FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who can tell me, without looking... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who can tell me, without looking...
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
Maui, my mom made a pretty big deal about the age thing to, but it was better because in elementary school I got out at 3:15 and I was born at 4 something, so I got my presents as soon as my dad got home (around 4)
Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citadel
Member # 8367

- posted      Profile for citadel   Email citadel         Edit/Delete Post 
I was born on Saturday.

Just for fun I built a web page that generates a calendar for any year.
Free Calendar Lookup

Check it out!

Posts: 89 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.T.
Member # 8665

- posted      Profile for K.T.   Email K.T.         Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday...And 11th was a Tuesday.

Blithe= The last name of Gilbert in Anne of Green Gables!

Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I was born on Monday. I know for sure because I was actually born on Labor Day (which is always a Monday), but just to be sure I checked a calendar from 1984 and I was right.

Edit to tell citadel, that his calendar is off by a day at least for 1984.

Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Blythe = The last name of Gilbert in Anne of Green Gables. :B
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday (had to look it up)
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
No clue whatsoever. I don't think I've ever thought about it, or ever been told.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday. And I always knew that because of the rhyme.

I was also always jealous of my little brother who was born on a Sunday.

Has anyone here read the Polly and the Wolf kid's stories?

The Wolf had an alternate birth-day poem which I always liked.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I was born on a Sunday.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
NO clue
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday, prime time.

or so I'm told. I should go check.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, wrong. Monday.

But I'm sure it was during prime time. I'm pretty sure of this because every time I complained about missing some show when I was little, my mom would tell me that I was born DURING PRIME TIME and she had to miss her favorite show for me!

[Wink]

I'm pretty sure she was just trying to make a point.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday, I think.

I mean, my twenty-first is on a Thursday, so...

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, it was a Saturday. But I do remember that it was sixteen minutes after the hour on March 16th. [Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that's a toughie.

No idea.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife was born on Friday.

The 13th.

Which is the only reason I remember.

I had no idea what day I was born on until I went to the Rain Man site.

My Mother in Law was also born on friday the 13th, but not in the same month as my wife.

For an odd coincidence:

I have the same birthday as my Aunt Ruth.

Her son has the same birthday as my son.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
"Tuesday's child is full of grace."

When I was growing up, at the point where there were five kids capable of saying grace, we were each given the day of the week we were born on. Counting my mom and dad, we had each day of the week covered.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
No idea. My guess: Friday.

Correct answer: Thursday.

Checked on my computer clock thingy.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday.

I only know this because my dad remarked that my brothers were also born on Tuesdays, and he thought it was strange.

My daughter was also born on a Tuesday.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
When I called to check, Mommy said we were in order by reverse age. Dad, the oldest, was born on Friday, then Mom on Saturday, Dana on Sunday, me on Monday and Brian on Tuesday. Kinda weird.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zarex
Member # 8504

- posted      Profile for Zarex   Email Zarex         Edit/Delete Post 
Monday, October 13, 1986. At 1:13 P.M. (No I didn't need to check.)

It's always fun when my birthday fall on friday the thirteenth though.

Posts: 250 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BGgurl
Member # 8541

- posted      Profile for BGgurl   Email BGgurl         Edit/Delete Post 
No idea
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by citadel:
I was born on Saturday.

Just for fun I built a web page that generates a calendar for any year.
Free Calendar Lookup

Check it out!

Your calendar is wrong for 1973 at least...
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Audeo, we're three days apart! I'm excited because I don't know anyone so close to me in age.
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday. And I know this because we used to discuss it often.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Monday, and although I remembered correctly, I double-checked it before posting. I probably wouldn't have posted that I was wrong had I been.

My eleventh birthday was on a Sunday. Ha.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday. I had a suspicion it might be, but I didn't really know.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday. And like Dawnmaria, my daughter was too.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
No idea.

Checking.... Thursday says the Raymond's webpage. Saturday says my calendar app. Saturday says my computer's date and time preferences. Raymond's webpage is wrong.

And what do you know, my 11th birthday was on a Saturday too. So was my 17th and 28th. And my 34th will be when I have it.

I don't know if I work hard for a living. I sit in a chair all day staring at a computer screen, often slouching so bad I should get a recliner (I've caught myself with my mid back the only thing on the seat...).

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Weds. I thought so before trying both Gaal's suggestion of 11 years and Val's link, both of which confirmed it.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't know without checking.

Born on a Friday. Straight into the weekend. [Wink]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday, sure of it.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday

(I know the time I was born too, 12:24 PM. I really like my bday because it's 4/24/84 at 12:24)

[ December 04, 2005, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: kojabu ]

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday, but I had to look it up.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fairly sure I was born on a Tuesday. I also know that I was born at 12:20am.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I was born on a Friday the thirteenth.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no clue. Sunday? I think in the middle of the night, too. But I'm not sure.

*looks at baby book* Oops. 5:41 p.m. Dinner time, not the middle of the night. [Blushing]

The Rain Man site says it was a Sunday, so at least I was right about that! [Smile]

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno. Monday, I think.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I checked. I was right.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, but for some reason I'm inclined to guess Tuesday.

And for some reaons my computer's clock/calendar won't let me set it earlier than 1980 to check! I must be too old.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
"Monday, and although I remembered correctly, I double-checked it before posting. I probably wouldn't have posted that I was wrong had I been.

My eleventh birthday was on a Sunday. Ha."

Was your birthday or 11th birthday on a leap year?

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday.

EDIT:

quote:
Does anyone else know if their 11th birthday was on the same day that they were born on?
Nope. 11th birthday was on Wednesday, according to aforelinked "Rain Man".
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Friday baby, as Hoffman kindly confirmed.

Let's see . . . I recall Friday kids are supposed to grow up to be party people, and Monday babies are passive-agressive . . .

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday for me
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Wednesday.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday

(and no, I didn't have to look it up - I just read the first post of the thread and posted)

(EDIT: like KQ says above - we talked about this type of thing off and on in my family)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday. I remember because I always felt slighted by the nursery rhyme:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto to Scott R.'s post.

Also Rainman confirms:

quote:
That was a Wednesday... yeah definitely Wednesday.

Wednesday is fish sticks, green lime jello for dessert.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.