FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The sexiest song in the world... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The sexiest song in the world...
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
is clearly "Deep" by Nine Inch Nails. Others come close, but they cannot surpass this song.

What do you guys think?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I Want You Now- Depeche Mode
One Caress-Depeche Mode

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Carmina Burana
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Wicked Game - Chris Isaac

(Well at least it's a damn sexy video)

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
De Cara A La Pared, by Lhasa.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I think the sexiest video I've seen so far is Maroon5 - "This Love." And then MTV ruined it by throwing in those falling flowers in the racy scenes. That makes me a sad panda.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Lick, by Joi
Pretty When You Cry, VAST

Although I Want You Now was on the top of my list for a long time.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What do you guys think?
I'll listen to it and let you know.

Added: Okay. Listened. You might also find Temptation, by the Tea Party, similarly suitable.

[ January 02, 2006, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
I think the sexiest video I've seen so far is Maroon5 - "This Love." And then MTV ruined it by throwing in those falling flowers in the racy scenes. That makes me a sad panda.

-pH

The song just happens to be the most annoyingly vacuous and pointless peice of complete and utter trash ever produced. But the video is pretty good [Big Grin]

Sexiest song ever is "Red House" by Muddy Waters, Sexiest version is the Hendrix one

And less we forget "Vd is for everybody"
That old psa that has become a cult classic dvd

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I keep hearing that the Hendrix blues album is an excellent record to which to have sex. Red House is on it -- two separate versions, actually. Having purchased it yesterday, I haven't had time to test this, but my first listen suggests it may well be the case. I can also tell that it's going to be awesome to play guitar along with. [Big Grin]

There's a distinction, however, between being sexy and being good background music for sex. Some of the songs I find sexy -- notably Philosopher Kings stuff, You Don't Love Me (Like You Used To) and Oleo -- might not make good sex music.

Added: The video for You Don't Love Me (Like You Used To) is the sexiest music video I've ever seen. I didn't know snails could be sexy, but it's incredible.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

*thinks* Other songs I like include:

Orgy - "Stitches (Hardknocks remix)"
Deftones - "Change (In the House of Flies)"
And that song from the Queen of the Damned soundtrack that goes, "We'll be fine. Then your body will be mine."

I'll have to look through my CDs. I thought I'd made a Napster playlist of those kinds of songs, but I can't find it now.

-pH

Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Twinky-

What is the distinction between playing your guitar along with Hendrix, and having sex?

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Pearce, "System" is the name of the song you're thinking about. Sung by Chester Bennington of Linkin Park.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"What is the distinction between playing your guitar along with Hendrix, and having sex?"

Having sex ticks off the groundskeeper.

[ January 03, 2006, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boogashaga
Member # 8881

- posted      Profile for boogashaga   Email boogashaga         Edit/Delete Post 
Sexiest song would have to be "Strangers In The Night," as recorded by Frank Sinatra. Best song to make love to(not to have sex to,OK--note the distinction) would have to be "Consuela's Love Theme," as recorded by Chuck Mangione ("Children Of Sanchez" album). Best song to have sex to--perhaps, "Bochawa" or maybe "Weird Song," as recorded by Chase
Posts: 101 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

A lot of girls I know like "Tautou" by Brand New. It doesn't really do it for me. Too...slow? I don't know. But the whole song is this guy singing, "I'm sinking like a stone in the sea. I'm burning like a bridge for your body."

-pH

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
"Absolute C*** of a Day" - Kevin Bloody Wilson.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
Where is some Martin Denny when you need him [Smile]

http://www.google.com/musica?aid=R0kEddE4PwI&oi=musicr

Yeah baby!

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
"Bloodletting" - Concrete Blond

"Spiderman" - The Cure (really, really good)

"Tainted Love" - Marilyn Manson version

Basically, anything thats sexy to dance to is sexy to...well, dance to, in my world.
"Du Haust", by Ramstein(sp?) is ridiculously sexy to me.

Although, "Deep" is actually a little bit TOO gratuitiously sexy for me to really get into it. I like a little more subtlety. They play it all the time at the goth club I go dancing at, and watching all the guys clear the floor so they can watch from the sidelines as the girls try their damndest to be sexy is kind of annoying.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

Stargazer Lily - either The Train Song (especially when performed live...sweet majamba bamba) or Can't Handle It

Sade - Darn near anything, as long as you've got the bass up

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You

David Grey - This Year's Love

Anita Kelsey - Sway (from the scence in Dark City where Jennifer Connelly is playing a lounge singer)

Bic Runga - Sway (different song)

Melissa Ferrick - Drive (yeah, it's a lesbian song, but still)

John Legend - If I had to pick, I'd say Live It Up

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

To me, "Deep" is about as blatantly sexual as you can get without being over-the-top. "Closer" is sexy to listen to, but I think were I actually, you know, in that kind of a position, it would make me giggle a lot. The atmosphere of the song usually makes it sexier than the lyrics, but the lyrics can be sexy, too. Snow Patrol have some really sexy lyrics.

In that remix of Stitches I mentioned, Jay Gordon sings, "Touching you is strange and adored by me throughout. Oh no, it's you again." And then it gets quiet, and he makes this little gasping noise that makes me melt.

I'm a sucker for songs that have those kinds of sounds in them. One of the reasons I loved Endo's second CD so much is because of the sounds that come out of that man's mouth.

-pH

jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
"Hey Pretty" Poe
"The World Is Not Enough" Garbage

There are songs that make me want to have sex, songs that make me feel sexy, and songs that make me want to have sex with whoever is singing them. Totally different feelings.

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
songs that make me want to have sex with whoever is singing them.
That made me giggle. Oh, and I also hate it when people sing for me. I remember one time, I was at a concert, and while they were playing my favorite of their songs (a song that is very guhh-worthy), the lead singer came up to the edge of the stage, grabbed the side of my face, and sang while looking directly into my eyes, very close to me. It was cool, but I didn't know what to do with myself. It's much worse if I know the person well. I get really, really embarassed.

-pH

TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Wicked Game wins.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
le petit mort
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
Oh, and I also hate it when people sing for me. I remember one time, I was at a concert, and while they were playing my favorite of their songs (a song that is very guhh-worthy), the lead singer came up to the edge of the stage, grabbed the side of my face, and sang while looking directly into my eyes, very close to me. It was cool, but I didn't know what to do with myself. It's much worse if I know the person well. I get really, really embarassed.

-pH

I like when people sing to me [Razz] Not if they are bad though. That's no good.

What is "guhh"??

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the Great Gig in the Sky ...

But sexy?

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Guhhh is my description of something that is very, extremely, melt-to-a-puddle-on-the-floor sexy, in the way that makes you forget the English language.

-pH

LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
The song that makes me melt is Tim McGraw's She's My Kind Of Rain.

I love the imagery and I can close my eyes and listen to it over and over gain.

The above link is an audio.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
And for me, classic Buddy Guy: Feels Like Rain

[Edited to add: here's the link with audio clips.

I love you, Buddy! [Cool] ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a toss-up between "Hungry Like The Wolf" (Duran Duran) and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" (Meatloaf). It's not just the lyrics; it's the performance.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, the sexiest song is the one that has the best feelings associated with it. So, personally, that would be "Chorshat HaEkaliptus", even though that song is not inherently sexy.

But for pure bedroom music, nothing beats Barry White. That voice! I just sets all your naughty parts a-vibrating!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff Buckley-Everybody Here Wants You
Akino Arai-Ai no Ondo

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
For me, the sexiest song is the one that has the best feelings associated with it. So, personally, that would be "Chorshat HaEkaliptus", even though that song is not inherently sexy.

But for pure bedroom music, nothing beats Barry White. That voice! I just sets all your naughty parts a-vibrating!

Barry White was ruined for me permanently due to Ally McBeal. <sigh>
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought about saying "Dueling Banjos", but figured I'd be called a deviant [Razz] Sarah McLachlan's voice, for some reason, just does it for me. It doesn't matter what she's singing.
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
What is the distinction between playing your guitar along with Hendrix, and having sex?

I've started to answer this several times now, but I'm still not sure I'm clear on what you're asking. There's a lot of Hendrix material (and indeed rock in general) that I love to play guitar over but wouldn't dream of having sex to. There's a lot of music that I'd have sex to but probably wouldn't play guitar over (electronica like Orbital and Chicane, for instance)... and of course that doesn't mean that I find the music itself sexy.

The distinction, I guess, is that playing along to music requires more focus on the music than "sexing along" does... because of course a person requires a bit more attention than a musical instrument. [Wink] There's a lot less give and take with an instrument.

Added: Also, I think blues is sexier, overall, than most other categories of music (in other words, it has less non-sexy stuff in it than most other categories). I suppose this is because a lot of blue stereotypes are sexy. [Smile]

kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Blues. Absolutely.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
that would be "Chorshat HaEkaliptus"
ROFLMAO.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Not really sexy, but I really like the Mindless Self Indulgence "Shut Me Up" video. And I guess it was directed by that Invader Zim guy whose name I can't spell.

I like my coffee black, just like my metal.

If anyone can find a non-Myspace link for this one, that would be cool. I haven't been able to do so.

-pH

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorites: Crosby Stills and Nash - Dark Star. I don't know why, it just is.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my, someone else besides me likes MSI?

Another link to the video, the one you posted hates me.

The Invader Zim guy, do you mean Jhonen Vasquez?

Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Yes, him. I am incapable of spelling his name, and thus I gave up long ago.

Edit: For those of you who are offended by profanity, the second link is edited.

-pH

foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" (Meatloaf).

Oh god, I have horrible memories set to this song. A cousin of mine had this as her de-gartering and first dance song for her wedding. ::shudder:: Oh, the horror of hillbilly New Hampshire weddings. If I recall correctly, the toast was done with Coors light.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe not the sexiest, but definitely in this category: Dave Matthews - Crash into me.

"You wear nothing
But you wear it so well" [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Let You Down-Dave Matthews
It suggests candy lights, dark steamy roooms and a large bath tub surrounded by red candles

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The Minute Waltz--But they have medication for that.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

[ROFL]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by smitty:

Sarah McLachlan's voice, for some reason, just does it for me. It doesn't matter what she's singing.

Yeah, I'm going with "Possession," at least as songs I'd like to have sung to me are concerned.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
"My Humps" clearly represents all that is good and true about love, relationships, and sexuality.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.