prom, and threw a party for all of us nerdlies not going (both junior and senior years). She called it Morp. We dressed in jeans and flannels, had dinner at McDonalds, and watched anime movies.

It was a good time.

The worst part about the prom/morp thing, though, is that it turns out a boy who might've asked me didn't because he thought I felt the same way as my friend about it.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't go my junior year and hadn't been asked my senior year either. My good friend had a total crush on this guy, and I told her she should ask him to go to prom with her. We both knew we were dying to get dressed up and go, and I told her I would find someone to ask if she asked him. She said okay.

That night, I called the only guy from church who was my age and asked him to go with me. He said yes. I then called said friend. She had "sort of" asked her guy if he was doing anything Saturday night, and he said he had plans, so she chickened out.

Now I'm stuck going with a guy I hardly know and don't really like, and I don't even have a group to go with. Luckily, I knew he was a nice guy and wouldn't treat me bad, but yeah. More like a family friend than anything else.

Now that I had a date, I frantically went looking for a dress. We shopped and shopped and shopped, and there was NOTHING my size that met my (LDS) modesty requirements. Finally my mom ended up sewing me a dress in a hurry. It ended up okay, but it looked more like a bridesmaid dress than a prom dress.

I did love what the hairdresser did with my hair, though. [Smile]

We ended up going with a larger group of acquaintences to sort-of friends. When we got there, the table for the group wasn't big enough for all of us. My date and I, along with another couple, ended up in a booth in the corner, far from the main table. The guy in the other couple was LDS too, but he hadn't been to church in a long time. We sort of knew him, but neither of us knew his date at all. Talk was awkward, food was expensive.

We finished dinner before the dance was supposed to start. The guy from the other couple went out to his car to get a smoke. [Eek!] My date and I awkwardly try to find something to talk about while we wait for the dance to start.

At the dance: Another LDS sort-of-friend (let's call him Joe) is there with his date, who is also LDS (let's call her Amy). My date knows Amy better than I do. We say hello and dance one dance. Since neither of us really likes dancing, we go to get drinks and take a walk. We notice Amy abandoned by Joe, who is now dancing with another girl. I'm guessing he wanted to take this other girl to the prom, but his mother probably wouldn't let him. [Roll Eyes]

So we sat at a table and kept Amy company so she wouldn't feel too bad about being abandoned by Joe.

After Prom was awesome, though. That was the one part of the night I enjoyed without hesitation.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.