FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In Sickness and in Health - update - Oooh! A present!

Author Topic: In Sickness and in Health - update - Oooh! A present!
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Fourteen years ago today Wes and I pledged to love, honor, and cherish each other in sickness and in health, among other things.

He has upheld his vow, through some very, very difficult times. For nine of the fourteen years he saw me suffer with the chronic pain of endometriosis. He carried me through the emotional roller coaster of infertility. He stood by me through depression. He has sat in a waiting room while I was in surgery a total of six times now. He had to hear the doctor say words that no one wants to hear, "Your wife has cancer." He has wrapped my sprained ankles, brought me medicine when I was hurting or sick, and even drawn blood from me when I was having to have my blood tested weekly for infertility.

More than anything else, he has loved me. I have never doubted that I was loved, honored, and cherished by my husband, not once in fourteen years. There were times, particularly during my depression, when I was certain I didn't deserve him. But I truly believe God brought us together and has blessed our marriage, so it's not a matter of deserving each other but rather giving thanks to God.

There are tons of sappy sentimental things I could say, but I will spare you all. I just wanted to share this special day with you and take a chance to say publicly:

Happy Anniversary Wes. I love you.

[ December 01, 2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Belle ]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walker
Member # 8866

- posted      Profile for Walker   Email Walker         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

It's nice to see that marriage means somthing to some people still, that they don't just throw in the towel when things get to ruff in their lives.

I do hope that you and Wes have many more years together, and that your love for each other will grow into something more than words can discribe.

And thank you for sharing your special day...

Posts: 17 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
We love Wes, too, because you love him, and we love you.

Erm. . . I think I just broke my apathy-ometer.

Dangit.

Congratulations, Belle and Wes.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Congratulations Belle, Happy anniversary! How fantastic that you and Wes have each other.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Belle. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful! Congratulations! [Hat]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
w00t!

(I mean that with the most solemn sincerity [Smile] )

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Thanks for sharing your day Belle. Congrats on 14 and the many more to come!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congratulations on 14 years. May you have many more wonderful years together.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Belle. That is awesome to hear. [Smile]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, beautiful post. Congratulations.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, that is, indeed, beautiful. Thanks and congratulations to both of you.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats for Belle and Wes. [Smile]
It's great to read posts like this.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
***sniff sniff**

That is so lovely it brought a tear to my eye. I hope you never doubt again that you deserve such love. Congrats to you both!

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy anniversary Belle and Wes!
Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Happy anniversary to both of you.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, happy anniversary, you guys! [Big Grin]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary!

[Smile]

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Belle and Hubby. May many, many more happy years lie before you.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

It's our anniversary, too. And my parents'. And his parents'. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Congratulations, Boon! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and parents. [Smile]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Much congratulations to you and Wes! The two of you have weathered more in 14 years than most people do in a lifetime. You both deserve all the happiness that you bring to each other.

Happy anniversary to the Boon family, too!

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, that's so sweet. [Smile] Congrats, Belle & Wes, and Boon & Mr. Boon. Y'all deserve all the happiness in the world. [Kiss]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said....

as usual.

Congrats!!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Happy Anniversary!

Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*claps*

Congratualations, sweetie!

BTW, I lost all your contact information when my computer crashed the night I called you last. Sorry I haven't been in touch since then. [Frown]

*Hugs*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to all the happy couples - Belle and Wes and Boon and Mr. Boon. Congrats to the in-laws, as well. I have always thought that November would be a nice time to have a wedding.

Belle, your husband is a wonderful man, but remember that you are a wonderful woman. You deserve each other.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I got my present today from my hubby.

I am floored. First he brought in towels, which thrilled me because we needed new towels and these were nice, expensive, ultra-soft and cuddly ones, I could tell.

But that was just the precursor. The actual gift was a towel warmer. He has to install it, but it will warm my towels for me while I take a bath.

Can you say spoiled? I mean, my bathroom is the ultimate luxury room anyway, because heck when you're married to a plumber you may as well go all out when you build a house and get a nice bathroom. So I've already got an oversized whirlpool tub.

If only I could find a way to read books in the tub without ruining them, I'd never leave.

[Kiss] I love my husband.

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
laminate the pages?

Congrates, Belle and Wes. I wish everyone on this earth could have the kind of wonderful relationship you share with your husband. Many prayers!

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Towel Warmer? I am the towel warmer for my wife, kind of. She asks and I go running down stairs, stick it in the drier while she is in the shower, then bring it up nice and toasty when she's ready.

Oh well.

Congrats to both of you.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy. I always get cold towels. Not only that, my bathroom has no radiator in it, so it is chilly anyway.

But we do have hot water! [Big Grin]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Towel warmer? I had no idea such things existed.

I'm happy to have hot water. [Big Grin] Although, honestly, I'm also happy to have cold water, although too often, it's just lukewarm and no good for cooling off, but that's a whole other derail.

Belle, you lucky woman, you! It's nice that your husband uses all his talents to make you happy what with your ultra luxurious bathroom and all! (No, no, there are no hidden innuendos here. Nothing to see. Move along, move along.)

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am the towel warmer for my wife, kind of. She asks and I go running down stairs, stick it in the drier while she is in the shower, then bring it up nice and toasty when she's ready.
Uh-oh. Just thought of a new thing to ask my hubby to do for me. [Evil]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I was late in my congrats, but this is just so beautiful! :sniff:

I hope you had a lovely anniversary. You are both lucky to have each other!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

(that is THE best present EVER)

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, how does the towel warmer work? I'm very interested. If it does work well, let me know the brand so I can add it to my Christmas list.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
My cubby in the residence house bathroom is right over the heater, so I get warm towels without even trying. [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If only I could find a way to read books in the tub without ruining them, I'd never leave.
They make little things that are like a table or tray that sits above the water while you read... Add one of those kushy inflatable pillows, a plate of chocolates and a cup of herbal tea and you're talking my kind of bath. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(I'm also assuming you don't have to have the cat box in your bathroom and let the cats wander in and out and throw litter all over the floor while you bathe. >_< )
BGgurl
Member # 8541

- posted      Profile for BGgurl   Email BGgurl         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary [Smile]
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The apartment in London that we stayed in on our honeymoon had a towel warmer. It wasn't a particularly good one, though -- it was a heated pipe that the towel hung over, so there was a very warm stripe where it rested against the pipe and no noticable diference anywhere else.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]

Congrats Wes and Belle.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.