FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spider-Man's new costume. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spider-Man's new costume.
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
quid - no, both you and I posted those threads, about Fahim and Tzadik. So what they have in common is foreign wives who moved across the world to be with them (and posted about it on Hatrack). Though not quite in identical ways, I'll grant. And they both speak, like, five languages.
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Eeeew, ugly. I really think they should have just updated his traditional suit, made it more modern but kept the cool spider-web-idea and the red.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. It won't last. It never does. He'll go through trials and tribulations and at some point he'll reach into a closet or a bag or a garbage can or something and they will be a full page, possibly a double page spread of Spidey in his old duds.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Is this suit going to appear in the JMS continuity or the Ultimate continuity?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
JMS. It's part of "Civil War" the upcoming Marvel mega-epic-this-time-we-REALLY-mean-the-internet-will-split-in-HALF crossover.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"I don't see why everyone's so attached to the costume. Comics, by their very nature, are transient and subject to change."

Underwear...by their very nature...are subject to change.

Some of the various Spiderman costumes. And PeterParker had several more costumed identities.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
I think that the standard blue-red Spider-Man costume is one of the lamest superhero costumes around.

To be fair, there are a lot of lame superhero costumes. I always hated the blue-and-yellow X-Men costumes.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lissande:
quid - no, both you and I posted those threads, about Fahim and Tzadik. So what they have in common is foreign wives who moved across the world to be with them (and posted about it on Hatrack). Though not quite in identical ways, I'll grant. And they both speak, like, five languages.

You know I'm going to have to hunt down your thread now, right? [Razz] (I hate having an awful memory!)
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fahim
Member # 5482

- posted      Profile for Fahim   Email Fahim         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
Some of the various Spiderman costumes. And PeterParker had several more costumed identities.

Thanks for the ride down memory lane aspectre [Smile] That page made me remember some great moments from Spidey history [Razz] Of course, there were all the non-Spider-man outfits from the period when the four spider books were split off into four different characters - Ricochet is the only one I remember. I guess those don't even count since Peter wasn't Spider-man ...
Posts: 136 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Lissande, the Hatrack search function isn't working for me today. [Frown] I'll try again later, but if you have a linky, feel free to post it. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
quid, imagine my surprise to look it up and not find it! Turns out I gave it another title at the last minute and used the Dear Hatrack as a subtitle on the inside. Sorry [Smile]

Proving My Mother Wrong

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Thanks, Lissande, for the link. [Razz]
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the Wiki on the 'House of M' storyline.

Sheesh. Wolverine saves the day again.

I hate stupid Wolverine.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Funny how the Scarlet Witch has been crazy for years and years...and no one noticed, eh?

Bendis -loves- Wolverine.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved me some Bendis, at first. I still love the Ultimate Spider-Man series, and Powers.

But does everything he writes have to a) include Spider-Man, Wolverine, Power Man, and Daredevil, b) expose someone's identity, and c) shatter some portion of the Marvel Universe? It's gotten so whenever I read his stuff I start betting with myself to see how long before Wolverine shows up.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

If I ever get a job at Marvel, the secret thrust of all my stories will be to put all things in a position to make Wolverine look absolutely, irredeemably pathetic.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fahim
Member # 5482

Ah Wolvie's not so bad, stop bashing on him [Razz] Now, I don't think I really like any of the current crop of Marvel super-star writers ... I didn't get back into comics till Bendis was over the hill and into his declining phase [Razz] I loved the early Spider-mah stories by JMS (the ones which had a very human touch) but hated the Gwen giving birth to twins stuff. I did want to pick up some of the new Peter David stuff - I loved his work on Hulk but hadn't read anything else by him ...

[ January 17, 2006, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Fahim ]

Posts: 136 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
Wolvies not so bad, stop bashing on him
Keeping it zen, Fahim.
Fahim
Member # 5482

:-)
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Don't sell him short, Chris!

Everything he writes -also- has to include Jessica Jones and have a non-star of the comic turn up during the climax to explain what the heck the point of the plot we just read was.

(See Dr. Strange in "Chaos" and Emma Frost in "The Sentry" arcs of his Avengers stories.)

Fahim
Member # 5482

So who do we wanna pick on next? [Razz] Let's move on over to DC and beat up Geoff Johns <vbg>
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I'm starting to wonder about Fahim's obsessiveness with men in tights. [Eek!]
Fahim
Member # 5482

Geoff Johns wears tights? Hmm ... that might explain a few things [Razz]
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
It's Fahim's mirror*neurons, quidscribis, kicking in to remind him of the good ol' days when he could take his part in the SecretWar to protect normal humanity from Kree, Shia'ar, Skrull, etc invaders seeking to overrun the Earth and enslave its inhabitants.
Then he fell in love... sigh... We lose more good men in tights that way...

* The first link is to a NewYorkTimes article -- which tends to become pay-to-read fairly quickly -- so I added a backup.

[ January 18, 2006, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[ROFL] aspectre, you are, if nothing else, wildly amusing. [Kiss]
Fahim
Member # 5482

Hey us married folk still get to go out in tights, we just have to hide the tights from our wives in case they jump to the wrong conclusion [Razz]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[Angst]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

OK, Marvel is doing it again.

They got all contrite at the time they did the Heroes reborn storyline. Each individual title would be self-contained enough that it could be read individually without knowing what's going on.

So (SPOILERS FOR JMS Amazing title) why the hell is Spider-man an Avenger and I've heard nothing about it in the JMS books? Grrrr. That's why I stopped reading the old titles in the first place.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't wonder why Spider-Man had moved into the Stark building after his house burnt down? Or was hanging out with the Avengers all the time?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That's the first I heard of him being an Avenger (I mean, except for his part-time association from the mid-80s).

I'm reading the TBPs, so that's all I'm up to. But nowhere in the JMS story does it even mention the new association until the house burns down.

I wasn't sure how Tony knew about Peter in the Skin storyline, but that didn't seem that big.

(Edit: So yes, this entire post is me wondering why he moved into Stark Towers. [Smile] )

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Spiderman's an Avenger? (And that was all I said. Fahim's immediate reactions... "Yeah." Pause. "Where're you reading this anyway?" I can see his eyes growing big as he glances over at my computer and the saliva drips off his chin...)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.