FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's Rivalry Week in College Football!!!!

Author Topic: It's Rivalry Week in College Football!!!!
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
What big game are you looking forward to? This, of course, may be a silly question because we all know there is only one game worth watching.

THE Ohio State Buckeyes
vs.
The University of Michigan

GO BUCKS!!!!!

I mean seriously, AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Anthony Schlegel, Tyler Everet, Ashton Youboty, Mike Kudla, Donte Whitner... Come on, who can hang with that Defense?

And don't even get me started on the offenseive weapons that are finally starting to run on all cylinders. Troy Smith, Ted Ginn Jr, Santonio Holmes, Anthony Gonzalez, Antonio Pittman, Nick Mangold, Rob Sims, Brandon Schnittker and the list goes on.

And we just can't forget the player who will be the biggest difference in the game... [Hail] Josh Houston. Can you say Lou Groza award winner?

[The Wave] GO BUCKS!!!!

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be rooting for the cougs this weekend in the BYU vs. U of U game. way exciting!! all the statues on campus have been wrapped up all week and we're all looking forward to the game, which of course is at our stadium [Smile]

Go Cougs!!!

Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm anxious to see Auburn/Alabama.

And I wouldn't discount Michigan. Bumping OSU from a major bowl is a big incentive.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

Oh, I agree, Michigan has a lot of incentive to bump off OSU. Pure spite aside, they would still have an outside chance at an share of the Big Ten Title, with some help from MSU knocking off Penn State, which is ridiculously unlikely but still possible I guess.

It is definately a scary game but I think Jim Tressel has Llyod Carr's number. Only time will tell, but I have faith. It will be a tight and exciting game no matter what.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
All in one weekend? Wow! Good thing Florida/Georgia is over.

Go Cougars! Go Auburn! Go Buckeyes!

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Ohio who? Forget that game... tune in at noon on Saturday to watch the Hokies lose their ACC title chances... [Smile]
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

ok, how about plans?

This is always a fun weekend to get together with friends. I'll be traveling to Toeldo, Ohio to watch the game with some college buddies. Then we will be spending a night of either drowning our sorrows or celebrating a great win. I'm pretty sure there will be some poker involved and plenty of cervesas. Always a good time. Although I'll probably be traveling with my kids so the drinking will be limited to very social and very few. I'm actually stopping by Walmart this afetrnoon to pick up Ohio state sweatshirts for both of them so that they can cheer on the team with daddy. I love watching football with my girls and they love hanging out with daddy and his friends because everyone always makes them feel like big shots. Should be a great time.

And once again...

GO BUCKS!!!!

Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tresopax:
Ohio who? Forget that game... tune in at noon on Saturday to watch the Hokies lose their ACC title chances... [Smile]

Hahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. Too bad (for you) that the Hoos aren't going to win.

As to plans for the game, I'll be heading over to watch the game with a bunch of Hokie and Hoo fans at a local bar where the Hoos hang out (and if we wind up with one of the little tvs with no sound like last year, I'll be annoyed).

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
They call this game the "Civil War" here in Oregon. It's University of Oregon vs. Oregon State. [Big Grin] Ducks vs. Beavers. Folks who root for both call themselves platypuses...platypi?

[Smile] Anyway, I'm amazed at how vicious my little kindergarteners are about this game. In one of my classes yesterday I asked "What's happening this weekend?" thinking that they'd all shout about Harry Potter or screw up and say Thanksgiving....nope. Most of them shouted "The Civil War!!"

Yikes! I'm not a native Oregonian, so I didn't attend either school. I lean toward the Beavers, but I don't have any venom like the rest of the folks.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as much as I don't care about football, I suppose I should do my bit to represent the Wolverines of the world.

*clears throat*

GO BLUE!!!!

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

Narnia

I love hearing that the parents have the kids seeing the light so soon in life. My kids, I teach 8th grade, are very into the argument. Lots of OSU fans but just as many Michigan fans. I think most of them just like to be rebelous to the buckeye world because there are so many OSU fans and grads here at the school. It's always fun for one side come Monday morning. I love the college football season!

JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
*sidetrack*

Ha-ha, Narnia, leaning toward the Beavers, I get it.

*end sidetrack*

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Big Grin] Hehehe!!

beatnix, this weekend is also a huge state playoff game for the high school where I teach. THe community is all in colors today: Yellow/Green for UofO, Black/Orange for OSU, and Maroon/Black for the high school. (I'm in the high school category). [Smile] it is really fun, but it makes for a crazy riled up day at ALL of the schools!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They call this game the "Civil War" here in Oregon. It's University of Oregon vs. Oregon State. [Big Grin] Ducks vs. Beavers. Folks who root for both call themselves platypuses...platypi?

[Smile] Anyway, I'm amazed at how vicious my little kindergarteners are about this game. In one of my classes yesterday I asked "What's happening this weekend?" thinking that they'd all shout about Harry Potter or screw up and say Thanksgiving....nope. Most of them shouted "The Civil War!!"

Yikes! I'm not a native Oregonian, so I didn't attend either school. I lean toward the Beavers, but I don't have any venom like the rest of the folks.

DIE BEAVERS, DIE!

Sorry, my proximity to U Dub has started rubbing off ><

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parsimony
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for Parsimony           Edit/Delete Post 
Go Gamecocks!

I know there are a couple Clemson fans on this board (amazing, since I don't think Clemson has computers yet) and I just want them to know that this is our year for once. In about an hour, we will be burning a giant tiger in effigy. What do you have to say to that? Nothin'. 'Cause Tommy Bowden can't beat Steve Spurrier.

Go Cocks!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 367 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
GO CLEMSON!!!
WOOHOO!
[The Wave]

Our current project in my engineering class is to build a chicken processing machene. [Evil]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
GO BLUE!!!!!!! hehehehehe (and I'm from ohio... I hope OSU chokes!)
Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
The Apple Cup is going on hereabouts, and I ought to root for the cougs, seeing as I go here, but I've always been partial to the Huskies as a mascot. Just don't tell anyone I know.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Go Buckeyes. We need their help to get to a better bowl, though San Antonio wouldn't be the end of the world.

(We = UW, in case you hadn't figured that out yet)

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
tune in at noon on Saturday to watch the Hokies lose their ACC title chances...

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

Way to go bucks! What an awesome game. Big Ten Co-Champions! 10 points away from a perfect season, ah, what could have been... but agreat season none the less.
Tresopax
Member # 1063

I tuned in at noon.... sadly, it appears that sometimes the better team just doesn't win. Still, the Hoos still will probably keep the ability to take away any Hokie ACC title shot. [Wink]
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Clemson won, 13-9. [Big Grin]
Woot!
[Party]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
*hangs head in assumed shame*
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tresopax:
Still, the Hoos still will probably keep the ability to take away any Hokie ACC title shot. [Wink]

Umm... maybe not. (look at the right hand side of the page)

[Party]

[ November 19, 2005, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Brian J. Hill ]

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Utah 41, BYU 34, OT
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

HA!! Go Utah!
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Michigan! *Cries* I grew up in Ohio, but never liked the Bucks, and still don't.

I forgot the BYU/Utah game was today! It had to have been good. I love both teams equally so I can't really pick.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

quote:
Umm... maybe not. (look at the right hand side of the page)
Hmmmm... I think I need to stop saying things on this thread. They seem to turn out false...

Having said that, let Basketball season begin!

Risuena
Member # 2924

quote:
I tuned in at noon.... sadly, it appears that sometimes the better team just doesn't win.
Since the better team clearly won the VT-UVA game, I've got to assume you're talking about Vandy-Tennessee. And even if Tenn should be a better team, you've got to love it when they lose to a perpetual doormat like Vanderbilt. [Wink]

Hey, Brian - it's nice to see another Hokie on Hatrack.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

Actually I'm a Highlander--but since RU doesn't have a football team, and I grew up in SW VA, and I love the way Beamer's teams play, I'm definitly a Hokie Fan.

It is nice to see another Jatraquera who at least has heard about my neck of the woods.

Risuena
Member # 2924

I saw in your profile that you were in Radford, so I wondered about that. But you've got the taste to be a VT football fan, so it's all good.

And not only have I heard of your neck of the woods, I generally miss that area.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.