FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Megan (a mayfly, unless I forget, or unless the thread somehow evolves (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey Megan (a mayfly, unless I forget, or unless the thread somehow evolves
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd think that too, JT, if I didn't know him. As it is, though, I'm pretty sure that he's just taking his time. In his defense, he does have a relatively new baby at home, so he has a good excuse for being distracted.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, you should check out We Love Katamari on gamefaqs.com. I found it to be most helpful. [Big Grin]

The original game has very similar gameplay, although I think it's worth playing just for the complete silliness of the king's speeches. They're funny in We Love Katamari, but they're MUCH funnier in the original game (though I actually like gameplay on the second game better).

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Blocked from work, I'm afraid. I'll check it out from home tonight though.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Woo-hoo! He brought it in! I'll mess around with it this weekend and make sure everything works, and we can go from there, ElJay.
Noemon
Member # 1115

By the way Megan, thanks for the link. The FAQ on We Love Katamari is invaluable.
Megan
Member # 5290

No problem. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Fabulous. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

You know, it's funny about gamefaqs--Jim accuses me of "cheating" and says things like, "Wouldn't you enjoy the game more if you did it on your own?" I say, though, let me have fun my way, and you have fun your way. [Big Grin]
Noemon
Member # 1115

I shipped it, ElJay. Shipping was $13. It should be on your doorstep Monday or Tuesday.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Nifty! Thanks, Jake. I'll get a check out to you post-haste. [Big Grin]

I got a 27" TV off Craig's List for $75, it's way bigger than I expected, but should be nice to play games on. Enigmatic stopped over and helped me carry it upstairs. And I picked up a copy of Katamari Damacy last weekend. So I'm all set to go!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] Sounds good. That's great about the TV; sounds perfect for game playing. I'll have to get Katamari Damacy soon. I've pretty much sucked the marrow from We Love Katamari's bones, but I still want to roll up more stuff!
ElJay
Member # 6358

Since I've played a little of each before, I figured I'd start with Damacy and roll up everything possible there before getting We <3. [Smile] Although I was tempted, since GameStop had them both.
Noemon
Member # 1115

I would like to have a level in which you start off so small that you're picking up pushpins and stuff, and by the end of the level are picking up continents (The only level We Love Katamari has that approaches that starts you off with a full 1 meter katamari).

Anything like that available in the first one, do you know?

Megan
Member # 5290

The first one has an "infinity" level, I think, but I've never actually played the first game to its conclusion. I should buy it and see...you know, as a scientific experiement! For the good of the community! Yeah! That's it! [Big Grin]
Noemon
Member # 1115

It would be quite selfless of you, wouldn't it?
ElJay
Member # 6358

I don't know, I jusy played around with the first one a bit, never got too far in. But I'll let you know if I find one, if you don't go ahead and buy it before then. [Wink]
Megan
Member # 5290

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
It would be quite selfless of you, wouldn't it?

Oh, it would, it really would! [Big Grin]

Anyway, I say buy the first game so you get to experience the bizarre language of it, which is sadly lacking in the second.

Woo! Tangent!

[Wink]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey, your name is in the thread title, I think you can tangent as much as you want. </enabler>
Megan
Member # 5290

That's actually a quote from the first game. [Big Grin]
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Hey, your name is in the thread title, I think you can tangent as much as you want. </enabler>
And given that I'm the thread starter and I actively encourage thread derailment as a general practice, I say "go nuts".
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
That's actually a quote from the first game.
And it's now the title for a playlist I just put together for myself, because I was looking for something random, and that quote was the first such thing I saw that appealed.
Megan
Member # 5290

[Big Grin]

Exxxxcellent.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.