FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Monitor Lizard Seige - now with pictures! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Monitor Lizard Seige - now with pictures!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
quote:
Oh but wait she's LDS so yes [35 is] grandmother aged for us.
Don't tell my mom that. She's forty-six, and she's still at least a couple years away from being a grandmother.
[Big Grin]

(posted in August of 2003)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetbaboo:
quid, if one of those lizards have a difficult time getting out of your backyard, how in the heck do they get on the roof? They look too big to climb trees very easily.

They manage, probably with their incredible nails. See this pic of the lizard climbing straight up a brick & concrete wall, and another one, from a previous seige, where he's climbing straight up the wall.

From the site that sarcare provided a link to:

quote:
Even large adults can ascend vertical tree trunks with ease
Given what I've seen of them climbing vertical walls, I believe it.

I think it took so long getting out because

a. it was stunned when it fell off the roof, and then the walls when it tried climbing up and fell down a few times.

b. there were no obvious ways out that it could find. Remember, it had previously found an escape route through our house and that exit was no longer available.

But that's just me guessing. [Big Grin]

rivka - [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.