FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I want to go home from work now. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I want to go home from work now.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't go to class in pajama pants, but I DO go in the sweatshirt I slept in. I roll out of bed and put on pants.

I say, they're lucky I bothered to wear pants.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I counted the other day - I have 46 pairs of shoes. That includes hiking boots, twenty pairs of heels, rock-climing shoes and three pairs of sneakers, but still.

I would love to have dinner or something, KQ. Do you want to e-mail me later?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind nylons, although I hardly ever am in a situation where I have to wear them.

And by "neckties" you mean just plain old "ties" right? That you'd wear with a suit?

Necktie sounds so quaint.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

They are worn with a waistcoat.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, Jeff is still trying to figure out what night we're supposed to be doing what. I'll e-mail you. And you have Jeff's current cell, right?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I don't think I do, unless it is on my e-mail somewhere. Could you send it again?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
46 seems reasonable, that's about what I have, I don't have any rock climbing shoes or hiking boots though. I can hike in one of my riding boots. 20 pairs of heels sounds fun. I only have 6.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,when you are hiking in the mountains and the snow is deep, nylons under your long johns, under your wool trousers are the only way to go. I definitely recommend them.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband told me that some soldiers wear nylons under their socks to minimize blisters when they have to do a lot of walking. It makes sense, but it also made me giggle to think of burly army guys wearing nylons.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I was sorting the family socks from the laundry and it occurred to me that it would be really great if someone would come up with disposable socks that you could wear and toss and not have to sort out in the wash.

Then I realized that is what nylon stockings are.

What a crummy idea!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I wash my nylons at least 10 times a pair before they fall apart. That is, if they don't get runs. And since I take them off right after church, most of them don't until at least 5 or 6 wears. Not bad considering that I get the 59 cent a pair knee-highs from Rite Aid.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, and Katie, I'll put his cell in the e-mail.
Princesska
Member # 8954

- posted      Profile for Princesska           Edit/Delete Post 
If I've shaved my legs, I don't feel the need for nylons. And if I haven't, I'll just wear nice pants. Problem solved. I don't feel the need for my bare legs to look tan, since the rest of me is pale anyway.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Pshaw. Only the foreigners shave their legs here, and not even always then. The local women never do, and I'm telling you, they've got hairy legs.

I no longer feel obligated. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I only wear nylons when my mom makes me, but during the summer I almost always wear sandals with skirts. I will wear fishnets or colored tights. My favorites are nude fishnets, they're gorgeous and comfy, plus they're warmer than nothing.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.