FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Now with pictures - Announcement from mph and Beverly (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Now with pictures - Announcement from mph and Beverly
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[repost]

He's here!

That's right. Mr_porteiro_head and Beverly are excited to announce the birth of their fourth child, Hyrum [middle name to be determined, but probably not Graff]. He was born at 8:18 Saturday night and is a gigantic premie at 6 lb. 2 oz, 19 inches.

Mother and son are doing fabulously. They're doing all sorts of tests on Hy because he's a preemie, but he's very strong and we'll probably be able to take him home after 48 hours.

It came very suddenly and realatively easily. She only had one big push and the baby shot out of there like a cork in a pop gun. He didn't even have time to get a cone head or a squished face.

If I were in 9th grade, this would be a concluding paragraph. I'd probably even repeat my thesis statement.

[ January 09, 2006, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

Congratulations, and welcome to the world, Hyrum!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Porter and Bev!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel Tov!

Any chance of pictures?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] !!Congratulations!! [Party]

quote:
If I were in 9th grade, this would be a concluding paragraph. I'd probably even repeat my thesis statement.
[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
A big warm welcome to Hyrum, and congrats!
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, now I see this. It's too bad he couldn't wait another 13 days, then he'd share my birthday, but I'll make him a hat anyway [Wink] .
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!! [Big Grin] Welcome to the world, Hyrum!
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hyrum!

quote:
It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "my brother is exalted."

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome, I'm glad he is doing so well. Here's hoping he comes home very soon and you start a wonderful life together. [Smile]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Good work, mom and dad - and welcome to the world, Hyrum!

Babies are so wonderful. *happy smile*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats.

And a happy zeroeth birthday to Hyrum.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel Tov! I thrilled that mother and son are healthy.

6 lb. 2 oz, 19 inches is just not a preemie to me. Is he even in the NICU?

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james01
Member # 8863

- posted      Profile for james01   Email james01         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for babies!
Posts: 153 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, mph and Bev!
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
A lady in my old ward had a 12 pound preemie on her last pregnancy. I think she had gestational diabetes. He was huge, but still had underdeveloped lungs.

Yay for Hyrum!

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs M. I'm guessing he's considered a premie because he was due on Valentines, even if he is almost to term.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That is very cool! Congrats to you and yours! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! That's fantastic!!! [Big Grin] !!!
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and welcome to the world Hyrum!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Party]

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the due date was correct?

(I was born 19 days late, and my brother was born a whole month AND 18 days late. His due date was off a month, we think, but the doctor refused to admit he was wrong.)

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] [Hat] Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo! Go Bev and MPH!

So, have you decided on a Hatrack name for Hyrum so we can talk to him? [Wink]

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm so glad he's doing okay! I freaked out when I read the other thread...

Congratulations. And I'm glad bev is fine, too. Give her lots of love and ketchup from me. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Very exciting news, indeed.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooorayyyyyyy!!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn sticky thread! I have spent the past few minutes trying to find it!

Congrats, P and B!!!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah! [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome news!
[Party]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Congradulations!
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

(And pictures?!)

[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I meant that such a big preemie doesn't seem to even be a preemie to me, the mother of a micro-preemie. [Smile] I'm guessing that the baby is about 36 weeks - they send babies over 35 weeks to the newborn nursery here.

I'm happy about the baby and I'm also happy that beverly didn't have to be on bedrest, which is called pregnancy prison for a reason.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
So happy for you -- welcome to the world, Hyrum!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! And I love the name you chose! Congratulations!!!
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh happy day. Congrats to you and Beverly on the new addition. Is Hyrum the first Hatrack baby of the new year? Cool.

Hi Hy-rum!

Sorry, I tried to resist.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "my brother is exalted."
I know, which is awesome considering the fact that he's partially named for Hyrum Smith, the brother of Joseph Smith.

BTW, we have a middle name. Elwin. It is a version of the name Alvin (another brother of Joseph Smith), and it means elf friend.

quote:
6 lb. 2 oz, 19 inches is just not a preemie to me. Is he even in the NICU?
No, he's not in the NICU. He's doing fabulously. His blood sugar is staying up, he's nursing from Bev, and everything is set for him to come home tomorrow night.

No, the due date wasn't right. The hospitals weren't talking to each other correctly. The most correct ultrasound (and therefore the most accurate) had him at Feb. 5th. That means he was just four weeks before his due date, which means only one week premature.

quote:
So, have you decided on a Hatrack name for Hyrum so we can talk to him?
Yes. Since Beverly isn't here, and cannot contradict me, I decree it to be Xerxes. That means that the internet names for our kids are Mario, Peach, Care Bear, and Xerxes.

quote:
(And pictures?!)
Soon.

quote:
I meant that such a big preemie doesn't seem to even be a preemie to me, the mother of a micro-preemie. [Smile] I'm guessing that the baby is about 36 weeks - they send babies over 35 weeks to the newborn nursery here.
Yup. 36 weeks it was.

And for what it's worth, he is so much smaller than our earlier kids that he feels like a preemie to us.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it Bev who was saying she usually had big babies?

I guess Hyrum would have been a welcome change after all the big ones!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Yeah, our smallest one before this was 8 lb. 6 oz.

The last one was 9 lb. 7 oz, and she did that natural. [Angst]

R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
My heartiest congratulations! Sounds like he's doing very well, and I hope and trust Bev is as well. My little one was born at 36 weeks too but as I had eclampsia and the placenta wasn't functioning correctly, she was only 5 pounds, 18 inches. I'm thrilled for your family and like everyone else, looking forward to the pictures.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Congrats! And welcome to the world, Hyrum!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]

Btw, how old are your other children, if you don't mind me asking? I just saw this is your fourth, and was wondering about it...

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We were joking that bev's body probably said, "No more big babies! This one is old enough to be safe, get him out before he hurts me!" [Wink] I'm glad he's happy and well. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, MPH! [The Wave] I have 4 too ... and immediately knew that was my limit. [Big Grin]

My oldest's middle name is Hyrum - I was teaching SS (Church History) at the time. My books said it meant "noble one", though, not "my brother is exalted". That's pretty cool.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to the happy couple! [Big Grin] Hope both mother, son, and proud papa are doing well.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:

My oldest's middle name is Hyrum - I was teaching SS (Church History) at the time. My books said it meant "noble one", though, not "my brother is exalted". That's pretty cool.

Especially is you happen to be Hyrum's brother. [Big Grin]
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Pictures?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rember
Member # 8273

- posted      Profile for Rember   Email Rember         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Hy!
Posts: 216 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forensicgeek
Member # 8430

- posted      Profile for forensicgeek           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.