FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » According to this person Mormons are evil... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: According to this person Mormons are evil...
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the guys on this site posted the following:

quote:
As to Mormons, there is a primary contention between Christianity as a whole and Mormon beliefs. Every denomination of Christianity, from the Catholics to the Evangelicals, the Baptists to the Lutherans, all believe in the divinity of Christ. Even the word Christian -- A Christian is like an American, we are members in the Body of Christ. Yet Mormon belief puts forward that we are not members in the Body of Christ, but rather this Jesus character was actually the Archangel Michael pretending to be this Jesus character.
I don't know where the poster got this idea but it couldn't be further from the truth. In 40+ years of being Mormon I've never heard anything like it from either Mormons or anti-Mormons. If you are going to take the effort to slander some ones religions, you should at least make an effort to get the facts believable.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, it's a lot easier to make up facts and statistics. The target audience (ie, gullible people) never bother to check.
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yet Mormon belief puts forward that we are not members in the Body of Christ, but rather this Jesus character was actually the Archangel Michael pretending to be this Jesus character.
Damn those Mormons for their unholy emphasis on obscure and incomprehensible theological arguments that they don't actually have. Damn them to hell.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. Jacare posted. What's up, oh wise Cayman?
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well this thread got trainwreched pretty quickly.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whoa. Jacare posted. What's up, oh wise Cayman?
Hey Pat. That's CAIMAN. I still post on Hatrack every now and then, if I am bored enough at work.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

Yeah, Yeah. Cayman, Alligator, whatever.

I'm actively resisting getting sucked back in.

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, if you're having to actively resist it's already to late for you Pat. It's time for somebody to make an official "Welcome Back Pat!" thread.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

No. I forbid it.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd settle for 11 to 6 with a mandatory nap!
That's fine. A 19 hour work day, 6 days a week will be adequate, unless I decide I don't like you.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
You, too? Sad again, now.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
human_2.0 = 8 + 21 + 13 + 1 + 4 + _ ( = -2) + 2 + . ( = 1) + 0 = 48

evil = 5 + 22 + 9 + 12 = 48

Therefore human_2.0 = evil [Evil]

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pat:
I'm actively resisting getting sucked back in.

I always knew you were a pansy.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, Hatrack doesn't suck.

You suck.

I wanted to make sure that you didn't forget.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As to Mormons, there is a primary contention between Christianity as a whole and Mormon beliefs. Every denomination of Christianity, from the Catholics to the Evangelicals, the Baptists to the Lutherans, all believe in the divinity of Christ. Even the word Christian -- A Christian is like an American, we are members in the Body of Christ. Yet Mormon belief puts forward that we are not members in the Body of Christ, but rather this Jesus character was actually the Archangel Michael pretending to be this Jesus character.
Someone's confused. Isn't that something similar (if a twisted and editorialized version) to the Jehovah's Witness view of Christ?

I've had people who, when I informed them I was Mormon, started asking me questions as if they thought I was amish.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

quote:
Originally posted by Taalcon:
quote:
Yet Mormon belief puts forward that we are not members in the Body of Christ, but rather this Jesus character was actually the Archangel Michael pretending to be this Jesus character.
Someone's confused. Isn't that something similar (if a twisted and editorialized version) to the Jehovah's Witness view of Christ?
Brigham Young said (in the Journal of Discourses) something that could be interpreted to mean what that poster said. Nobody believes that is what it means though.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

And actually, I thought that poster was going to say something like:

Mormons aren't considered Christian because they don't believe in the Trinity.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Taalcon:

I've had people who, when I informed them I was Mormon, started asking me questions as if they thought I was amish.

Oh! I love that! I admire you people and your Mormon quilts and horses and buggies! And did you make that charming bonnet yourself?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When the film 'the Witness' hit theaters in Italy, they translated 'Amish' into 'Mormon.'

[Smile]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, something new came up in the thread, you may wanna check it out.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
Pat, Hatrack doesn't suck.

You suck.

I wanted to make sure that you didn't forget.

Your mom goes to college.
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
Still looks like a bunch of people being apoplecticly bent on condemning each other and the world to me.

I used to have a similar attitude, I hope I have changed enough to be able to appreciate why another equally inteligent individual can hold beliefs completely different from my own.

In regards to the last poster thirddensity, what he is talking about there is not LDS doctrine, rather what seems to be a personal expansion of general beliefs that are held by many who IMHO are trying to get to the calculus before having mastered long division. By that I mean I have heard vaguely similar discussions, but it remains speculatory expansion of scant information quite unrelated to core church doctrines.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Your mom goes to college.
[ROFL]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.