FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is my egg nog bad? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is my egg nog bad?
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if they have Eggbeaters nog, but I make a very nice egg nog with All Whites, another egg whites only egg product which I find tastier than Eggbeaters. (It's definitely not a cholesterol free nog, though. Salmonella possibly lurking in raw eggs makes me nervous, which is why I use it.)

Oh, and my general policy on dairy products is that if it looks, smells and tastes okay, I eat it, regardless of any dates on the packaging. And I am please to report that neither or nor any member of my family has ever gotten sick because of it.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, were you being facetious about the rum, or is it not imported to the US?

I want some.

Some friends brought back some dark Jamaican rum, and it was heavenly.

So, if the rum you mentiond is not available, do you have any other suggestions?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not available legally in the US.

You'll just have to visit Florida to try it.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.