FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » war of the sexis (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: war of the sexis
conan the buff
Member # 8826

- posted      Profile for conan the buff   Email conan the buff         Edit/Delete Post 
A warm hello to the community of Hat Rack does anyone ever wonder who the better sex is male or female well to me the awnser is clear what are your thoughts.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
the one that acn spel and puntuate?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
btu witch one is that,
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
That you're gonna get hammered for lack of punctuation and capitalization. Then there are those who will feel insulted by your misnaming of Hatrack.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Why hammer a person for not being able to punctuate in english when they can speak two different languages?

Also, concerning you're having spelt a non-existant word, if you mean "sexies" than the females win.

Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Quality trumps quantity, perhaps...?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
How about manners trumps quality?
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Tom
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

cheiros do ender...

Are you conan the buff?

We usually do give non-native speakers of English some slack. I didn't realize conan the buff was a non-native speaker. His post read more like one of the ones we get from people who care little for spelling and grammar around here.

Sorry if this upset you. I was trying to poke a little gentle fun at the thing.

Mainly because I didn't take the question seriously.

I still don't. It's not a question I would spend much time thinking about. I don't believe there IS a war between the sexes and I'm instantly "turned off" by anyone who thinks they are engaged in one. It's a lot of petty non-sense that, IMHO, perpetuates negative gender stereotypes and, at least on a public Bulletin Board, is most likely to generate a bunch of tired one-liners with an occassionally funny sarcastic comment.

cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Nope I'm not conan the buff, but yes, we are mates. He doesn't care little for spelling and punctuation. Just let him learn. it won't take long.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

NOTE:

I'm sorry I didn't really pay attention to the registration date or the "warm hello" in your post conan.

Welcome to hatrack. I'm sorry I picked on you first thing.

That was very rude of me. I apologize. If it's any consolation, I treated your post like I do all others. I am apologizing because if I'd realized you were a new member, I probably would have been gentler and certainly not made fun of your spelling or grammar.

That comes later. And usually not from me.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

And, welcome to cheiros too (are you a new member or just a new sn?)

Either way...thanks for the heads up.

cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

New sn. But I've probably only made two hundred posts in my history on hatrack. So I'm reasonably new. I notice there's a certain sense of community here that I don't feel like I'm part of yet. By the way, if cheiros is trouble to remember, just call me Mitch. My name means Ender smells. i created this email adress to get rid of some annoying old friends on msn and at the same time to be my official one on hatrack.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Is it "Ender smells" (as in he gives off an odor) or "Smells of Ender?" (as in the scent of...)
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

i think it's both. I'm still learning. But it's meant to be construed as Ender smells. And it's "de", not "do". My mistake but no point changing it now, sorry.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

L'Eau d'Ender.

Pour homme.

I can see the ad campaign now.

conan the buff
Member # 8826

- posted      Profile for conan the buff   Email conan the buff         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys thanx for the appoligies, no english is not my first language as you can well see but i do try im sorry if i offended you with my spelling and punctuation im actually Africaans. The Awnser to my question is that males should think of females as the dominant sex and visa versa then we will all get along. I am new to Hatrack and i will try and improve thanx.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Africaans! I had a good friend/coworker in NYC who was from S. Africa. He had the coolest accent ever. Women certainly were attracted to him for that and his startlingly good looks (not that I notice that kind of thing in other men, of course).

So, welcome. And I kind of like your answer to the battle of the sexes question. I prefer that my partner and I strive for equality and that neither seeks dominance.

cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Here's an edit, to the best of my knowledge:

Hey guys. Thanks for the apologies. No, English is not my first language as you can see. But I do try, I'm sorry if I offended you with my spelling and punctuation. I'm actually Africaans. the answer to my question is that males should think of females as the dominant sex and vice versa. Then we will all get along. i am new to hatrack and I will try to improve, thanks.

I won't say anything regarding you're topic since we see eachother all the time, <grin> but I'm sure someone else will have by the time I've finished posting this.

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi conan the buff. Sorry I didn't welcome you in the other thread, but... I can't remember what was keeping me occupied at that time.

I'm gonna have fun on this question anyway. Even though I like your answer.

Battle of sexes:

If you're looking for a non-complicated answer, then Men. Due to the fact that we are less complicated and have less issues than the opposing gender. Not that my past is riddled with females with issues or anything....

However, cheiros do ender had it right for the "sexies."

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
The only war I'm aware of is in getting enough of . . .

Oh. Wait. That's probably not what you mean.

*whistles innocently*

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Conan. Let's turn it all over to the women and stay home. They'd do a much better job, and if they don't, we get to bitch about it!
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Is anyone that has posted in here so far actually female?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

yes. quid is female.

I'm not commenting on anyone else.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
If I were to dobie this thread, I'd probably do War of the skekses. But I won't do that.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]

"Hey, nice blade!"

"Back atcha!" <wink wink>

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Gelfling??????????
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I was recently introduced to that movie [Smile] Heh.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, English isn't my first language either, but you don't see me whining about it. And even in German, which I speak only a bit of, I would at least make some kind of attempt at proper capitalisation and punctuation.

On the other hand, it's perhaps just as well that the form obscured the content, because it's a rather immature question. Better at what?

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Better in general. And if you can only "speak a bit of" German, it's not really your first language if you think about it.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
No, that's kind of what I said. Norwegian is my first language; German I learned in school.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Okay, I'll rephrase Conan's question myself: Which sex do you believe is better in general and why?

And what's your point anyway when you're the King of all mankind and he's a 16yo afrikaana in Australia? I don't think that's really a fair match.

King of Men
Member # 6684

Oh, and obviously women are better. They've got less hair. Also they weigh less (well, except in America) so they consume less of the Earth's resources. In fact, a world with just me, and the rest of the population women, would be a superb thing. Well, maybe some guys to play wargames with. On the other hand, in a population of 3 billion, there's bound to be enough gamers to put together a small group.
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Women don't consume less. They just do most of their consuming in a different form: With our credit cards.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheiros do ender:
Women don't consume less. They just do most of their consuming in a different form: With our credit cards.

This makes me giggle, since my husband spends FAR more than I do.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

But is it on himself?
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Asking which sex is better in humanity is like asking which atom is better in water. I'm partial to oxygen. [Smile]

Single oxygen atom seeks attractive hydrogen atom for a radical relationship. Let's do some bonding. No deuterium, please.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

I don't know if I'd agree with you that oxygen ISN'T better than hydrogen. We do breathe it, after all.
King of Men
Member # 6684

Yes, and if it weren't for hydrogen, we'd have neither the Sun, nor water. [Roll Eyes]
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

Not really. Without oxygen we'd probably have about 4 minutes to live, and that's only if you can hold your breath really long. But if the sun ceases to exist we still have about 15 minutes to live. So I stand by my argument that Oxygen is better.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheiros do ender:
But is it on himself?

Yes.

You know what they say about what happens when you assume, cheiros.

Seriously, I'd say be very, very careful of generalizations about genders.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

Ridiculous. About 80% of your body is water. Without hydrogen, that turns into raw oxygen, which instantly reacts with the carbon in your body; you'd be left as a vaguely human-shaped heap of ashes, or maybe a wisp of C02.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
King of Men, what makes you think that none of the women would enjoy wargames?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...oxygen vs. hydrogen...spelling and grammar and punctuation oh my!
I would have to say that I don't use Kwea's credit card... I spend my OWN hard earned money, thank you very much....and I have seen many men eat 4 to 5 times the amount that the women around them ate at one sitting.... on more than one occasion.( And to answer the inevitable question.. no the women weren't models or picking at their food, they ate normal, healthy portion sizes and did not over indulge!)
My cousin, Heather, loves to play war games! Why would you think that only men like that stuff? (Heather got a high powered hunting rifle for her birthday too! It's not just for guys ya know.)
quote:

Oh, and obviously women are better. They've got less hair.

I have more hair than Kwea...of course it starts at my scalp and goes down past my backside, but I still have more hair than him! [Big Grin]

As for an answer to the original question: neither, we both have our foibles (spelling?) and our strengths, we balance it out pretty well I think.....except when they think they are the only ones allowed to have possession of the remote control! What is that about anyway?

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
At least neither of us has hairy backs....

Or at least I don't.... [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to add to this as my wife is beating the crap out of me right now to say I was joking.

Well, mostly...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone guess what Kwea won't be doing for a while???????????
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
JenniK, final answer.
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Who says there are only two sexes? Or genders? *raised eyebrow*
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

I should like to draw people's attention to the last sentence in that post :

quote:
Originally posted by king of Men
On the other hand, in a population of 3 billion, there's bound to be enough gamers to put together a small group.

But women are, in fact, pretty rare in the wargaming community; at a rough estimate, they are outnumbered 20 to 1.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.