FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ah, sentence gems

Author Topic: Ah, sentence gems
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
According to eyewitnesses, the plane was flying extremely low when it plowed into a forest, crushing trees for about 600 yards before slamming into a mountain.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/01/20/crash.survivor.reut/index.html

Somewhat unsurprisingly, I don't need an eyewitness to tell me a plane that crashed into the ground was flying extremely low.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been working on a Photoshop style that makes gems and more gems. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I edit my roomie's papers for school as the resident grammar nut, and the best one came from a group project, and fortunately not her part in it.

On market segmentation:
"Curves' business executives are delving into middle-aged women as never before."

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure people have seen the Chuch Bulletin Boopers:

"The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church."

"The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday. "

http://www.ouryouthgroup.com/funnybulletins.html

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.