FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jatraquero Map, Take...what...Three? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jatraquero Map, Take...what...Three?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
This looks cooler than the simpler pushpin ones I've seen before. I just used my area code to add me and it got the city right, I didn't bother to go in depth on the position. I like that the pictures are attached.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistaben
Member # 8721

- posted      Profile for mistaben           Edit/Delete Post 
I need help! I went ahead and created an account after adding myself, so I have two pins. The south one is correct.

This is really smooth.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
This map is cool. [Big Grin]

(I couldn't find a pic of all three of us, though. So I went for Jeff and me in our Halloween costumes. [Big Grin] )

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by human_2.0:
It put me on a freeway. So I moved it to my exact house... I guess I'll have to swallow my paranoia...

Nobody here would do anything like egg my house, right? Or worse yet, go through my garbage and steal my discarded credit card applications? Well, I got a shredder, so you don't even need to try! So there. Paranoia solved.

You did by a cross cut, right?
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Fitz, how did I not know you were in Edmonton? Or did I just forget? I lived there for a decade!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh. I created an account just to correct the inaccurate information, but creating an account does not, as far as I can see, allow me to edit the erroneous city name.

*sigh*

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I added myself.

My pins not showing up yet - but when it does it'll be long way away from all the other pins!

The map is nifty. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, I just found out how you can request them to (manually) add cities. So hopefully they can eventually get it right. [Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Incidentally, Lyrhawn, you're much hotter than I pictured you! [Wink] )
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fitz, how did I not know you were in Edmonton?
I'm not sure, though I think I've mentioned it a few times. Born and raised Edmonton boy, that's me. I do recall you posting that you had lived here, and thinking that was pretty cool. As far as I know, the only other Edmontonian who posts with any frequency is solo, and I haven't seen him post for a long time.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Princess Leah, I didn't know you were in Kingston!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I was so excited to see someone in Africa, until I clicked on it and found out they weren't really in Africa. [Frown]

My marker ended up pretty close, within a mile, and I nudged it to within a few blocks of my house but not exact. That's as accurate as y'all need. [Razz]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine'a actually about 4 blocks from my house.

But since I didn't start an account I can't change or move it.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah well, Fitz, I probably forgot. Goldfish memory here.

I went to Ross Shep and lived on the other side of Westmount mall, also lived near WEM, and mostly lived in Old Strathcona.

I gotta tell you, I love Edmonton. It's a great city!

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's close enough LOL It actually pinned me to a fruitmarket, but that's okay [Smile]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on the map [Big Grin]
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I just added mine to it. Doesn't matter that it zeros in the middle of my zip. It's all out in the middle of nowhere.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how to "unpin" myself to the map. 'Cause it actually marked me across the street at my neighbor's house, and now he's banging on my door asking if I know who stuck a giant pink balloon on his garage. He suspects me, because last time we did this I had a similar giant pink balloon stuck on my front porch. It was really hard to get rid of that thing.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
I just fixed mine, and I'm now either my house, or the house up the hill, so that's close enough, it was on the other side of the highway.
Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Alrighty, I added myself. This is indeed a cool program.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Added myself - it's wrong by about 25 blocks, but what the hell.

Mistaben, we're practically neighbors.

Princess, I pass within 2 minutes of your house when I drive to work every morning.

[Edit] Ok, I figured out how to fix myself, huttah!

[ December 03, 2005, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: erosomniac ]

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I put myself on my street, but since there are no satellite pictures there for my street, that's as acurate as I could get.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Ela apparently lives in a houseboat. [Razz]
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] @ Hamson's location.

That bad, huh?

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Ten blocks is close enough, I think.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
heh, from the satellite images of my town (specifically constructin status, parking patterns, status of renovations at the train station up the street, and the vehicle in my parking space), i can pinpoint when this was taken fairly well. I think that's a little bit freaky...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by luthe:
quote:
Originally posted by human_2.0:
Well, I got a shredder, so you don't even need to try! So there. Paranoia solved.

You did by a cross cut, right?
Ha! I did! (I really am paranoid)
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted my home address in addition to my school address so that NorCal would have some representation. [Smile]
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(Incidentally, Lyrhawn, you're much hotter than I pictured you! [Wink] )
Thanks [Blushing]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Look who's in Hong Kong!

edit: okay, that was confusing.. I guess he got deleted.

[ December 05, 2005, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: esl ]

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm deleting entries that are obviously fictional, just FYI.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it took some doing, but I actually got mine in the correct town without giving away my true zip code. Of course, I had to make an account to do it. What an unexpected pain this turned out to be.

Edit:
quote:
While you're at it, you can remove the "Verily the Younger" entry for Brooklyn, NY. That was my failed attempt to move my entry before I realized you had to actually sign up before you could move anything.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
How do I delete photos?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Verily, it is done.

Blacwolve, I don't think that people have the ability to delete their own photos. I can delete yours for you if you'd like.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

- posted      Profile for Sm34rZ           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, cool site.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Can you just delete the one of me that's sideways? Thanks!
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I'm glad my pin is way off. Utility people tend to get home visits and nasty phone calls when the lights go out...
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:

Now I have to explain why I was laughing at Hamson. His location was somewhere in Michigan, but the pin was in Antarctica.

If you have an account, you can delete your own picture.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

How?
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

Click on your name in the upper left of the page. Then find the tab/link that's called "My Photos" and click on it. It should show you your photos with a "Delete" button under each.

--Mel

blacwolve
Member # 2972

Ah, that was depressingly easy. Thanks!
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

You're welcome, and don't be depressed. They seem to still be fiddling with the site's layout, because it was different a few days ago. It still isn't completely intuitive, although it's better than it was.

--Mel

Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think what really bothers me is not the cold canned food I have every morning for breakfast, but the extremely long ethernet cable I have to drag everywhere I go.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh smitty, I wouldn't come visit in the snow! I'll wait till july, then get revenge [Evil]

Actually my grandpa worked for 30 years for IPL so I've always been taught to be very patient.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Hey, Hamson, do me a favor and cut it out, eh?
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, there are 2 hatrackers in Alaska!
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Farmgirl, I just saw your post from a couple of days ago.

I know! If you'd told me a year ago that I'd not only be placing my name and face on a Hatrack map, but would be doing it on a map that I'd created, I'd probably have laughed at you.

The change has to do with a lot of things, being single again not least among them.

smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Lucy, I'm glad there are a few patient people left! My grandpa was a lineman too, I think at IPL as well, but I can't remember. You would think my parents would be a little more understanding!

Wow, look at the nice cluster of people in Southern Indiana! Hoosiers Rock!

Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, and that's even distorted, there are quite a few more (raia, fugu, alcon, allegra, jt stryker, some that don't post much anymore), that all joined because of each other.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I "pinned" myself ... guess I'm the only one in Jacksonville!
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.